**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Please extend 30 minutes timers for the holidays

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Sarcasm.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited November 2017
    Not participating in section 3 if the map gets cleared doesn't hurt anyone. Yes, that's true. We want the map cleared lol. If it's cleared while some are sleeping that's fine. And again, 1/2 hour timers have always allowed more involvement for our international players, not less. @GroundedWisdom it's shocking that you are defending the Kabam position against the vast majority of the player base though... oh wait, no it isn't.
  • Options
    Not participating in section 3 if the map gets cleared doesn't hurt anyone. Yes, that's true. We want the map cleared lol. If it's cleared while some are sleeping that's fine. And again, 1/2 hour timers have always allowed more involvement for our international players, not less.

So it doesn't matter if people play the game and contribute, gaining experience and growing from a team challenge, as long as the Map is cleared. Interesting theory. Wrong, but interesting.
  • Options
    No, we have people all over the world and they can't contribute to every section because of time zones. But they all contribute. When we have 1/2 hour timers an amazing thing happens though, those international players get to contribute to all 3 sections in a way they usually can't. No one minds that they can't normally because the contribution is real in any case. You are simply wrong in every way in which it's possible to be wrong.
  • Options
    And yes, if people are sleeping during section 3 and it gets cleared with no items (which is every time) then it's all good.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    No, we have people all over the world and they can't contribute to every section because of time zones. But they all contribute. When we have 1/2 hour timers an amazing thing happens though, those international players get to contribute to all 3 sections in a way they usually can't. No one minds that they can't normally because the contribution is real in any case. You are simply wrong in every way in which it's possible to be wrong.

No. I'm not at all actually. AQ is for all Players. All levels and Maps, all Time Zones. People have varying times of availability with different schedules, playing different Maps. All Players are combined. Excluding some from being able to participate is not acceptable just because some want to finish Maps 5 and 6 faster. You see it as best for everyone because it's what you want. That doesn't mean it's best for everyone.
  • Options
    And 1/2 hour timers literally allow more flexibly for every single player. Some may artificially make it harder but the flexibility is real, and your wrongness is equally real lol
  • Options
    As wrong as it's possible to be.
  • Options
    That could become a thing. How wrong are you? Grounded Wisdom Wrong!
  • Options
    That'll probably get me jailed but I don't care lol.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited November 2017
    Give them half hour timers along with half the rewards, half the points, half the time to complete it and half the cost to start the map.

AQ is designed around hour timers over a 24 hour period. The same tired arguments are not going to change anything, enjoy the futility of the discussion.
  • Options
    @CoatHang3r! The circle is complete! It doesn't matter if 1/2 hour timers work better for more players it was "designed" for one hour so that must be better.
  • Options
    Artificially make it harder? What? Lol. Seriously. You're entitled to your view. I would suggest looking past the blinders.
  • Options
    Yes, @GroundedWisdom the only people that don't like 1/2 hour timers are people that think they half to login more thus not benefiting from more flexibility and artificially making it more stressful when it's objectively less stressful. LOL. Seriously. Do you have an actual counter example that would show that 1/2 hour timers don't allow every player more flexibility?
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    @CoatHang3r! The circle is complete! It doesn't matter if 1/2 hour timers work better for more players it was "designed" for one hour so that must be better.
    30 minutes timers certainly do make it easier for more players. One hour is part of the difficulty and increased rewards for larger and more complex maps. People are simply kicking and screaming to make it easier on them so they can acquire the same rewards for less of an investment.

