**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

HOOD SYNERGY WITH DORMAMMU

I pulled hood from premium shards after spending rest of scraps on it and notice the Dark Empowerment Lvl 3.

Its states: Non-robot villain champions have a 20% chance to revive at 10% health when receiving a knock out blow.

My question is to anyone who has them both have you tested this out in Arena or AQ?

Comments

• Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    I've faced it in AW, the synergy caused my opponent to revive twice, likely due to multiple synergies between Hood Dorm and Mordo.
  • Options
    FineFine Posts: 78
    works in all areas of the game
  • Options
    LegendsForgedLegendsForged Posts: 364
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    I've faced it in AW, the synergy caused my opponent to revive twice, likely due to multiple synergies between Hood Dorm and Mordo.

I only see Dormammu.Fixit.Voodoo under Hood synergy and Voodoo has Strange and Rogue. Mordo i havent checked lol
  • Options
    FineFine Posts: 78
    mordo is under Dorm's
  • Options
    Fine wrote: »
    mordo is under Dorm's

So both hood and dormammu can revive as long as they are together?
  • Options
    GOT_BOOSTGOT_BOOST Posts: 24
    Fine wrote: »
    mordo is under Dorm's

So both hood and dormammu can revive as long as they are together?

Yes
  • Options
    GrinderGrinder Posts: 242
    edited May 2017
    Any non-robot villain on your team can trigger the ability, not just hood and dormammu, but it's far from dependable and cannot be stacked. It basically makes your champ unstoppable for a split second of the revive kicking in so you can't just be hit into while it activates. It's a neat idea, but alot like phoenix's dupe, it's just useless. Also, it cannot trigger more than once per fight.
  • Options
    Grinder wrote: »
    Any non-robot villain on your team can trigger the ability, not just hood and dormammu, but it's far from dependable and cannot be stacked. It basically makes your champ unstoppable for a split second of the revive kicking in so you can't just be hit into while it activates. It's a neat idea, but alot like phoenix's dupe, it's just useless. Also, it cannot trigger more than once per fight.

If i took Dormammu.Hood.VP the synergy would kick in?
  • Options
    GrinderGrinder Posts: 242
    Any non-robot villains combined with hood and dormammu...
  • Options
    Grinder wrote: »
    Any non-robot villains combined with hood and dormammu...

I gotta refresh on my villian chart lol
  • Options
    SadalSadal Posts: 93
    First of all its not a unique so it does stack.... the chance not the health as far as i understand.... so you can get it up to 80% for 10% health (4 and 5 star dorm, 4 and 5 star hood and a mordo)... second how do you know it can only trigger once a fight? Does not say that unlike untrons passive heals it specifically states it and other threads have people who have seen it happen twice when going against it in aw.... third your statements are not backed up by logic or facts and only gives false info misleading those who look to threads for info and help.... and finally i have not seen it work since 13.0 and ive tested it many many times....
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    Sadal wrote: »
    First of all its not a unique so it does stack.... the chance not the health as far as i understand.... so you can get it up to 80% for 10% health (4 and 5 star dorm, 4 and 5 star hood and a mordo)... second how do you know it can only trigger once a fight? Does not say that unlike untrons passive heals it specifically states it and other threads have people who have seen it happen twice when going against it in aw.... third your statements are not backed up by logic or facts and only gives false info misleading those who look to threads for info and help.... and finally i have not seen it work since 13.0 and ive tested it many many times....

I had a fight in arena yesterday and Magneto did it, popped up in a yellow/orange colour saying revive.

1st time I have ever seen it, but it does work.

Shame I don't have dormammu yet
  • Options
    4*&5*dormammu with 4*&5* hood and or mordo that's 4 revives possible 80% chance at almost half bar of health....and if phoenix is a villain she is the only one that may revive 5×....factor in her revive passive to
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    I could of swore Miikes said the other day that the synergies didn't stack. Could be completely wrong though.
  • Options
    GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    The chance to revive stacks but the amount of health gained stays at 10%. Should occur only once per fight but due to a bug (surprise!), it can occur more than once per fight
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,364 ★★★★★
    67shelbygt wrote: »
    4*&5*dormammu with 4*&5* hood and or mordo that's 4 revives possible 80% chance at almost half bar of health....and if phoenix is a villain she is the only one that may revive 5×....factor in her revive passive to

Sorry, but there have been a few threads about this before.

The revives don't stack, just like unique synergies don't: if you have two revive synergies, it seems to be you have (at best) a 20% chance to revive, followed by another 20% chance of it didn't work the first time. And so on.

I suspect the one time per fight rule still applies as well, even if you have more than one synergy.

It's absolutely clear that the amount you revive to doesn't stack either; and since it's an instant gain, it doesn't seem subject to Recovery Mastery, although would need a Mod to clarify. Which I think is unlikely.