**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Six Star Suggestion - Ensuring the Game's Future Safety

The reaction to the release of six stars has been deafening. People are screaming on all sides. I have a mixed reaction, and it contains two points that lead to my solution, so don't jump on the first one alone. Let me explain what I mean. I'll keep it as brief as I can.

Awhile back, I had created a second account. I quit after a week. Why? It was boring. I got a four star after three crystals, which is actually pretty common nowadays. Awesome, right? Wrong. I was still in Act One. There is nothing fun about beating down one stars with four stars. Kabam made three and four stars more common when five stars were released. That can't happen. Their explanation was that the finish line was now harder to achieve, so you need better champions. This is true, but not to start. This game is not your run-of-the-mill "Flappy Bird" game where all you do is mindlessly tap to get the high score. You have to think. You have to use strategy. If you're restricted to fights that you win in four hits, the game takes no strategy, and Kabam loses their target audience.

Now six stars are coming out. The problem will be exacerbated. You'll get three stars like two stars, and four stars like three stars. This will undermine the challenging nature of the game even further. My point is that, while a further goal needs to be set in order for the game to survive, making all the goals before it easier to achieve is counterproductive. If Kabam is going to release six stars, that's okay, but making all the other stars more available could be extremely harmful to the stream of new players that are always trickling in.

All of that is point one. It's been mentioned by many users before, including myself. This isn't just a duplicate thread on that idea. Hear me out.

My second point is that this new feature doesn't only hurt new players will to continue, but it hurts veterans as well. Now, I'm not a veteran by any means. I'm not here to brag on my awesome profile with awesome champions and awesome awesomeness all over. But I've seen many users that ARE veterans say similar things to what I'm about to say: Why would we spend our time and money for six stars if seven stars will replace them in a year?

It's a valid question. When five stars came out, they were extremely rare, and people had to spend lots of time and money to get them. Now, we can get half of one for free every few months. Was the time and money we spent early on really worth it? Why would we spend our money on things that will be virtually free next year? And why would we spend our money on things that will be worthless next year?

Let me rephrase that.

How will Kabam make a profit off of stuff that will be free and useless in the future?

Many people are noticing this trend. If their stuff will be worth nothing soon, they won't give Kabam money for it. We can just wait and spend the same amount for better stuff. By devaluing what we've already worked for, Kabam shows us that they'll devalue anything else we work for. They're taking the value out of their own product, but they keep trying to sell it.

Now for my solution.

People are all ticked off that the five stars they worked so hard to upgrade will be worthless when the new content comes out that is only beatable with six stars. So, instead of making six stars the new five stars, how about they become the upgraded version of five stars? This will be a huge change in how the system works, and I'll walk you through it.

Uncollected Crystals of all types are drastically shifting the game, right? There's an Uncollected version of Free, Daily, Arena, and even Premium Hero Crystals. Why not have an Uncollected version of Three, Four, Five, and the incoming Six Star Crystals? Instead of giving a random champion, these crystals contain all of the champion on your roster of the lower tier. (If it's a 3* crystal, it contains all of your 2* roster). Whatever champ you land on goes up to the next star tier as an unduplicated, Rank 1, Level 1 champion. How this affects six stars is obvious.

People are mad that their hard-earned five stars will be worthless in the upcoming six star content, right? With the Uncollected version of these 6* crystals, they can keep their 5*s in use. They could get a random six star, or tier up a random five star. This crystal would be optional, of course. It wouldn't replace the current Star-specific crystals, but would be another option for the same price. It would only be for the Uncollected users, but we could all eventually get there. This idea ensures that champions will be kept in use, and veteran players won't give up on trying to earn the new highest tier that will soon be replaced, because their champs can progress with them.

Simply put, that means that veterans and new players alike will keep spending money on six stars, because when seven stars come out, the champs they've collected can still be useful. They'll spend money on the eventual seven stars, because when eight stars come out, the champs they've collected can still be useful, and so on.

Let me know what you think!

