Is Black Bolt and Karnak any good in the meta?

FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Member Posts: 716 ★★★
I just pulled Black Bolt as a 4*, and have karnak as a 3* and have played around with them a bit.
Are they really just synergy partners for medusa which I do have as a 4* or can they work by themselves?

Comments

• Etm34Etm34 Member Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    All of the Inhumans are disappointing in the game. Medusa is the best, but even she’s been phased out
  • SavageSavage Member Posts: 621 ★★★
    edited May 2020
    Etm34 said:

All of the Inhumans are disappointing in the game. Medusa is the best, but even she’s been phased out

Medusa and Quake aren't disappointing. They are actually pretty faithful to their previous adaptions. Kamala could be better though... damage and utility is there just needs a heal mechanic. Karnak and Black Bolt are definitely in need of reworks.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Member Posts: 4,498 ★★★★★
    Etm34 said:

quake bro?
  • ege999menege999men Member Posts: 301 ★★
    Black bolt with synergy team at high Sig can do some good amount of damage
  • Erza_ScarletErza_Scarlet Member Posts: 130
    Etm34 said:

Phased out? How??
  • Southern_KantSouthern_Kant Member Posts: 157
    both of them are **** and u have a 99 percent chance to get them in every **** crystal
  • FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Member Posts: 716 ★★★
    Welp. I guess I got shafted
    I pulled a 5* Domino and 4* Doom this week so I'm not complaining
  • CapoolaaallaCapoolaaalla Member Posts: 15
    Both trash, get rid of them asap ¯\_༼ •́ ͜ʖ •̀ ༽_/¯
  • ESFESF Member Posts: 2,011 ★★★★★

Karnak is in a class of glass cannon champs who were left in the dust with the 12.0 update that introduced diminishing returns.

Champs like Iron Fist, Rocket Raccoon, Electro, and Karnak all derived their damage mostly from being able to either remove a lot of armor and/or access an incredibly high crit rate, causing nearly every hit to be a crit. The downside to these champs is their inherent squishiness. High risk, high reward.

Once focused, Karnak was able to crit on nearly every hit pre 12.0. He was a killer counter for any champ with a lot of armor and he was one of the only champs with access to true strike, making him an evasion counter. Plus, he was suicide friendly since Liquid Courage can give him access to permanent healing when duped.

Post 12.0, diminishing returns vastly reduced the crit rate of these champs, which tanked their damage output. Now the only thing these champs are left with is their squishiness.

To this day, I don't truly understand why Diminishing Returns was a thing.

I like to think I am a smart enough person to understand things when they make sense. I am not one of those people who tries not to understand, who argues points just to be contradictory.

And still, to this day, I just don't understand why Diminishing Returns was implemented. I truly don't