**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why is the monthly calendar so weak?

JazzyJeff1981JazzyJeff1981 Posts: 218
edited September 2017 in General Discussion
Ummm...? What's going on? Where are the 5* shards, where is all the stuff you said that we "uncollected" would be getting? This calendar is garbage... This was supposed to be the month to usher in all the new changes and begin the steps towards maxing out our 5* champions and beginning to prepare for the future of the game. This calendar is a dramatic step backward... I thought we were stepping forward...

The final reward is a single Grandmaster crystal? You realize that they are practically worthless to the uncollected right?! Even if that mystery prize is a full 5* crystal, this calendar will be a disappointment...

You guys never cease to disappoint.

Comments

• Options
    It is weak compared to last month's. But not the worst theyve done with these.
  • Options
    ScottryanScottryan Posts: 467 ★★★
    Not every calendar is going to be amazing. last month we had an amazing calendar so i'm really not surprised that they dialed it back this month. With the release of 5.3 we may be getting a grand master calendar but you never know. All you can do is wait for next month and hope it is better
  • Options
    NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017
    They made it clear that 5*s will be easier to get WHICH THEY DID BY INCREASING THE REWARDA AND LAST MONTHS CALENDER
  • Options
    ScottryanScottryan Posts: 467 ★★★
    Scottryan wrote: »
    Not every calendar is going to be amazing. last month we had an amazing calendar so i'm really not surprised that they dialed it back this month. With the release of 5.3 we may be getting a grand master calendar but you never know. All you can do is wait for next month and hope it is better

Growing very tired of waiting and hoping.

WTF do you mean by that? you got half of a 5* champ in last months calendar. you have been "waiting and hoping" for a total of 1 day. Stop complaining
  • Options
    Rogue42Rogue42 Posts: 1,006 ★★★
    Well you know, they could just go back to not having a monthly calander, so be grateful for what you do get.
  • Options
    No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    Because it's like when a drug dealer wants to get you hooked they give out free or very cheap samples. Once they got you hooked then they sucker you for everything you got. Those calendars are not tokens of appreciation, it's designed to engage you to want the stuff enough to buy stuff down the road. wait for those offers, unlike bases and t5bs, they are actually coming soon.
  • Options
    I just wanna point out that no where did kabam directly state that future calenders will have 5* shards

They made it very clear that is is 5* or die from here on out and they also made it seem somewhat clear that those of us who were talented enough to become "uncollected" were about to start reaping the benefits of that. This calendar is a slap in the face to everyone who has been sitting here waiting for them to make good on their promises.

The only people promising that it is 5* or die and that we should be getting vastly more upgrade rewards for 5* champions are other players. Go complain to them that the world didn't fulfill those promises.
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    Its free stuff if you want five star shards you should want to earn them not want them to be handed to you
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017
    Sungj wrote: »
    Its free stuff if you want five star shards you should want to earn them not want them to be handed to you

It's not free stuff... It's the way the game functions now. I earn every single shard I can get my hands on. I grind every arena and complete all the quests. If you think that is enough, then you are not on my level. That calendar has become a valued part of the game. It's a source for resources that we have come to rely on. There is only one item in that calendar that is going to help me at all... This thing is just a slap in the face to people who are trying to stay on pace with what the creators have laid down. If you think it is good enough, you are behind.... That calendar is weaker than ones we were getting months and months ago. There very first calendar they ever gave us was barely weaker than this one. Stop looking at this like it's "free stuff" It's not free stuff, it's our monthly stipend and this is not enough to sustain us. They are just expecting us to buy the rest...

It is free. You get it for turning on the game. Legitimately free. If you want to look at logging on as payment, that would scarcely be considered earning it. The problem is undoubtedly expectations. We are given free Rewards for logging in. There is absolutely no room to be offended by that.
    While we're on the subject, the Player Base is responsible for taking the Announcement and running with that. Just because 6*'s are coming in the future doesn't mean they will be handing us 5*'s every month.
  • Options
    No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    What if the mystery day is a 5* shard crystal? :p
  • Options
    Phantom wrote: »
    The level of idiocy is astounding.

What "Uncollected Login Calendar" are you all referring to? There's a 14-day login calendar that comes with being Uncollected. That's it! There's not a monthly calendar! Kabam never said that! Ever! Or even hinted at it! Go fact-check me:
    http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/16102/the-new-grandmaster-crystal-and-uncollected-14-day-calendar#latest

As for the idea that it isn't rewarding enough: grow up! It's free! 100% free! How to get items in game: open game. And you're complaining?! You get a Tier 4 Basic Catalyst, two chances at a four star, and one of those chances can give a five star. I'm sorry that you didn't get your half of a five star for doing absolutely nothing.

