**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Idea For Improvement Of Monotonous Arena

For those of us in higher end alliances, Arena is a prerequisite for advancement in the game.

Unfortunately, and I speak on behalf of thousands of players here, I'm sure, the monotony of playing MCOC's arena is its big detractor. It isn't challenging, and the best term I can conjure up to describe it is mind-numbing.

It can be infinitely better than it is, but doesn't have to take away from the income it gets Kabam.

In an effort to make Kabam aware of the monotony we're put through out of necessity to enjoy and advance within their game, I've this proposal for Arenas to improve them all:

- Mastery Teams. Or a title of the likes.

My idea is to add tiers of incremental point rewards, Mastery Teams being the 3rd and highest tier. For clarification, I've created this image:

625glh93pkxi.jpg

In this instance, the 3rd and final battle option is the Mastery Team. The mastery team is Mystic Dispersion.

The idea is that the 3 opponents in the Mastery Team's Mystic Dispersion lineup would all be Mystic Champs with Level 5 Mystic Dispersion, and at least a 5/50, 4 Star Champ at Maximum Signature Level.

Here's another image to display the concept of incremental point rewards as I mentioned before:

1vel4tfdoif6.jpg

A 3x, 3.5x, and a 4x multiplier.

Why the idea is good for everyone, in my opinion:

Every incremental tier would come with the corresponding risk of losing your streak as the difficulty of each tier increases. High risk, high reward. That alone creates an Arena setup that'd bring some excitement, require skill, pit players against their nemesis with the benefit of that nemesis being as tough as possible. It's all-and-all a far more entertaining, interesting Arena.

It also brings an element of understanding to new players and/or players unfamiliar with the functions and use of Mastery setups.

Another option similar (or one that could be added to my concept) is synergy teams. A crit team, for example.

Looking forward to seeing what folks think.

Thanks.

Comments

• InvisibleInvisible Posts: 113
    edited September 2017
    That is an awesome idea. But then again sooner or later newer players will keep asking to remove it cuz they accidentally tapped it and lost streak.

like how some newer players were asking to remove the auto fight tab because how they accidentally press it middle of a fight.
  • McOBGMcOBG Posts: 47
    Hey, if we can't learn from our mistakes, how can we learn? This is better for MCOC's devout players. Presumably they've added 6 star champs to keep their long time players involved and avoid losing them, but this makes it easier for Kabam to keep their spenders and devotees from a different angle.
  • Stara99Stara99 Posts: 423 ★★
    edited September 2017
    qgcost0ry4pn.png
    I agree because arena is just repetitive. Does anyone actually lose a streak anymore?
  • TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    Stara99 wrote: »
    I agree because arena is just repetitive. Does anyone actually lose a streak anymore?

I do when I get so bored that I sleep in the middle of a fight
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 995 ★★★
    One thing they should definitely do is make the hardest option harder. The last option should have same or higher PI than your current team and should have at least the same or higher rank/level of the highest champ in your team. I want challenging arena that awards more points.
  • oPaylowooPaylowo Posts: 18
    This is a great idea! Once you get to 100 streak you only get one easy option or something. Like the second and third fight both have some buff (stun immune and md for example)
  • They should just get rid of the idea & possibility of a streak. There should be no infinite streak at all. The more matches you fight the harder it gets. That would put an end to the arena grinds and super high cut offs. You want "skill" to return to the game and arena gets boring and monotonous? Take away the streak thresholds and it becomes more skill based (can I beat this 35000 pts death squad?). You want to have lower cutoffs (no more 18mil point grinds just by spending units & time). Then get rid of the streak in basic & featured
    Get rid of it in the T4b too. No one who plays it gives up if they can't get. T4b. Either you get it in 27 matches or get it in 60, all the streak threshold there does is provide an annoyance and a time waste
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    My problem with the arena is also the milestone rewards are incredibly boring. There has got to be something else we can add to them. Maybe uncollected shards for the uncollected or something?
  • McOBGMcOBG Posts: 47
    gohard123 wrote: »
    One thing they should definitely do is make the hardest option harder. The last option should have same or higher PI than your current team and should have at least the same or higher rank/level of the highest champ in your team. I want challenging arena that awards more points.

Yeah, something like that sounds pretty much perfect. I just added my mastery concept as an example.