**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

G2099 - Should her Combo Meter Mechanic be Improved?

PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,827 ★★★★★
edited March 2020 in Suggestions and Requests
Recently pulled G2099, heard so much hype around her. And while her kit packs a bunch of utility, there’s still one major flaw in her design, the maintenance of her combo meter.

If it’s too op to let her keep her combo meter in between fights like Aegons, would it be possible to have her subsequent sp3’s add a certain number of combo hits on top of the 100? Doesn’t have to be much , can be just 50.

It just sucks cause everyone was expecting her to be the best counter for Abyss, now shes hardly even used there?? Even for LoL, Aegons still better, so don’t see much use for her besides variant 3/some other niche stuff like biohazard/not being able to crit/etc.

TLDR - great champ with a lot in her kit , but still seems like a nerfed version of Aegon. This change can really improve her.

G2099 - Should her Combo Meter Mechanic be Improved? 28 votes

Yes
64% 18 votes
No
35% 10 votes

Comments

• Das_giDas_gi Posts: 320 ★★
    She’s a monster if you use her right. Takes almost no damage on well-timed blocks due to her armor. Heals a lot of health if you just don’t use the pre-fight abilities, once charged she hits harder than any champ there is if you’re fighting in act 6. The only reason why she isn’t so used in abyss is the fact that the combo restriction is too low. If it were set to 350 hits she would destroy all opponents.
  • GnotnusGnotnus Posts: 89
    edited March 2020
    I found it's quite hard to finish the first opponent with sp3 since she starts with relatively low damage at the beginning of the fight. And after I finally carry my 100 combo to my next fight, it's even harder to keep that combo because the opponents then die too quickly.. :# So I go back to this loop.. 5 min of fight then 10seconds fight and again 5 min...
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited March 2020
    Gnotnus said:

I found it's quite hard to finish the first opponent with sp3 since she starts with relatively low damage at the beginning of the fight. And after I finally carry my 100 combo to my next fight, it's even harder to keep that combo because the opponents then die too quickly.. :# So I go back to this loop.. 5 min of fight then 10seconds fight and again 5 min...

Only use heavies to build the most power with the least damage and fun fact if you kill them with the instant damage from the L3 after the animation it counts as killing with an L3. If you are killing them before you can reach 3 bars with heavies, the fights are short enough to where she isn’t that necessary anyways. In quests where fights are short she gets the first fight and I save her for the boss for a quick takedown.

Edit: oh yeah and when you don’t use any prefights, she gets like +32% defensive power gain which can help out if you need to parry or take blocked hits to get to L3. Best part is, you have a fat armor up, so you barely take damage.
  • GnotnusGnotnus Posts: 89

Gnotnus said:

Only use heavies to build the most power with the least damage and fun fact if you kill them with the instant damage from the L3 after the animation it counts as killing with an L3. If you are killing them before you can reach 3 bars with heavies, the fights are short enough to where she isn’t that necessary anyways. In quests where fights are short she gets the first fight and I save her for the boss for a quick takedown.

Edit: oh yeah and when you don’t use any prefights, she gets like +32% defensive power gain which can help out if you need to parry or take blocked hits to get to L3. Best part is, you have a fat armor up, so you barely take damage.
    Thanks for all the info! At which content do you think she shines the best?
  • NinjaNate90NinjaNate90 Posts: 52
    I really think she could use some scaling tweaks. She’s still a great champ, but there’s a lot that could be done to keep her toned down fight to fight and make her viable for LoL or Abyss. Maybe get a larger boost in damage scaling every twenty hits so she’s a decent contender on the first fight, then maybe increase the scaling more after 100 hits. She only really starts to do Aegon level damage after about 250hits. So maybe knock that equivalent down to about 175 hits and just rely on the damage cap to keep her from breezing through.

Mine is R5 5*, 20sig.

Still love her, but would like to not have to wait for Aegon to make Abyss practical.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,827 ★★★★★
    Most that voted no probably haven’t played with her yet since shes relatively new, i still think kabam should read the comments on not just this thread but other threads as well, I’ve seen a lot of people say the same stuff mentioned here on other places i can reference.

Any chance @ at all this? @Kabam Miike