Comments

• HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
    Great idea. I doubt it would ever happen, but I love it.
  • PhantomPhantom Posts: 228
    HeroBoltsy wrote: »
    Great idea. I doubt it would ever happen, but I love it.

Thank you. I changed the final suggestion like three time to get it just right. I think this is the best way I've had it. I just don't want five stars to die out, or any star for that matter. If I could get my 2 star Magik to 3, 4, 5, and eventually 6 star, I'd be happy. But the sheer amount of time and luck it'd take maintains a balance in the game. Plus, they could just say it was another "tweak to the rules by the Grandmaster". Making all the stars useful again will bring a new dynamic into the game that would definitely make my activity rate skyrocket. All the added stars would be hoped for instead of dreaded if we could bump our best people up with it.
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Interesting idea and it does sound good but one thing. Say someone has a 5* 4/55 magik. If they open this new type of crystal and get magik to be a rank 1 6*, what happens to the rank up materials that have been used to get to 4/55. Or would the 6* come out at an equivalent level to what the 5* was? I do like the idea but unless something was in place for that you could risk losing your top champ(s) temporarily and have to work back up to the level they had already been at. And if this idea was optional and you could still collect 6* shards to get them that way, I'm not sure people would be willing to take that risk. Especially since they'd lose their sig too if awakened. Then again at the same time, if they did just go up a Star and remained at a similar level of strength, people would be getting 6*s much more easily. Good idea but I'm not sure it would work. Also maybe make it 6* exclusive so our rosters of lower star champions aren't lost. I would imagaine a lot of players already have the same champ at more than one star rating.
    Interesting idea and it does sound good but one thing. Say someone has a 5* 4/55 magik. If they open this new type of crystal and get magik to be a rank 1 6*, what happens to the rank up materials that have been used to get to 4/55. Or would the 6* come out at an equivalent level to what the 5* was? I do like the idea but unless something was in place for that you could risk losing your top champ(s) temporarily and have to work back up to the level they had already been at. And if this idea was optional and you could still collect 6* shards to get them that way, I'm not sure people would be willing to take that risk. Especially since they'd lose their sig too if awakened. Then again at the same time, if they did just go up a Star and remained at a similar level of strength, people would be getting 6*s much more easily. Good idea but I'm not sure it would work. Also maybe make it 6* exclusive so our rosters of lower star champions aren't lost. I would imagaine a lot of players already have the same champ at more than one star rating.

I understand what you're saying. I did mention that, if your champion was duplicated, you would receive an Awakening Gem Crystal for whatever star they were at. Maybe this could be the same with the rank up materials. Either way, with the progression of the game, your Magik would eventually be put out of use anyway, so I think the risk wouldn't compare with the reward.

And to the idea that it could be exclusive to six stars alone, I had this thought. The way I described it was that, to get six stars and up, you could use the Uncollected version I described. But I erased it and made it for all stars because, well, why not? It'd make having low-tier champs more rewarding. Plus, you could get the champ again from another crystal anyway.
    @MegaSkater67, think that this would work? ^^^
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    It's definitely an idea. I can see you put some thought into it. I don't necessarily agree that 6*'s will make them worthless. My assumption is that the interaction of 5*'s and 6*'s will be the same as the interaction of 4*'s and 5*'s, based on the current way that CR works. Also, 6*'s won't be as common as 5*'s are for quite some time. The changes will come gradually, and will most likely be in a way that we can work with what we already have. The introduction of 6*'s will most likely be in Act 5, and it will be doable with 5*s that are currently in the game. My thoughts are that it will most likely be Bosses. I have little to base that on, except logic. I think it's a good idea. I'm just not sure it's feasible. 6*'s are undoubtedly being introduced. To add a new Tier of 5*'s will impede the process of building on existing Rosters and working towards 6*'s. That's the progression of the game. We saw it with the introduction of 5*'s, and my theory is that it won't be far off from that. I think people are looking too far ahead and perhaps overreacting to say that the work done on 5*'s is for nothing. Good thoughts put into this, though. :)
  • Lo4eathLo4eath Posts: 309
    care for a TL;DR version ? :)
    It's definitely an idea. I can see you put some thought into it. I don't necessarily agree that 6*'s will make them worthless. My assumption is that the interaction of 5*'s and 6*'s will be the same as the interaction of 4*'s and 5*'s, based on the current way that CR works. Also, 6*'s won't be as common as 5*'s are for quite some time. The changes will come gradually, and will most likely be in a way that we can work with what we already have. The introduction of 6*'s will most likely be in Act 5, and it will be doable with 5*s that are currently in the game. My thoughts are that it will most likely be Bosses. I have little to base that on, except logic. I think it's a good idea. I'm just not sure it's feasible. 6*'s are undoubtedly being introduced. To add a new Tier of 5*'s will impede the process of building on existing Rosters and working towards 6*'s. That's the progression of the game. We saw it with the introduction of 5*'s, and my theory is that it won't be far off from that. I think people are looking too far ahead and perhaps overreacting to say that the work done on 5*'s is for nothing. Good thoughts put into this, though. :)

