**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Act 6 Chapter 4: The End of the Elders has Begun! [Rewards Updated]

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    TheKiryu said:

WillieB said:

H3t3r said:

I'm not sure I follow the argument though. Considering T5CC is the most rare Cat, wouldn't you already be aware of what you want?

With us nit being able to open the 6* shards first we will just be guessing what we want. It makes more sense to open the 6* first then choose what t5cc you want. And not everyone has a class in mind as they may have no r3 candidates before opening all the 6* we get.
    For me, it would be whatever one is closest to being formed if I wasn't waiting to R3.
    If I did that, it would result in me having a T5CC of the class of champion that I don't have any awakened champs as well as the class that I have only trash champions. So I would either have to get extremely lucky with my 6* pulls (LMFAO) or sit on it for a LONG time.
    If you're not sitting on at least one you want to take up by the time you get to the Selector, it's up in the air either way. Then you're just sitting on it in your Inventory, and I don't think that's a goal they want for T5CCs at this time. Just my opinion of course. Still, I don't know too many people who don't know what they're going for when it comes to the highest Rank-Ups.
    Its missing the mark completely.

Its due to the 25% crystal you get from exploration beeing absolutely random, and unless you see future you dont know what 25% class u will get after you explore. If you can match the selector to the class you get that is 50% of catalyst and would enable you to rank up additional champion.

Additionally you dont know what class you pull from t5cc so beeing able to select after also can let you escape *bad rng* of pulling a class t5cc you are about to form.

Lastly act 6 offers 6* nexus crystal and plenty 6* shards that will affect your 6* roster significantly enough.

Base point is currently you *have to bet* or make a decision without knowing how your account will look like within minutes (opening completion rewards, or days and hrs, opening exploration rewards).

Letting players choose after they know what cards they have been dealt would result in much better choice. Kinda like poker, currently you are forced to go all in before you have seen any cards on the table.
    You know what Champs you're pulling for. You know what Classes they are. You know how close you are in your Inventory to forming them. It's not a hard decision.
  • Options
    There's no escaping RNG in this game in one way or another. Mind you, I appreciate the symmetry of adding the Nexus Crystal after needing RNG to get through Act 6. There's a certain full circle aspect to it. However, it's an RNG game. I don't think that will ever change no matter what the level of progression is.
  • Options
    Raganator said:

There's no escaping RNG in this game in one way or another.

Except with a class selector....

Correct. Which people are being given. Now they want to hold on to it to bypass the RNG of the Crystals as well.
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

WillieB said:

H3t3r said:

I'm not sure I follow the argument though. Considering T5CC is the most rare Cat, wouldn't you already be aware of what you want?

With us nit being able to open the 6* shards first we will just be guessing what we want. It makes more sense to open the 6* first then choose what t5cc you want. And not everyone has a class in mind as they may have no r3 candidates before opening all the 6* we get.
    For me, it would be whatever one is closest to being formed if I wasn't waiting to R3.
    If I did that, it would result in me having a T5CC of the class of champion that I don't have any awakened champs as well as the class that I have only trash champions. So I would either have to get extremely lucky with my 6* pulls (LMFAO) or sit on it for a LONG time.
    If you're not sitting on at least one you want to take up by the time you get to the Selector, it's up in the air either way. Then you're just sitting on it in your Inventory, and I don't think that's a goal they want for T5CCs at this time. Just my opinion of course. Still, I don't know too many people who don't know what they're going for when it comes to the highest Rank-Ups.
    Due to the way the rewards are being given out your needs from initial completion will change from when you fully explore act 6.4. That is what everyone is saying. So right now my need is skill because I have a r2 6 star Aegon but if I get a fully formed Skill t5cc upon exploration my need would shift to tech where I already have 16k t5cc shards. Hopefully that breakdown helps you understand the current dilemma since this isn't an issue for you.
  • Options

TheKiryu said:

WillieB said:

H3t3r said:

Its due to the 25% crystal you get from exploration beeing absolutely random, and unless you see future you dont know what 25% class u will get after you explore. If you can match the selector to the class you get that is 50% of catalyst and would enable you to rank up additional champion.

Additionally you dont know what class you pull from t5cc so beeing able to select after also can let you escape *bad rng* of pulling a class t5cc you are about to form.

Lastly act 6 offers 6* nexus crystal and plenty 6* shards that will affect your 6* roster significantly enough.

Base point is currently you *have to bet* or make a decision without knowing how your account will look like within minutes (opening completion rewards, or days and hrs, opening exploration rewards).

