**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

If you want to fix AQ. Lower the timers to 30 minutes!!

Comments

• ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    I should reiterate, the suggestion of changing the AQ timers to 30 mins comes with the condition that AQ map length remains as it is currently. If map length is double it defeats the purpose.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @_ASDF_ those opposed to shorter timers have always been a mystery to me lol. You can pretend that there are one hour timers and run AQ exactly as you have been with shorter timers. You can finish it really fast if that's what you want to do. You can take it easy and login a lot less if that's what you want. More options and more flexibility. What's not to like. The idea that 30 minute timers were detrimental to many alliances used to be a forum joke on par with Effective Cyclops. It seems like some have heard it enough they have started believing it lol. Personally I think that even in the rare case where alliances behave unreasonably and pressure people to login more, that would go away in a few AQs when people figure out how much better the AQ works.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

@_ASDF_ those opposed to shorter timers have always been a mystery to me lol. You can pretend that there are one hour timers and run AQ exactly as you have been with shorter timers. You can finish it really fast if that's what you want to do. You can take it easy and login a lot less if that's what you want. More options and more flexibility. What's not to like. The idea that 30 minute timers were detrimental to many alliances used to be a forum joke on par with Effective Cyclops. It seems like some have heard it enough they have started believing it lol. Personally I think that even in the rare case where alliances behave unreasonably and pressure people to login more, that would go away in a few AQs when people figure out how much better the AQ works.

You’ve ignored everyone with a different point of view for years, if you had been listening you would understand why others do not share you opinion and then maybe you wouldn’t misrepresent them; it’s abhorrent.
    edited May 2020
    _ASDF_ said:

I agree with all that. We’ve got a couple doctors in our ally, most are professionals still working. I want to keep enjoying this game... I don’t however want to have to walk away from other important things in my life to log into both aw and AQ an extra time or two just to see if links are down or my energy is full. I end up taking section 2/3 nodes anyway in map 6. Usually have to wait until 11pm just to use my energy up.

Hell... if they just didn’t reduce starting energy or removed a link or two it was be way easier.

The only time we don’t finish a map is if someone has a personal emergency and that wouldn’t change with 30 min timers lol. It’s all settled by prestige 99% of the time.
    Communicate with your alliance and you won’t have to log in to check, you can glance at your phone and be notified.

Furthermore reduced timers will defeat the point of logging in less often, you will be logging in more often.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

_ASDF_ said:

I agree with all that. We’ve got a couple doctors in our ally, most are professionals still working. I want to keep enjoying this game... I don’t however want to have to walk away from other important things in my life to log into both aw and AQ an extra time or two just to see if links are down or my energy is full. I end up taking section 2/3 nodes anyway in map 6. Usually have to wait until 11pm just to use my energy up.

Hell... if they just didn’t reduce starting energy or removed a link or two it was be way easier.

The only time we don’t finish a map is if someone has a personal emergency and that wouldn’t change with 30 min timers lol. It’s all settled by prestige 99% of the time.
    Communicate with your alliance and you won’t have to log in to check, you can glance at your phone and be notified.

Furthermore reduced timers will defeat the point of logging in less often, you will be logging in more often.
    Yep. Being tagged in Line every 2 and a half hours because someone is waiting on you to take down your Nodes.

You’ve ignored everyone with a different point of view for years, if you had been listening you would understand why others do not share you opinion and then maybe you wouldn’t misrepresent them; it’s abhorrent.
    Abhorrent? Lol. That's a little over the top for a game conversation but I'm happy to be abhorrent on this issue I guess. I have listened to other perspectives. There have only been two reasons made against 30 minute timers and I've heard them both. The first is that the map is "tuned" for one hour timers. Irrelevant if 30 minute timers work better. The other is the one @GroundedWisdom just reiterated. People tagging you to move more. This is the "some alliances are stupid" argument. There is no need to tag people to move with 30 minute timers as getting to a particular point on day one is no longer an issue and there is never any last minute scrambling if someone's link doesn't go down and they go to bed. In reality, people should be tagged far less, and can login less. So yes, I get that some alliances behave stupidly and don't know how to use 30 minute timers to make life easier for everyone. I just hate that the majority can't have them because of the stupidity of the few, and I feel like those few would figure it out after a little practice with shorter timers as even they would eventually see that there would be plenty of time. I'm intentionally using derisive and inflammatory language as I am trying to live up to the abhorrent moniker. But it really is stupid to be in a place where all pressure to move has been removed and use it to apply more pressure. I wonder how often that really happens. As an aside, in what way have I misrepresented anyone or failed to understand them? Can you provide an actual reason why 30 minute timers is harmful that isn't based on people being stupid? I don't think you can.