All I'm saying is that the higher-tier players that have spent money for their five stars' progression are ticked off that they'll have to do it all again for six stars, seven stars, and however many stars this game goes on for. They won't spend forever. This would motivate them to continue spending since the rewards are still maintained from previous purchases on 5* Signature Stones and such.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Phantom wrote: »

All I'm saying is that the higher-tier players that have spent money for their five stars' progression are ticked off that they'll have to do it all again for six stars, seven stars, and however many stars this game goes on for. They won't spend forever. This would motivate them to continue spending since the rewards are still maintained from previous purchases on 5* Signature Stones and such.

No, I hear what you're saying. It's just that the game is built and sustained on adding new Levels. In MMOs, they rarely ever have a ceiling that never changes. At least not the ones that survive. There's really no such thing as achieving a status that remains unchanged. Otherwise the game dies either way because it becomes a plateau and people grow bored because they can't offer any more challenging content.
  • VavasourVavasour Posts: 258
    It's a good suggestion.

Kabam, listen to the community that loves the product you built.
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★

I see where you're coming from about having it for all tiers of champs, but personally I would rather keep it to 6*s only if it was to happen for a couple of reasons. You'd lose the opportunity to gain max sig crystals from sig 99 2,3 an 4*s. It would negatively impact your base hero rating if you only had 1 version of each champion and it would also change the the entire game structure. I'd rather keep the game as it is for 1-5* champs and be open to new ideas for 6*s such as your own in the original post. Either way, the transition from 5* to 6* is going to a very long and slow one, like it was with 4* to 5*. I also think 4*s will be relevant for a very long time,

I see where you're coming from about having it for all tiers of champs, but personally I would rather keep it to 6*s only if it was to happen for a couple of reasons. You'd lose the opportunity to gain max sig crystals from sig 99 2,3 an 4*s. It would negatively impact your base hero rating if you only had 1 version of each champion and it would also change the the entire game structure. I'd rather keep the game as it is for 1-5* champs and be open to new ideas for 6*s such as your own in the original post. Either way, the transition from 5* to 6* is going to a very long and slow one, like it was with 4* to 5*. I also think 4*s will be relevant for a very long time,

But again, it's a choice. If you wouldn't want to give up your max Sig levels, that's up to you, but many would because they don't use their 2/3 stars anyway.

No, I hear what you're saying. It's just that the game is built and sustained on adding new Levels. In MMOs, they rarely ever have a ceiling that never changes. At least not the ones that survive. There's really no such thing as achieving a status that remains unchanged. Otherwise the game dies either way because it becomes a plateau and people grow bored because they can't offer any more challenging content.

Okay. Just making sure I was explaining it well.
    Vavasour wrote: »
    It's a good suggestion.

Kabam, listen to the community that loves the product you built.