Letting players choose after they know what cards they have been dealt would result in much better choice. Kinda like poker, currently you are forced to go all in before you have seen any cards on the table.
    You know what Champs you're pulling for. You know what Classes they are. You know how close you are in your Inventory to forming them. It's not a hard decision.
    :sigh: You're still missing it. After you finish 6.4 you'll have at least one full 6* to open. Let's say I have an unawakened Nick Fury currently(which I do) and I'm 25% of a t5cc away from taking him to r3. But I have a duped Corvus and I'm 50% away from taking him to r3. I get the selector first and must choose right then which to get. I choose cosmic because Nick Fury really needs his dupe, then I open the 6* crystal and dupe Fury. Now instead of being able to take someone to rank 3, helping my roster and my alliance prestige(for better AQ rewards) and probably a stronger defense in AW(more t5cc), I'm sitting on neither going to r3.

Now I know you'll say "You should have just taken skill and formed one." That's not always the correct answer. I have a fully formed skill currently from Abyss. The only way I'd take another skill is if I had both a duped Fury and a duped Aegon. I'd much rather a cosmic or science for my Corvus or Thing. The issue here is you can't open up the rest of your rewards to make an informed decision based on the 6* that's opened. That's why people are suggesting that the selector be a token that they can go and claim from their inventory. They can make an informed decision based on what they need most.
    Who's to say you have to apply the Resources with absolute symmetry?

WillieB said:

H3t3r said:

Due to the way the rewards are being given out your needs from initial completion will change from when you fully explore act 6.4. That is what everyone is saying. So right now my need is skill because I have a r2 6 star Aegon but if I get a fully formed Skill t5cc upon exploration my need would shift to tech where I already have 16k t5cc shards. Hopefully that breakdown helps you understand the current dilemma since this isn't an issue for you.
    No, I get what the argument is. I just don't see how everything must line up.

I'm not really trying to make a thing out of it. I'm just saying they gave an inch. Might be pushing it to want more is all. It's just a part of RNG, and the game in general. Things don't always line up perfectly. Sometimes you pull what you don't need. Sometimes you have to make the best decision you see at the time. That's all I'm saying.
  • Options
    GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    edited March 2020

Hey everybody, thank you for all of the feedback, but we do not have any plans to change the way in which we deliver the 25% T5CC Fragments. It is not possible to make it into an item, and we won't be making it delivered later. You're gonna have to choose the Fragments you want when you finish the Act.

We could change it back to a Crystal if you guys want to hold on to something in your inventory though :wink:

What about making the t5cc selector for exploration and a random for completion? It seems backwards in its current state. I am more than excited for the updated rewards but I can see tons of people that just won't complete Act 6 (probably leave a single lane in 6.4 undone) until they have everything else at 100% for the sole reason that they want to make the best choice when it comes to the rarest material in the game.
  • Options
    IKONIKON Posts: 1,336 ★★★★★
    I get it, its not the was selectors were designed. Is it at least possible to show your current amount of fragments within the selector?
  • Options
    GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    Raganator said:

Hey everybody, thank you for all of the feedback, but we do not have any plans to change the way in which we deliver the 25% T5CC Fragments. It is not possible to make it into an item, and we won't be making it delivered later. You're gonna have to choose the Fragments you want when you finish the Act.

We could change it back to a Crystal if you guys want to hold on to something in your inventory though :wink:

Got it. So avoid Act 6.4 until I am within 25% of a fully formed T5CC. Makes sense.

Selectors are purchasable items in the sigil store. To say its impossible is a misnomer. Could just as easily make the selector purchasable with a unique form of consideration only available upon completion of Act 6.
    AND have a worthy 6* champ to use it on preferably duped and high sig lol
  • Options
    PitPenguinsPitPenguins Posts: 22
    Still no 6* sig stones. Better but not really what they should be. Look much better because of the original rewards.
  • Options
    WillieBWillieB Posts: 150 ★★
    edited March 2020
    Well, unfortunately it seems like Kabaam is determined to keep the Act 6 rewards in this random type structure. We can give them negative feedback until we are blue in the face, but they seem determined that this is the direction the game is going. I didn't want to believe that was the case, hoping that it was just an oversight and that they would adjust the rewards back to Act 4, Act 5 guaranteed type reward structures, but that's not the case. I guess it's time for me to decide if I want to continue the effort (grinding,spending) that I've been producing to finish content with rewards like this in mind. Probably not.
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

Raganator said:

Got it. So avoid Act 6.4 until I am within 25% of a fully formed T5CC. Makes sense.

Selectors are purchasable items in the sigil store. To say its impossible is a misnomer. Could just as easily make the selector purchasable with a unique form of consideration only available upon completion of Act 6.
    I didn't say it was impossible, but it's not possible with the Tech we have now. Notice that when you purchase a selector in the Black ISO Market that it also activates right away?

