**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Top champions from each class

TP33TP33 Posts: 1,643 ★★★★
I thought I’d compile a list of the top champions of each class, 2 things before we start:
1: this is NOT an ordered list as such, the people ive put as number 5 might well be as good as number 1, this is a list based on multiple factors, damage, utility and play style.
2: this is NOT set in stone, it is susceptible to change and different opinions are also valid

This is mainly to help with rank up decisions, who is good and why. Next to each champion will be the content that they’re good in and a score from 1-5 based on the content

Skill:
Nick fury- lots of damage and utility, I don’t really have to explain this- everything (almost) 4.5/5
Ægon- mental damage in the right content- ROL, LOL, AOL, later Act 6 5/5
Blade- solid champion in all respects- does rely on synergies, Act 5, early act 6, monthly EQ, variant 4/5
Korg- defensive beast not great offense- AW Defense 5/5
Killmonger- solid on defense and offense, void and sabretooth synergy recommended- Act 5/6 monthly EQ, variant 4/5
Squirrel girl- great offensive champion- Act 5/early Act 6, variant, monthly EQ 4/5 (i don’t have her so feel free to correct me here)

Mutant
Domino- damage, AAR and utility, top champ- pretty much evertything other than AOL 5/5
Omega Red- damage (mainly dps) and utility, great with suicides- pretty much everything other than LOL+AOL 5/5
havok- raw special attack DAMAGE (utility as well)- everything other than LOL+AOL 5/5
Collosus- good damage lots of utility- everything (shines in act 6) other than AOL 5/5
Archangel- raw dps damage+utility- everything other than AOL+LOL (good in variant 2) 4.5/5

Honourable mention: Psylock- super underrated, great power control champion, can fully power lock opponents permanently.

(Storm Pryramid X not on here because it’s too early to really tell)

Tech
Ghost- damage and utility (don’t really need to explain)- everything other than AOL 5/5
Guillotine 2099- build up damage, utility, immunities- Act 6, AQ map 6/7, LOL+AOL (don’t know why less people use her in AOL) 5/5
Sentinel- utility, good damage as well, good defense capabilities- Act 5/early 6, AW defense, Variant 2+3 (best option) 4.5/5
IMIW- defense, lots of defense kills, need to pay attention when fighting him- AW defence 4/5
I’m missing one here, I can’t quite remember who, any guesses

Cosmic
Corvus Glaive- BIG YELLOW NUMBERS- Act 5/6, monthly EQ and variants 5/6
Hyperion- damage and utility rolled into one, sprinkle in some defensive capabilities and you’ve got a top champion- Act 5/6, variants, monthly EQ 5/5
Medusa- good damage, great against pesky robots- Act 5 (best option for ultron), early Act 6, variant 1 4.5/5
Anihullus- defensive PAIN, incursion cheese- AW defense and incursions 5/5
Cap Marvel Movie- good damage, great utility, synergy with Nick Fury, another great champion- everything other than LOL+AOL
Venom- good damage and utility- EQ and act 5/6, also some AQ 4/5

Mystic
BWCV- truckload of utility and some damage along the way- Act 5/6 variants 4, 1 and 2, EQ 5/5
Dr doom- power controlling god, also damage and low block damage- Everything (almost) 5/5
Symbiote Supreme- damage, nullify and stagger, what more could you want? Everything, even some AOL 5/5
Dr voodoo- power control, dps and regen- Act 5/6 and AQ 4.5/5
Mojo+longshot (in order to shorten the list, many abilities are similar anyways) converting buffs into tons of damage, why not? Act 5/6 mojo is great for Variant 2 4.5/5
Morningstar- very solid damage and utility, also some defensive capabilities- Act 5/6, variant 2, EQ and AW defense 4.5/5

Science
Quake- clears 95% of the game, weaknesses in true strike and you HAVE to learn how to play her well, very hard to play as well- literally everything 4/5 (not the best damage output but utility EVERYWHERE)
Cap IW- 0% block damage, easy to play, lots of damage and utility. Everything other than AOL, 5/5
Thing- defensive tank and offensive powerhouse, all round good champion with champion synergy- Act 5/6 variant 1,2 and 4, EQ and AW defense 4.5/5
Human torch- mental dos damage, incinerate and COLDSNAP immune. Act 5/6 AOL, LOL 5/5
Void- utility and damage, annoying on defense- Act 5/6 5/5
Ghulk- not great damage but near infinite utility, defensive god- Act 5/6 variants 1, 2, 4 AW defense, 4/5

Feel free to disagree and correct me below

Sorcerer supreme, storm Pyramid X, red guardian and BW deadly origin might well deserve places on this list but it’s too early to tell at the moment

Comments

• Options
    jgrazjgraz Posts: 82
    Starky
    Luke Cage
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    warlock.
    havok over sunspot? Questionable
  • Options
    FeroX_the_fat_heringFeroX_the_fat_hering Posts: 311 ★★
    edited April 2020
    I don’t think any champion is underrated, just over shadowed.

I like Psylocke too (only the white queen has a better wardrobe) but in the mutant class there are so many better options than her. She is mid tier, which is fine. Mid tiers are great too, like symbiote spidey or hawkeye. Awesome champs but not in the top 3 or even top 6 in their class.

But they could be #1 for someone. I ranked up Killmonger over Blade for example.
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    edited April 2020
    Sunspot and warlock
    Also, I wouldn't include defensive champs. I'm assuming this is centered for less experienced players, so aw will be less of a priority, and they might get confused and rank a defensive champ to clear content
  • Options
    Tune21_Tune21_ Posts: 1
    Gwenpool for skill also. Not the highest damage but great for so much. If she's awakened she can't be killed by a special attack. So if you're good at intercepting and not getting hit, you can yet through a lot with her
  • Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    How is Ghulk a "defensive god"? I'm not sure I've seen one on defense for a few seasons. What am I missing?
  • Options
    jgrazjgraz Posts: 82
    VTD is a beast too.
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

How is Ghulk a "defensive god"? I'm not sure I've seen one on defense for a few seasons. What am I missing?

In lower tiers, his smash could be annoying
  • Options
    TP33TP33 Posts: 1,643 ★★★★

Sunspot and warlock
    Also, I wouldn't include defensive champs. I'm assuming this is centered for less experienced players, so aw will be less of a priority, and they might get confused and rank a defensive champ to clear content

Yea forgot those two, both beasts at all content