And there's one special quote in here that I can't let go by unnoticed:

You literally just got half of a five star for doing literally nothing. I'd like to thank @JazzyJeff1981 for having a brain on this one. You've waited for a day. If you can't go for one day without knowing you'll get half of a five star for free in the next 28 days, may I suggest you delete the game and download Flippy Knife?

Oh, goody! I see another comment while I'm typing!

It's not free stuff...
    ...patience is a virtue...
    Did you pay for it? Did you work for it? No? It's free. That's the definition of free. If the lack of half a free five star crystal destroys the game for you, I don't see how you've come this far.

I'm not here to be patient. I'm looking for what they promised us. You be patient. I'm trying to win.

What exactly did they promise that involves giving anything for free? Rewards are earned. Some are given. Some are purchased. They promised more Resources would be made available. They didn't promise to give them in the Calendar.
  • Options
    PhantomPhantom Posts: 228
    Phantom wrote: »
    The level of idiocy is astounding.

What "Uncollected Login Calendar" are you all referring to? There's a 14-day login calendar that comes with being Uncollected. That's it! There's not a monthly calendar! Kabam never said that! Ever! Or even hinted at it! Go fact-check me:
    http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/16102/the-new-grandmaster-crystal-and-uncollected-14-day-calendar#latest

As for the idea that it isn't rewarding enough: grow up! It's free! 100% free! How to get items in game: open game. And you're complaining?! You get a Tier 4 Basic Catalyst, two chances at a four star, and one of those chances can give a five star. I'm sorry that you didn't get your half of a five star for doing absolutely nothing.

And there's one special quote in here that I can't let go by unnoticed:

You literally just got half of a five star for doing literally nothing. I'd like to thank @JazzyJeff1981 for having a brain on this one. You've waited for a day. If you can't go for one day without knowing you'll get half of a five star for free in the next 28 days, may I suggest you delete the game and download Flippy Knife?

Oh, goody! I see another comment while I'm typing!

It's not free stuff...
    ...patience is a virtue...
    Did you pay for it? Did you work for it? No? It's free. That's the definition of free. If the lack of half a free five star crystal destroys the game for you, I don't see how you've come this far.

I'm not here to be patient. I'm looking for what they promised us. You be patient. I'm trying to win.

And what did they promise you? If you can't win without free stuff, go find a new game.
  • Options
    FthewiggFthewigg Posts: 104
    edited September 2017
    You can always count on free dribble...

I'm on the fence about the whole free stuff argument. I'm quite confident that statistics would dictate that the more people log on, the more likely they are going to spend. Also, when the company was sold, don't you think that the log in stats were influential in the sale price?

Do I appreciate getting extra stuff for doing what I normally do anyway? Absolutely! Am I naive enough to believe we get it from the goodness of their benevolent hearts? Uh, no. There is a strategy here, and free ain't always free.

Given all the bugs and costly issues, it's the least they can do.
  • Options
    PhantomPhantom Posts: 228
    It has to start somewhere... You people aren't thinking long term. The next months leading up to the beginning of the year are supposed to "usher" us into a new era of the game. Right now, all we are going to get is a handful of items from chapter 5... These rewards look good, but it's no where near enough to move us to the place they are describing us being at when 6* champions arrive....

The increase in items has to start somewhere.... This event was supposed to start bringing about the changes. I know that this calendar is about the same as a lot of the basic boring normal simple calendars we have had in the past, but after all the hype they just brought out, a large part of the community was expecting to see changes to rewards across the board... This calendar is a step in the wrong direction... It's disappointing, and it's just one more example of how they are never going to follow through on what they say... The 6* star champs are going to hit the board and we will all be left behind. But enjoy your crappy little calendar...

It is bringing in changes. Have you looked at the last day of the calendar? There's a Unit-purchasable crystal than contains five stars. That's different. I'm going to bed now. I'll wake up tomorrow and get my free items without complaining that it's not shiny enough. Have a good night, and please, find the word "free" in the dictionary.
  • Options
    Fthewigg wrote: »
    You can always count on free dribble...

I'm on the fence about the whole free stuff argument. I'm quite confident that statistics would dictate that the more people log on, the more likely they are going to spend. Also, when the company was sold, don't you think that the log in stats were influential in the sale price?

Do I appreciate getting extra stuff for doing what I normally do anyway. Absolutely! Am I naive enough to believe we get it from the goodness of their benevolent hearts? Uh, no. There is a strategy here, and free ain't always free.

Given all the bugs and costly issues, it's the least they can do.

That may have validity if it were mandatory to spend. As it stands, the Rewards are available to everyone whether they spend or not. It's still free.
This discussion has been closed.