**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

War Season affected Permanently by "Quick Fix": Lost of Tier and Points?

Due to the latest Alliance War error, some alliances had super short wars, and as a result of that, the AW that started on March 8th will not be counted in the end. Kabam has seemingly issued a quick fix to reset alliances back to where they should be, but it appears that alliances who did not get glitched Alliance Wars will suffer in the end.

Hear me out. I know that Kabam will subtract any won/lost points for the AW on 3/8. However, many alliances are now in different tiers that they were before, leading to an unfair extra gain/loss in future Alliance Wars for ending up in a different tier than if the war had happened normally.

For example, my alliance dropped down from Tier 4 to Tier 5 due to us having lost the last Alliance War that didn't count (Items were not going to be reimbursed). Now, we will be playing another Attack phase in war in just under 18 hours, but instead of receiving the Tier 4 multiplier of 4.5x for any points won, we will only be receiving the Tier 5 multiplier of 4x for points won.

I just wanted to bring light to this issue and wonder what you guys think a good fix could be?

Comments

• Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    check the bug thread. they will take into account every change so this doesnt affect points. that includes tier change
  • ZENZEN Posts: 151
    Primmer79 said:

check the bug thread. they will take into account every change so this doesnt affect points. that includes tier change

You don't know what you're talking about. We were dropped to Hard from Challenger tier when we lost points. Now, we're going to play in Hard tier, how can you say it didn't change?

ZEN said:

Primmer79 said:

You don't know what you're talking about. We were dropped to Hard from Challenger tier when we lost points. Now, we're going to play in Hard tier, how can you say it didn't change?

They *will* take it into account. I dont know what they means, but they said they will take it into account when evaluating the season.
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    Primmer79 said:

ZEN said:

Primmer79 said:

They *will* take it into account. I dont know what they means, but they said they will take it into account when evaluating the season.
    Unfortunately I don’t think there’s a way of accurately doing that. Let’s say a alliance drops down a tier from 3 to 4. The next war they fight will be easier with the map change. Easier map and opponent will likely mean fewer deaths. They can’t simply give them the higher multiples because that would give an unfair advantage as well.
    RogerRabs said:

Primmer79 said:

ZEN said:

Primmer79 said:

Unfortunately I don’t think there’s a way of accurately doing that. Let’s say a alliance drops down a tier from 3 to 4. The next war they fight will be easier with the map change. Easier map and opponent will likely mean fewer deaths. They can’t simply give them the higher multiples because that would give an unfair advantage as well.
    Thats a fair thought. I just think this thread needs to be directed towards Kabam. They said they will address it. But until now, we dont see a way they will. Not that they said they wont fix it.
  • DGMDGM Posts: 5
    I recieved an award now for that short war, but my ally didn't get any points at that war and it will affect our final award position of the season. We are in gold 3, but could be in gold 2 with those points. We had one tie and won the rest, but are on basically the same position from the beginning of the season.
  • DabNation1DabNation1 Posts: 22
    edited March 2020
    Yeah the whole situation is messed up and they said they will look at it on a case by case basis. Even if they give adjusted rewards to certain alliances there is still the issue of standing. It’s a lot easier to get the type of recruits needed for a plat 4 alliance when you actually end in plat 4. Standing matters, it’s not just about rewards. Problem is all the discussions on the issue keep getting closed and locked up. What’s the point of a forum if they just silence anything they want.
    I understand the issue was out of there control but only adjusting AW ratings for alliances who lost/tied makes this entire season unfair. Plus the snow ball effect of how tier changes has effected the last 4 wars is unfixable at this point. There really needs to be real/fair solution to this problem. Some of us spend a lot of money with kabam and i honestly expect more from a company i have supported for years.
  • Duck_of_DoomDuck_of_Doom Posts: 171

Yeah the whole situation is messed up and they said they will look at it on a case by case basis. Even if they give adjusted rewards to certain alliances there is still the issue of standing. It’s a lot easier to get the type of recruits needed for a plat 4 alliance when you actually end in plat 4. Standing matters, it’s not just about rewards. Problem is all the discussions on the issue keep getting closed and locked up. What’s the point of a forum if they just silence anything they want.
    I understand the issue was out of there control but only adjusting AW ratings for alliances who lost/tied makes this entire season unfair. Plus the snow ball effect of how tier changes has effected the last 4 wars is unfixable at this point. There really needs to be real/fair solution to this problem. Some of us spend a lot of money with kabam and i honestly expect more from a company i have supported for years.

