**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Ghost or Darkhawk to rank 5?

TheTrueBeastTheTrueBeast Posts: 255 ★★★
Recently got a tech rank 5 gem and not sure who to use it on. Normally I would guess ranking up ghost, but I dont have a 5* wasp or a hood, so I pretty much would just be using her without the synergies. On the otherhand, I have Darkhawk as well as an unduped nighttrasher for the synergy. I can get both up to ~80 dig level and both are duped.

Ghost or Darkhawk to rank 5? 78 votes

Rank up duped Ghost with just Antman as a 5*
88%
danielmathDrZolaLeNoirFaineantZENAzKicker316ForwardGNASTYJim0172ArydhdhLvernon15AceLuffySaboGluteusMaximusHendrossCassyOnmixWorknprogressStrsimolazDrDeadpoolTKS87 69 votes
Rank up duped Darkhawk with unduped 5* Nightrasher
11%
Spity68BluestoneSamspade23OGAvengerKRANꓘPyrdaSpideyFunkoSuperiorSymbioteAtharvaa_7 9 votes

Comments

• Options
    Sparx265Sparx265 Posts: 268
    No question, ghost.
  • Options
    StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    Ghost and any * hood will clear nearly all content. She is awesome as is and doesn't really need a synergy team. Wasp makes her easier to play and hood gives her a tonne of utility, but as you are only going to use ghost and not the others (if you can play well) it doesn't matter what star or rank they are as long as they have the synergy.

She won't take chip damage as you wont need to block so she is a really decent sustainable champ. Although if you are like me, you may occasionally punched in the phases from time to time; with more practise it rarely happens.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,366 ★★★★★
    Well, it does matter if you want to use the champ in Act 6 and you don't have Hood, or Wasp at 5*/6*, what with the gating system.

If that's your aim, then DH is certainly worth consideration. He's a great champ; useful abilities and solid damage with a waaaaay lower skill requirement than Ghost; which can make him a lot more fun to play. If fun is any kind of consideration... And if you get by on revives and units rather than skill, DH looks more and more appealing. It's just that Ghost is pretty much the best champ, all round. If you're pretty skilled, and thinking anything other than Act 6, etc, then Ghost.

I mean I love Darkhawk as a champ as much as anyone; but purely on paper (looking at what they can get done), the only Tech champ I'd take up over Ghost would be Warlock. Who's awesome and insane fun!

• Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    @Magrailothos basically stated everything I was going to say
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Even without her main synergies she’s just better
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,625 ★★★★★
    Who is voting for dark hawk
  • Options
    Denzel116Denzel116 Posts: 537 ★★★
    Darkhawk unduped is not going to be the roster impact you’d want to see.

Darkhawk fully maxed and ranked.....God tier. Proven work horse and comes in handy.

If you have the patience, build up your stash and just invest in ghost right now. Once you can upgrade darkhawk.
  • Options
    DevilMayCryDevilMayCry Posts: 77
    I could not use ghost for a long time without wasp. But while doing variant 1 chapter 2 I get accustomed to it. It is difficult but once you mastered it you can land those sp2 without wasp.

Also it is only act 6 where you will miss wasp and hood. In AW AQ you can still use your 4 star.
  • Options
    Elohim16Elohim16 Posts: 65
    Synergies are somewhat overrated anyway.
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    Elohim16 said:

Synergies are somewhat overrated anyway.

ghost with wasp is so much better tho. I don't think you've ever tried it, have you?
  • Options
    H_I_ZH_I_Z Posts: 496 ★★
    It's a bit of a skill thing, if you can play ghost, then no questions. Otherwise darkahwk is not a bad option
  • Options
    QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    My ghost is sat at r4 Sig 140 odd and I can't play her without wasp and currently don't have anything above a 4* so she'll be staying at r4 till I can get a 5/6* wasp.