Thanks. I do think that this would be great for most of us.
  • Phantom wrote: »
    The reaction to the release of six stars has been deafening. People are screaming on all sides. I have a mixed reaction, and it contains two points that lead to my solution, so don't jump on the first one alone. Let me explain what I mean. I'll keep it as brief as I can.

Awhile back, I had created a second account. I quit after a week. Why? It was boring. I got a four star after three crystals, which is actually pretty common nowadays. Awesome, right? Wrong. I was still in Act One. There is nothing fun about beating down one stars with four stars. Kabam made three and four stars more common when five stars were released. That can't happen. Their explanation was that the finish line was now harder to achieve, so you need better champions. This is true, but not to start. This game is not your run-of-the-mill "Flappy Bird" game where all you do is mindlessly tap to get the high score. You have to think. You have to use strategy. If you're restricted to fights that you win in four hits, the game takes no strategy, and Kabam loses their target audience.

Now six stars are coming out. The problem will be exacerbated. You'll get three stars like two stars, and four stars like three stars. This will undermine the challenging nature of the game even further. My point is that, while a further goal needs to be set in order for the game to survive, making all the goals before it easier to achieve is counterproductive. If Kabam is going to release six stars, that's okay, but making all the other stars more available could be extremely harmful to the stream of new players that are always trickling in.

All of that is point one. It's been mentioned by many users before, including myself. This isn't just a duplicate thread on that idea. Hear me out.

My second point is that this new feature doesn't only hurt new players will to continue, but it hurts veterans as well. Now, I'm not a veteran by any means. I'm not here to brag on my awesome profile with awesome champions and awesome awesomeness all over. But I've seen many users that ARE veterans say similar things to what I'm about to say: Why would we spend our time and money for six stars if seven stars will replace them in a year?

It's a valid question. When five stars came out, they were extremely rare, and people had to spend lots of time and money to get them. Now, we can get half of one for free every few months. Was the time and money we spent early on really worth it? Why would we spend our money on things that will be virtually free next year? And why would we spend our money on things that will be worthless next year?

Let me rephrase that.

How will Kabam make a profit off of stuff that will be free and useless in the future?

Many people are noticing this trend. If their stuff will be worth nothing soon, they won't give Kabam money for it. We can just wait and spend the same amount for better stuff. By devaluing what we've already worked for, Kabam shows us that they'll devalue anything else we work for. They're taking the value out of their own product, but they keep trying to sell it.

Now for my solution.

People are all ticked off that the five stars they worked so hard to upgrade will be worthless when the new content comes out that is only beatable with six stars. So, instead of making six stars the new five stars, how about they become the upgraded version of five stars? This will be a huge change in how the system works, and I'll walk you through it.

Uncollected Crystals of all types are drastically shifting the game, right? There's an Uncollected version of Free, Daily, Arena, and even Premium Hero Crystals. Why not have an Uncollected version of Three, Four, Five, and the incoming Six Star Crystals? Instead of giving a random champion, these crystals contain all of the champion on your roster of the lower tier. (If it's a 3* crystal, it contains all of your 2* roster). Whatever champ you land on goes up to the next star tier as an unduplicated, Rank 1, Level 1 champion. How this affects six stars is obvious.

People are mad that their hard-earned five stars will be worthless in the upcoming six star content, right? With the Uncollected version of these 6* crystals, they can keep their 5*s in use. They could get a random six star, or tier up a random five star. This crystal would be optional, of course. It wouldn't replace the current Star-specific crystals, but would be another option for the same price. It would only be for the Uncollected users, but we could all eventually get there. This idea ensures that champions will be kept in use, and veteran players won't give up on trying to earn the new highest tier that will soon be replaced, because their champs can progress with them.

Simply put, that means that veterans and new players alike will keep spending money on six stars, because when seven stars come out, the champs they've collected can still be useful. They'll spend money on the eventual seven stars, because when eight stars come out, the champs they've collected can still be useful, and so on.

I started reading this and like some of ur points, then realized it was like 20 pages long and zoned out.

Let me rephrase that.

Now for my solution.

I started reading this and like some of ur points, then realized it was like 20 pages long and zoned out.