It's also just not something that we want for these rewards. While it's true that what you get in the future might change what you want from this, it's not meant to be a guaranteed way to get a T5CC, but to give you a bump to the one that you want at the time that you got that Selector.
    Surely you could make an item, or a key, that replaces the selector and then place the selector in the store purchasable only once and only using that item or key. That’s within the tech you have in the game isn’t it?
    Unfortunately Kabam has made it clear that they do not want to give players the most beneficial time to use their t5cc. This is not an oversight on their part so it doesn't matter if it isn't impossible. The intent behind it was to give us more t5cc upon immediate completion of act 6.4. I don't think anymore amount of fuss about it will change at this point.
  • Options
    MattManMattMan Posts: 434 ★★★★
    NinjAlan said:

Considering the calm nature the player base has exhibited in this thread I don't think this sort of snarky, threatening response is warranted, nor becoming of an employee.
    Par for the course.
  • Options

TheKiryu said:

WillieB said:

H3t3r said:

:sigh: You're still missing it. After you finish 6.4 you'll have at least one full 6* to open. Let's say I have an unawakened Nick Fury currently(which I do) and I'm 25% of a t5cc away from taking him to r3. But I have a duped Corvus and I'm 50% away from taking him to r3. I get the selector first and must choose right then which to get. I choose cosmic because Nick Fury really needs his dupe, then I open the 6* crystal and dupe Fury. Now instead of being able to take someone to rank 3, helping my roster and my alliance prestige(for better AQ rewards) and probably a stronger defense in AW(more t5cc), I'm sitting on neither going to r3.

Now I know you'll say "You should have just taken skill and formed one." That's not always the correct answer. I have a fully formed skill currently from Abyss. The only way I'd take another skill is if I had both a duped Fury and a duped Aegon. I'd much rather a cosmic or science for my Corvus or Thing. The issue here is you can't open up the rest of your rewards to make an informed decision based on the 6* that's opened. That's why people are suggesting that the selector be a token that they can go and claim from their inventory. They can make an informed decision based on what they need most.
    Who's to say you have to apply the Resources with absolute symmetry?

WillieB said:

H3t3r said:

No, I get what the argument is. I just don't see how everything must line up.

I'm not really trying to make a thing out of it. I'm just saying they gave an inch. Might be pushing it to want more is all. It's just a part of RNG, and the game in general. Things don't always line up perfectly. Sometimes you pull what you don't need. Sometimes you have to make the best decision you see at the time. That's all I'm saying.
    We all know why you don't see how everything must line up. No one said it has to. We're saying Kabam should give us the option of opening the rest of our rewards to see what we might need. Kabam Miike said once you buy the selector from the black ISO store it activates immediately, but we have to buy it. We know what we need because we've opened our champion crystals and can make an informed opinion. Here we're hitting claim and having to choose which what we need without knowing exactly what we need. The point of being able to select something is to pick what you need the most. What you need the most in this case could quite literally change on the very next crystal you open from these same rewards.

You don't get the argument because where your account was when you stopped playing wasn't at the level where this decision could affect whether or not you can keep up in the prestige race or not. Your game experience doesn't match what the rest of us playing at the high end actually need. We can only get t5cc from AW seasons, Act 6, Abyss and sales. Once we've explored Act 6 and Abyss, we only have AW seasons which is a trickle at best and sales which are random.
    I get it. I also know people know what they want by the time they run something. You know you're pulling for X Champs, waiting to Rank Y, need Z Frags. What you're suggesting is waiting to see if you pull a better Champ with the Shards, and that doesn't always line up.
  • Options

H3t3r said:

But let's say you're close to forming a class that you only need one of like I am with mystic currently, I complete 6.4 and get the selector, choose mystic, then finish 6.4 completely and get mystic from the fully formed and 25% of another class i would need like science from the random crystal. Then that selector would have been better used towards science as opposed to doubling up on mystic unnecessarily
    Just like anyone else, you make the best decision you can in the moment, and deal with what comes in the future. There's no such thing as a perfect outcome.
  • Options
    WhiteStrikerWhiteStriker Posts: 107

Raganator said:

I didn't say it was impossible, but it's not possible with the Tech we have now. Notice that when you purchase a selector in the Black ISO Market that it also activates right away?

It's also just not something that we want for these rewards. While it's true that what you get in the future might change what you want from this, it's not meant to be a guaranteed way to get a T5CC, but to give you a bump to the one that you want at the time that you got that Selector.
    Why do we even need the exploration rewards when there is no further chapter to explore ? What other contents will we be having in this game in future?
  • Options

Raganator said:

Why do we even need the exploration rewards when there is no further chapter to explore ? What other contents will we be having in this game in future?
    It's the end of this story arc. More is coming. It's not the end of the game.
  • Options
    CainCain Posts: 559 ★★
    Raganator said:

You have to select immediately with those selectors as well. That’s how they all work
  • Options
    cityofenochcityofenoch Posts: 45

Raganator said:

saying it's not possible to figure out a solution to this due to tech limitations seems extremely lazy.