_ASDF_ said:

Evey time we have had 30 minute timers I have logged in less. Saying "you will be logging in more often" is just flat out wrong. You can login more often. You can log in exactly the same as you do now. Or you can do what I do and clear more fights when you do login and then be off longer than you would otherwise be. Explain to me how "you will be logging in more often" is true? You can't because it's not.
    edited May 2020
    _ASDF_ said:

What’s your point of view? It’s always been and should stay? You’ve offered no reason why the change would negatively impact you.
    Recently give me time to take naps without holding anyone else up. ;)

“Alright guys,

Since this is a new forum, I guess we can answer this one more time. There's a lot of examples we've used of some frustrations that users can have with shorter timers as the main reasons we aren't doing them. The sleep thing was ONE example, as was the international alliances, but we also gave one huge reason that people seem to forget.

Alliance Quest maps are designed for 1 hour timers. The amount of nodes, fights, paths, and difficulty is tuned to one hour timers. The mode is all about coordinating with your Alliance, and teaming up. This includes who moves where, and when.”

@LeNoirFaineant Yes, the way you misrepresent people who do not share your point of view on timers is abhorrent. And the best part is, this is 3-4 years running, memories.

“The idea that 30 minute timers were detrimental to many alliances used to be a forum joke on par with Effective Cyclops. It seems like some have heard it enough they have started believing it lol. ”

They could give us 1/2 hour timers but apparently some incredibly stupid players think that having shorter timers means that everyone in the alliance needs to move more and they make the alliances miserable. Personally I feel like if those alliances fell apart as a result we'd all be better off but Kabam believes we all need to live by the lowest common denominator, so they play the roll of Diana Moon Glampers to our Harrison Bergeron. It's very sad.

June 2017

I'd be OK with a compromise and 45 minute timers. But the 1/2 hour timers are so nice. There are a handful of trolls that argue otherwise but the vast majority of the community would love a permanent change. At some point @Kabam Miike will come on and state that the alliance quests were designed for one hour timers but I don't see how that's relevant if the 1/2 hour timers provide a better gaming experience.

Nov 2017

It seems to me that the reason why 1/2 hour timers are detrimental is stupidity... more options and more flexibility ought to be an unmitigated benefit.

The reason we have the Timers is because there is an Extended Maintenance. There is no reason outside of that to have them.

No. Definitely no reason with people traveling for holidays. That would make no sense lmao

First of all, the AQ is designed for 1-Hour Timers. Secondly, it's a global game. Not all Players celebrate the same holidays.

1st of all it was designed badly because 1/2 hour timers work better. Secondly lets make it 1/2 an hour during all holidays around the globe. Works for me.

It doesn't work better. That's why it's an hour. Perhaps for those that want to finish as fast as possible. However, there are all Time Zones and walks of life playing. Not everyone has the same schedule.

I'm sorry but this is stupid. 1/2 hour timers allow alliances with people in different time zones and different work schedules much more flexibility. If you want everyone to have to find ways to login whenever they have energy on map 6 so that there isn't a time crunch at the end then you are correct, 1 hour timers work better. If you want people to be able to login when they can and not have a time crunch then there is no sense in which one hour timers work better. Have you ever run map 6? It's not about finishing as fast as possible. It's about allowing people with busy lives to not have to constantly login. If everyone had the same schedule one hour timers would be fine lmao. You're point that not everyone has the same walk of life and time zone is why 1/2 hour timers are better. More flexibility. Do you deny that 1/2 hour timers allow more flexibility for people with multiple time zones and walks of life? Oh wait, you've already addressed this on different threads and won't comment...

So the entire player base has to suffer for the stupidity of the few. Probably will get a warning now but I don't care. This is really dumb.

@CoatHang3r! The circle is complete! It doesn't matter if 1/2 hour timers work better for more players it was "designed" for one hour so that must be better.

30 minutes timers certainly do make it easier for more players. One hour is part of the difficulty and increased rewards for larger and more complex maps. People are simply kicking and screaming to make it easier on them so they can acquire the same rewards for less of an investment.

Go play half court Basketball.
  • DJMNHDJMNH Posts: 719 ★★★

I have read all of kabam's suggested changes but I haven't heard them address one of the biggest ones...AQ takes up too much of your time. It has people logging in every hour or two for five days straight. Can't even enjoy time with your family or wife or gf because you are checking your phone to see if your energy has refilled or a node is down. Or people leaving an alliance because they can't AQ because of work conflicts dealing with the amount of time needed to AQ. To me the easiest fix of this is lowering the timers to 30 minutes. That would allow AQ to move faster and give people a chance to participate in AQ and enjoy their life. 55 minutes is too long to wait for energy. Either that or shorten AQ to three days.
    But the most realistic choice is lowering the timers because you have done it before when kabam has had maintenance situations that affected AQ times. So it can be done. So if kabam truly wants to improve the quality of life for summoners this one fix would really go a very long way imo. People agree or do you enjoy 55 minutes timers?

