**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

5.3 = End of the Road for Many (For Now)

2»

Comments

• Yelin547Yelin547 Posts: 238
    It's important to remember here for those complaining that you need a certain type of roster to complete it that act 4 was the same. Many people couldn't beat that content because it was difficult and you needed a good roster. Act 5 released and it will be the same way growing in difficulty. It's not the end of the road, however it may be the end of the road for your current roster. You used to have to balance out special events and act 4 based on items for many people. It's back to the days where you can't just while out content easily. This is what people wanted and when they get it there are complaints. Yea the top get richer and better... however it will always be that way. If the top can't be the top or stay top because there is no incentive why would they stay on a game like this.
  • MadMarksMadMarks Posts: 155
    Palanthrax wrote: »
    To put this in perspective, I've fully explored 5.2 (beaten Collector 6 times), ROL, RTTL, all of it - so had high hopes to beat this content.

Sadly (or happily for veterans, I guess) 5.3 has been designed specifically for long-term players with huge rosters of maxed champs. Due to the insane damage taken while blocking, R4 4*s will not cut it without considerable units spent.

You're therefore looking at needing FIVE 4* R5 (or 5* R3) champs PER CLASS, meaning 30 champs of that level evenly distributed between the 6 classes. This is a benchmark that most players, despite achievements to date, won't be able to manage. I have 9 R5s, 2 in some classes and 1 in others.

Maybe I'll try again when I have 3 of each class, but that's still a long way off considering I'm not in a top 300 alliance (so I have to wait months for T4CCs, or buy them - which I do).

If I'm going to spend the insane amount of units required to complete 5.3, I'd rather just invest in completing LOL easy path instead - the rewards are better anyway.

Some will say I'm complaining, I'm not really, I'm just disappionted that 5.3 has been designed to exclude so many. It was going so well.

While I think complaining about the content and what is required to pass it is ridiculous, I think the bigger problem for you is progression rate. You have hit the wall where you need to have a big roster in order to go farther in the game. It is quite problematic for Kabam IMO, because I would think the majority of the player base is like you. I am on the other side of this argument, I am an ex-whale (I used to spend a lot) I have a monster roster. But the rewards are terrible vs. the effort I need to put in to beat the content so I am not really thrilled to play it. I haven't even fully explored 5.2 (mainly because I refuse to spend any more). This game is actually in a very sad state right now.
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    We were told 4*s are still very useful......then 5.3 comes out and they are basically 3*s. That just proves their monetary value has plummeted. I wouldn't pay 400 units for one now.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    We were told 4*s are still very useful......then 5.3 comes out and they are basically 3*s. That just proves their monetary value has plummeted. I wouldn't pay 400 units for one now.

My 4*s were more useful than my 5*s apart from the tech map where I used SL.

Magik
    GP
    Ultron
    Even champs like HE, BP, BW still did a good job.

It isn't as bad as everyone is saying, obviously a couple tricky fights will pop up... it's one chapter off the last part... what you expecting 10 hit fights?
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Lmao your title states exactly how new, permanent content should affect the game. This content is supposed to be difficult especially to mid-level players (as you stated yourself) and be content that players like you can strive to rise-up and accomplish. Maybe if you don't have enough R5 4-star or R4 5-star, then you keep grinding away at the game until you build your roster strong enough to beat this content (it's not that hard really). Kabam making harder content is one of the bigger requests made. If you can't beat it now, you're supposed to keep building your roster until you can.
  • BoogsBoogs Posts: 17
    anybody that says they did 5.3 not using potions is an absolute liar .... yeah im sayin it . Sorry , but 1 slip up and 4/55 5* are dead by 1 combo . 5.3 is lazy programming ; high health or high attack is fine , but not both on every opponent to the rediculous level they did.
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    @Palanthrax If you have beat all of that you can beat this, you saw my thread. Try intercepting only, or using regen and bleed champs. If you can do long combos wolverine is still useful and so is x23. The fights are long so youll regen most of your health. SL and SW are also still useable for this. Brush up on those intercepting skills and watch that power bar and youll get through it.
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    Rixob wrote: »
    @Palanthrax If you have beat all of that you can beat this, you saw my thread. Try intercepting only, or using regen and bleed champs. If you can do long combos wolverine is still useful and so is x23. The fights are long so youll regen most of your health. SL and SW are also still useable for this. Brush up on those intercepting skills and watch that power bar and youll get through it.

@Rixob indeed, I think I took the wrong approach as I believed I would need to use - say - all mystics on 5.3.1, due to the 50% damage nerf.

I'll go back to my "A" team and try the intercepting approach, I can put a few hundred hits on LOL's red hulk so I should be able to do this also - I just need to stop treating them like "normal" opponents. Their attack is just too high to rely on block/parry.
  • SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
    Partially true. However a lot of the champions have easy to bait specials. So make sure you are always filling their power bar and countering specials. Also regardless of the penalty SL is still a god. Who cares if his damage is decreased when at a 50hit combo his damage is 4000......
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    edited September 2017
    I have completed two (not spending on refills) levels and will complete if not explore. I am not particularly upset with 5.3 and I am not really complaining either. From my perspective it is another sign of the death of 4*. Now to be clear my max ultron, rogue, and magik have won fights for me. My point was just that the amount of life loss in a near flawless fight is crazy. Not to mention the 50% reduction is much greater than 50%. My rank 4 5* drax is not hitting at a 50% reduction. It is what it is. A couple small revives and some health potions and I will make it through.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I use two 5* at 4/55 duped drax and unduped magik. And the rest 5/50s and it's the same difficulty as 5.2 minus the collector. Your champs do less damage because of the class buff but wolverine comes out full health from any fight including electro (I tested that already).

If you did 5.2 with 4/40s then you can do 5.3 just as easily
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    This is very disappointing to hear. I just finished maxing out my 2 star Storm and was planning on taking it on.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,501 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017
    Big thanks to Kabam for the appropriately difficult Act 5.3.
    '
    Also...anybody who claims that someone is a liar for being able to complete 5.3 without potions should think about their conclusions before slinging mud. Get yourself some regen champs and learn how to tackle long fights. 4* can absolutely get through 5.3. Does it take planning and certain champs? Of course...so did Maestro at the end of Act 4 back when those champs were also rare.