Go play half court Basketball.
  • Options
    Well that's at least an argument @CoatHang3r so you win over Grounded Wisdom. And I'm OK with the added difficulty. Just can't abide when the people act like the 1 hour timers are somehow better for players, and given busy lives and other obligations I perfer the 1/2 hour timers. But you make a valid point.
  • Options
    The problem is you don't see the people who can't log on as often, or at different times, of consequence. When some of us are going to bed, others are logging on. If the Map is finished everytime, they don't get to participate at all. Not to mention the pressure Allies place on people who can't log on as often and make moves. It isn't beneficial for everyone. Regardless, we're still waiting 24 hours in between Maps.
  • Options
    I think 1/2 hour timers are better for the player base, you prefer that the timer favors groups without families, etc., which is a valid position as it's a competitive game. At that point it's not really who is right and who is wrong, it's which model is better and that's opinion.
  • Options
    In that case I obviously prefer my opinion and you yours. @GroundedWisdom is just wrong though lol.
  • Options
    Well, it's quite literally because some Maps are finished faster as well. Lower Maps take less moves. AQ opens in the afternoon for us. Which is nighttime for others. By the time they get on, it's done.
  • Options
    Sure. If that's how you feel, go with it.
  • Options
    Well, it's quite literally because some Maps are finished faster as well. Lower Maps take less moves. AQ opens in the afternoon for us. Which is nighttime for others. By the time they get on, it's done.

Yes, and for every one of those maps there is more flexibility if the timer is shorter and if it's cleared everyone benefits. Unlike coat hanger you still have failed to make a valid point. I disagree with coat hanger but I can't even disagree with you in the same way because you keep not making actual points.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    You keep missing the point. People aren't just playing to get Rewards. Especially with lower Maps. They're playing to grow. They can't grow and gain experience unless they play. As beneficial as you may think it is to log on and get Rewards everytime, it does little to help people get better at the game.
  • Options
    GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Omni wrote: »
    I know you frequent YouTube streams so I’ll chalk it up to you being blind.

Oh, the irony! Watches YT streams himself yet calls another player blind/stupid for doing so
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    Omni wrote: »
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Please don't with he timers I can do my path after people leave with 30 minute I'm rushed more so when family is here I'd need to move. In aq

If you are feeling pressure from e-friends, I think you need to re-evaluate life.

Any time someone comes on here and suggest shorter timers you chime in about feeling pressure from your allince.

How about you tell your alliance you’re good for a total of 24 moves while the rest of us have the potential to move 48.

If you don’t feel comfortable telling your alliance you have a life outside of this game that is again you’re problem and we shouldn’t be punished because of it.

@Omni maybe you should re-evaluate your life if you can't handle it on an hour timer
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    Actually everyone whinging about the timers being an hour, just stop AQ altogether, get some tissues for your tears and just participate on 30min timers when it happens.

If not, then stop whinging about the timer as it's good enough for the 45-50 AQs your playing all year
  • Options
    Swe_wolfisSwe_wolfis Posts: 390 ★★
    Not sure if anyone bothered to check the calendar, but AQ will end on Christmas Eve and if people don't get too drunk on New Years, you should finish day 5 on New Year's day without much problems.
  • Options
    DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    @DrOctavius2_2 why would you have to log in every 30 minutes? How do people not get that if you login less you can still finish faster. With 30 minute timers even if everyone doesn't login for hours you can still finish faster. This shouldn't be hard.

My line chat is blowing up with messages of alliance mates telling me to hurry up and clear node, puts added pressure to keep up, whereas before I had a lot of leeway before alliance mates start asking to bring node down. I could check every so often in the day with no complaints

That’s just crazy to me. You could actually login in less and finish faster. My bg is spilt between uk and us everybody still logins in at there normal time and we finish way ahead. Sounds like to me it’s more about some ally’s wanting to finish in 12 hours instead of taking their time and enjoying 30 min timers.
  • Options
    DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    You keep missing the point. People aren't just playing to get Rewards. Especially with lower Maps. They're playing to grow. They can't grow and gain experience unless they play. As beneficial as you may think it is to log on and get Rewards everytime, it does little to help people get better at the game.

That’s totally up to the ally’s to get them experience. I know in our alliance if guys speak up and say they need practice on a mini boss or something we let them have first shot. Also if your ally’s putting more pressure on you with 30 min timers maybe it’s time you find a new one. For us which we are split between us and uk it’s much less pressure with 30 min timers.