But you decided to post anyway?
    Also, is everyone enjoying their day off?
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    I read through it and in my opinion it just doesn't fit well within the game. If I understand right, this crystal would "upgrade" my 5* magik to a 6* one if I pull her. If I want a 6* magik, I don't want to lose my 5* magik sig levels to get one. If all the sig levels/awakened status transfers as well, it's just too much power in one crystal. This crystal can't be common cause it will break the game. If someone upgrades their 5* duped SL to 6* duped SL then they are miles ahead the next guy who does so with colossus. With all the time it takes to get 6* shards, it would be a long while before the colossus guy can catch up, all through the luck of 1 mega-crystal. Either way, I think the majority of people are overreacting of the impact 6*s will really make in the game.
    I read through it and in my opinion it just doesn't fit well within the game. If I understand right, this crystal would "upgrade" my 5* magik to a 6* one if I pull her. If I want a 6* magik, I don't want to lose my 5* magik sig levels to get one. If all the sig levels/awakened status transfers as well, it's just too much power in one crystal. This crystal can't be common cause it will break the game. If someone upgrades their 5* duped SL to 6* duped SL then they are miles ahead the next guy who does so with colossus. With all the time it takes to get 6* shards, it would be a long while before the colossus guy can catch up, all through the luck of 1 mega-crystal. Either way, I think the majority of people are overreacting of the impact 6*s will really make in the game.

I see what you mean. You're saying that you wouldn't want to undo all the work you put into your 5* Magik for a 6* Magik with no progress, right?

Two responses.

1) This crystal would only be worth purchasing once users reach the point that 5 stars are no longer effective. If you reach the future Act 6 or something, your 5 stars are no longer up to the task. But if you really like how your 5 star plays, you could try and bump them up to 6 star. If Magik is your favorite champ, but her 5 star variant isn't strong enough to use in the higher content, you could try to reset her progress but put her at a level that she's effective at.

2) This crystal would be OPTIONAL. You don't have to buy it if you don't think it's worth it. You're arguing that you don't think it's worth it, not that it won't work. The implementation of this idea would please me, and have no effect on you. You wouldn't be forced to buy it, so it wouldn't hurt you at all. It'd help some and have no effect on others. There's no negatives to it.

The rest of your argument was something I rejected in the OP. You said it wouldn't be worth it to undo all the work you did on your 5 star for a new 6 star, which I explained in the previous statements. The rest of your post said that if it DIDN'T undo the work, it would be far too overpowered of a crystal. This is entirely correct, which is why I didn't use the idea. I think I've covered everything you said.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★

2) This crystal would be OPTIONAL. You don't have to buy it if you don't think it's worth it. You're arguing that you don't think it's worth it, not that it won't work. The implementation of this idea would please me, and have no effect on you. You wouldn't be forced to buy it, so it wouldn't hurt you at all. It'd help some and have no effect on others. There's no negatives to it.

"Optional" doesn't work in this game lol especially high tier choices. If there is a way to get 6*s quicker than others then u better bet every high tier player should be striving for that to stay relevant. That's like saying 6*s are "optional" and you don't have to buy their crystal if u don't like them. Everything you do in this game is "optional" when you put it like that lol. It's an interesting idea but doesn't fit in this game IMO good luck with it.

"Optional" doesn't work in this game lol especially high tier choices. If there is a way to get 6*s quicker than others then u better bet every high tier player should be striving for that to stay relevant. That's like saying 6*s are "optional" and you don't have to buy their crystal if u don't like them. Everything you do in this game is "optional" when you put it like that lol. It's an interesting idea but doesn't fit in this game IMO good luck with it.

There's two crystals for six stars in my idea. Yes, there's multiple options.
    @Hulksmasshh, I think you're misunderstanding me. I'm saying that there would be the normal 3, 4, 5, and 6 star crystals that we know now. My idea would bring in alternative crystals for the Uncollected folks. There would be 2 crystals at that point, and you would choose which one to purchase.
This discussion has been closed.