**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Android Service/Servers Need A Serious Upgrade

Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 929 ★★★★
Dude this is so agonizing, I am fighting the Grandmaster and he hits me here and there with his sp1, but I swiped back, its as if the game isn't responding to me. This isn't a new issue, but in a fight like this, it makes it that much more frustrating when I clearly responded in time to dash and my guy stands still and takes a face full. Recently as well, in arenas, my champions will do something completely different than what I was controlling them to do.
Examples: Swiped screen to dash at opponent, champion does a heavy.
:Just tapping the screen for light attacks and champion does a heavy.
:And as I've already said, attempting to dash back and champion decides he's gunna delay that action.
I hear iOS works pretty smoothly but it would be nice for android to receive the same love.

Comments

• Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,150 ★★★★
    What phone do you have?
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    depends on the phone
  • Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 929 ★★★★
    I am using the LG V40
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★

I am using the LG V40

maybe that explains it.
    Unfortunately, lower end android phones don't cut it for this game. Especially ones from 2018. You're going to need more power and maybe better internet. It's not the servers fault
  • incognerdo77incognerdo77 Posts: 50
    i have a samsung s20 ultra (a phone that has only been out for about a month and a half) and i have the same problems as the OP. most notably the random heavy attack while i'm trying to combo.
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,150 ★★★★

i have a samsung s20 ultra (a phone that has only been out for about a month and a half) and i have the same problems as the OP. most notably the random heavy attack while i'm trying to combo.

I have the same phone and have experienced no issues at all.
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    I was having the unintended heavies until I switched my Galaxy S20 screen refresh from 120hz to 60hz. This started 2 updates ago--it was fine before.
  • LordRaymond3LordRaymond3 Posts: 394 ★★★
    I have a Galaxy s10 and it works perfectly for me. Loading screens are only about 2 seconds long and no lag on champs like Aarkus or Mysterio
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    My combos have been off lately. I try to do a mlllm and there's a random medium or heavy in the middle of the combo. The medium is tolerable, but they heavy makes me get comboed to death
  • _RĘÇKLĘŞŞ__RĘÇKLĘŞŞ_ Posts: 38
    S10+ here and have the same kind of issues. The ones that really get me are fail to dash back and last M hit of combo not registering just before you pop special, so it ends up hitting into thier block and you get smacked afterwards
    edited April 2020

S10+ here and have the same kind of issues. The ones that really get me are fail to dash back and last M hit of combo not registering just before you pop special, so it ends up hitting into thier block and you get smacked afterwards

Thats another one I forgot about, and it is quite annoying as well man
    edited April 2020
    And what service provider do some of you guys have too? I have Verizon, and I really dont have an issue with any other app or anything, just seems something is off with my game and it can be aggravating
  • _RĘÇKLĘŞŞ__RĘÇKLĘŞŞ_ Posts: 38
    With ATT but usually playing on wifi at home. And yeah "something is off" pretty much sums up how it's felt the past weeks

I am using the LG V40

maybe that explains it.
    Unfortunately, lower end android phones don't cut it for this game. Especially ones from 2018. You're going to need more power and maybe better internet. It's not the servers fault
    I was using a LG V20 just under a year ago (at the time I upgraded a 2 year old phone) and it didn't seem like the issues I'm having then are nearly as bad as now, I also wasnt doing endgame content either so who knows lol it just would be nice for the gameplay to be smooth
    @""_RĘÇKLĘŞŞ_" and thats the thing that makes me think its something with the servers or such, no matter if im on Wi-Fi or not its all the same
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,979 ★★★★★

I am using the LG V40

maybe that explains it.
    LG V40 isn't a low end phone. I used one for almost 2 years before upgrading to a V60. I never had issues with input or graphics. It has plenty of power. Even has adjustable graphics which might be the issue.

I am using the LG V40

maybe that explains it.
    I was using a LG V20 just under a year ago (at the time I upgraded a 2 year old phone) and it didn't seem like the issues I'm having then are nearly as bad as now, I also wasnt doing endgame content either so who knows lol it just would be nice for the gameplay to be smooth
    How long have you had the V40?
    So not sure how much you know about the V40 and how long you've had it but something similar happened to me when I got it. I didn't know much about the adjustable graphics settings and I had several issues connecting hits with the game. On the V40 the graphics need to be turned to high. You can do it through a couple places. In settings, find the gaming settings and turn them up there-

Or if you have the game open you can do this-
    https://youtu.be/PgrjgIfBV7c
  • sanbalsanbal Posts: 46
    Myself too experiencing this issue. These days game hangs a lot. Our champs are fighting without our control.

My champ: yondu
    Opponent : bishop
    Issue: I ended my attack with MLL combo and trying to dash back... But Yondu firing a heavy. (Don't say device issue. I use my left thumb for dash back and parry, right thumb for attacks including heavy. When this happens I am using my left thumb for dashing back and right thumb is not even touching the screen. But how the heavy happens?)
    Where: incursions(just few mins back)

Note: i have experienced this in multiple times in areans and quests in the recent days.
    Recent days updates and graphics made this game unresponsive randomly and frequently.

So not sure how much you know about the V40 and how long you've had it but something similar happened to me when I got it. I didn't know much about the adjustable graphics settings and I had several issues connecting hits with the game. On the V40 the graphics need to be turned to high. You can do it through a couple places. In settings, find the gaming settings and turn them up there-

Or if you have the game open you can do this-
    https://youtu.be/PgrjgIfBV7c

Had it for about 8/9 months now, and I actually do know about this. Not at first though. The 1st 2 months of having this phone was tough to play to the game, I almost like had to relearn it cause everything was so blocky and delayed, I accidently found this and it helped. But still seems to be issues within the game. Thanks though
  • Hey guys, there are many devices capable of running the game and there are many factors which can cause issues like these to occur. Regardless of what you may think, performance or control issues are not limited to Android devices.

If you haven't already, I recommend trying the troubleshooting steps below.

- Android Troubleshooting
    - iOS Troubleshooting

We're always reviewing any reports we receive and working to develop and implement improvements on our end to help make the game run as smoothly as possible on as many devices as possible. To help us keep track of everyone's feedback about performance issues, we created the dedicated threads below.

- iOS Lag and Performance Issues Thread
    - Android Lag and Performance Issues Thread

Please take a moment to contribute to whichever of those discussions is relevant to you by providing the details outlined in our Bug Report Template.

While it's not possible for us to acknowledge or thank each player individually for their feedback, we really do appreciate every report we receive.
This discussion has been closed.