They close it as there is already a thread about it
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★
    They made it to where the season is 11 wars instead of the normal 12. They adjusted points, tiers and war ratings. It's like it never happened and everyone got "win" rewards.
  • DGMDGM Posts: 5
    No, the season points are the same. I followed the difference from my ally to the first one of the tier the whole season, it didn't change
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★
    DGM said:

No, the season points are the same. I followed the difference from my ally to the first one of the tier the whole season, it didn't change

They will be taking the points. They've already said they were going to. Pretty sure the points were the first thing they did. But they might wait till seasons end.

They made it to where the season is 11 wars instead of the normal 12. They adjusted points, tiers and war ratings. It's like it never happened and everyone got "win" rewards.

They only adjusted tiers for people who lost or tied and did it before last war. People who won, there tier was not altered. People who lost or tied got there lost war raiting points returned after 3 wars. So people who won still gained points while those who lost/tied got their points returned to prior to war 5. If they would have wiped everything right after war 5 then it would not affected anything. I’m sure doing that is a huge undertaking and extremely hard to pull of so i understand them not being able to do it right away. The problem with them adjusting it 3 wars after the fact is that it effected alliance tiers which effected over all score.
    Giving everyone the win rewards was a cool thing to do but for myself i care a lot more about where my ally ends in season rankings. That effects our recruiting and we have 4 retiring lol, so i have been a lot more invested then i normally would be. But yeah, i understand that kabam is doing their best, just think they should be looking at the ripple effect.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    Whether they adjust the Points right away or at the end of the Season doesn't really matter. They're removing all Points from War 5. People will still push as hard as they can until the end and still end up with the Rank they earned.

Whether they adjust the Points right away or at the end of the Season doesn't really matter. They're removing all Points from War 5. People will still push as hard as they can until the end and still end up with the Rank they earned.

Yeah that’s true, it does not matter when points are adjusted. They said they would be working on it shortly.
    Rating is what was time dependent.

Yeah that’s true, it does not matter when points are adjusted. They said they would be working on it shortly.
    Rating is what was time dependent.

The official response was they only added War Rating to the losing side because keeping the Wins has a corrective effect. Meaning it would allow people to fall into where they should be. If not, Miike also added that they would do whatever needed to be done if there were those who were misaligned as a result. Paraphrasing of course. Basically, they have it covered.
  • Eric987Eric987 Posts: 78

DGM said:

They will be taking the points. They've already said they were going to. Pretty sure the points were the first thing they did. But they might wait till seasons end.
    Don’t spread false info, they have not removed the point totals from war 5 yet. I really hope they don’t plan on waiting to fix this until after season ends. That causes a big problem when deciding whether to push hard in the last couple wars since you don’t know where you actually currently rank in standings.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,544 ★★★★★
    I don’t subscribe to the “corrective effect” concept, which allows alliances who won “short” wars to benefit in the short run and potentially beyond. And as far as I can tell, war points have not been adjusted.

But I did get some shards that earned me another 20 sig levels on my woebegone, neglected and all-but disowned Classic Captain Marvel.

Dr. Zola
  • markie_markmarkie_mark Posts: 4
    I think it's time to abandon the single most toxic and exhausting feature of this game - war seasons.

The concept is fine - work together with your ally to beat other allies in a competitive format and win good rewards. However due to a poor match up system, ranking system, enlistment and alliance memberships it leads to frustration and quiet frankly hostility.

An alternative approach, which would be easier to implement and deal with most of those issues, simply return to one on one war match ups and grant increasing rewards based on a winning streak. As long as the rewards average out to the same as they would over a season it would resolve all of the issues mentioned above.

Sick of it.

Mark

Increased Rewards based on a winning streak would be a mess. You think it's competitive now. Tie the Wars in to never losing.