I would agree to it.. somehow it helps being tension free when you got season alliance war and quest running at the same time.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Why not just make AQ timers 10 seconds?
  • YeahReallyYeahReally Posts: 54
    edited May 2020

_ASDF_ said:

You can log in exactly the same as you do now.
    You can't because your alliance mates will put pressure on you in order to finish AQ earlier
    And if you can't log in more often in the fist 10-14 hours, they will probably kick you

It's sad that so many people don't understand this
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    Just give every alliance the option of 30 or 60 minute timers, leave the map as is.

edited May 2020

_ASDF_ said:

Evey time we have had 30 minute timers I have logged in less. Saying "you will be logging in more often" is just flat out wrong. You can login more often. You can log in exactly the same as you do now. Or you can do what I do and clear more fights when you do login and then be off longer than you would otherwise be. Explain to me how "you will be logging in more often" is true? You can't because it's not.
    Um lets see with 1 hour timers and the way the maps are laid out I am obligated to move every couple hours, with 30 minute timers and the way maps are laid out I will be obligated to move every hour.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Looks like the 30min timers given by Kabam for lost time due to maintenance was a mistake, and people are taking it for granted that 30min timers SHOULD be the way going forward.

Schedules CAN be synced, links require schedules to be synced. It’s not impossible. It’s only impossible if people don’t communicate and review mistakes to make completion more efficient. Organization, communication, that’s teamwork.

Mentioned previously, AQ is about teamwork. AW is about skill.

It will negatively affect my alliance because people who cannot commit to Map 6/7 previously will now be able to with the shorter timers and cause our rank to fall. 😊
    _ASDF_ said:

_ASDF_ said:

Um lets see with 1 hour timers and the way the maps are laid out I am obligated to move every couple hours, with 30 minute timers and the way maps are laid out I will be obligated to move every hour.
    Again that makes no sense. With 30 min timers, your energy is full more quickly and gives you more flexibility on when you can move. Not waiting until the 5th hour of which you then have to move or are wasting time. It gives you a 2.5 hr window you wouldn’t have had otherwise. 🤦‍♂️ Clearly you’ve not had to maintain a tight work schedule or manage people lmao.
    You don’t seem to be hearing me. When I have the energy to move to my next link I am obligated to use it. When I have energy every 30 minutes I am obligated to move more frequently and then have less time away from AQ.

_ASDF_ said:

What exactly obligates you to move more with shorter timer? I have a high opinion of your intelligence despite how often we disagree. I'd hate to find that I am wrong. You have exactly the same amount of time to finish the AQ with 30 minute timers as opposed to 1 hour. How can you not see that logging in more with shorter timers is a choice and not a necessity? If everyone has more moves when they do login, everyone can do more when they login then they can in the current system and login less as a result. It's not rocket science. I laid down a challenge. So far you have failed miserably.
    _ASDF_ said:

_ASDF_ said:

_ASDF_ said:

Again that makes no sense. With 30 min timers, your energy is full more quickly and gives you more flexibility on when you can move. Not waiting until the 5th hour of which you then have to move or are wasting time. It gives you a 2.5 hr window you wouldn’t have had otherwise. 🤦‍♂️ Clearly you’ve not had to maintain a tight work schedule or manage people lmao.
    You don’t seem to be hearing me. When I have the energy to move to my next link I am obligated to use it. When I have energy every 30 minutes I am obligated to move more frequently and then have less time away from AQ.
    Your not obligated. Gotta use that teamwork and line chat to see if it’s needed. 😉
    Please explain? Because I’m pretty sure line chat is going to wake me up from my nap after an hour when they know I can clear the next link.
    The "um" makes it even worse as you think you are saying something obvious. You seem to be laboring under the delusion that shorter timers force you to clear the map faster. They do not.

_ASDF_ said:

What exactly obligates you to move more with shorter timer? I have a high opinion of your intelligence despite how often we disagree. I'd hate to find that I am wrong. You have exactly the same amount of time to finish the AQ with 30 minute timers as opposed to 1 hour. How can you not see that logging in more with shorter timers is a choice and not a necessity? If everyone has more moves when they do login, everyone can do more when they login then they can in the current system and login less as a result. It's not rocket science. I laid down a challenge. So far you have failed miserably.
    Your alliance will basically tell you: move when you have 5 energy (every 2.5 hours) or find a new alliance

_ASDF_ said:

Your alliance will basically tell you: move when you have 5 energy (every 2.5 hours) or find a new alliance
    Nope. With 30 minute timers there is no reason to pressure anyone to move even if they have 5 energy, unless you are stupid. What is the reason for the pressure other than stupidity? answer me that.
    edited May 2020
    Some people might want for the whole alliance to finish the AQ in the first 10-12 hours, because they have something to do later in the day, or they want to get their champions back, or something else
    This won't happen in every alliance, but I am sure it will happen in the majority of alliances