**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Please extend 30 minutes timers for the holidays

13»

Comments

• Options
    OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    Omni wrote: »
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Please don't with he timers I can do my path after people leave with 30 minute I'm rushed more so when family is here I'd need to move. In aq

If you are feeling pressure from e-friends, I think you need to re-evaluate life.

Any time someone comes on here and suggest shorter timers you chime in about feeling pressure from your allince.

How about you tell your alliance you’re good for a total of 24 moves while the rest of us have the potential to move 48.

If you don’t feel comfortable telling your alliance you have a life outside of this game that is again you’re problem and we shouldn’t be punished because of it.

@Omni maybe you should re-evaluate your life if you can't handle it on an hour timer

We have no issues with hour timers; however if given the option id much rather 30 min timers.

Let me reiterate, shorter timers allow more flexibility for an allince to move as they please.
  • Options
    AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    We have players from Egypt, Dubai, UK, Australia, US, NZ, and a few other countries. We have different commitments, family, jobs, activities in our lives and many different schedules. We would really like 30 minute timers. We know aq can be completed in one hour timers, but 30 minute timers give us more flexibility to log in when available and still complete our objective, which includes map 6. Over the holidays, more people will be out with family traveling and doing other things (not everyone, but US players will be).
  • Options
    Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    The reason we have the Timers is because there is an Extended Maintenance. There is no reason outside of that to have them.

Did you just start playing this game in the last few months (which would explain that you didn’t know that they did 30 minute timers at least during Christmas last year) or are you just attempting to be a contrarian?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Run477 wrote: »
    The reason we have the Timers is because there is an Extended Maintenance. There is no reason outside of that to have them.

Did you just start playing this game in the last few months (which would explain that you didn’t know that they did 30 minute timers at least during Christmas last year) or are you just attempting to be a contrarian?
    Personally, I don't see a reason to have them outside of some issue that causes timing constraints. I'm not new. Nor am I contrarian. I have a different opinion.
  • Options
    Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★

Personally, I don't see a reason to have them outside of some issue that causes timing constraints. I'm not new. Nor am I contrarian. I have a different opinion.

So...thanksgiving and Christmas?
  • Options
    I've said what my view is. That's about the extent of it.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

So...thanksgiving and Christmas?

There is no AQ on either day this year.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited November 2017
    You keep missing the point. People aren't just playing to get Rewards. Especially with lower Maps. They're playing to grow. They can't grow and gain experience unless they play. As beneficial as you may think it is to log on and get Rewards everytime, it does little to help people get better at the game.

No you keep missing the point. For SOME people 1/2 hour timers mean they miss part of the map. For others it means they get to participate in more of the map. Same with one hour timers. Our guy in Australia often misses a significant chunk and rarely gets a chance at the boss with one hour timers, but with 1/2 hour timers he gets to play the whole map. So it's a push as to which timer allows more participation. All we are left with is 1/2 hour timers allow more flexibility and more options for the alliance.
  • Options
    SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    You keep missing the point. People aren't just playing to get Rewards. Especially with lower Maps. They're playing to grow. They can't grow and gain experience unless they play. As beneficial as you may think it is to log on and get Rewards everytime, it does little to help people get better at the game.

Rewards. Mostly rewards. You know the quests have escalating difficulties to let players ‘grow’, right?

• Options
    SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    Alliances help people to’grow’ by giving access to rewards they otherwise wouldn’t get. That’s how they ‘grow’, via the improved roster the rewards bring.

A shorter timer ensures easier access to rewards for all. For the first time yesterday my alliance completed 100% all three BGs. So I am literally witnessing the benefit with my own eyes.

WIN!
  • Options
    shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Holiday seasons are about love, compassion, giving, .... so may I suggest, free AQ and free AW rewards to all players without needing to fight a single AQ and AW match? :) ...... only for this very special holiday seasons :)
  • Options

No you keep missing the point. For SOME people 1/2 hour timers mean they miss part of the map. For others it means they get to participate in more of the map. Same with one hour timers. Our guy in Australia often misses a significant chunk and rarely gets a chance at the boss with one hour timers, but with 1/2 hour timers he gets to play the whole map. So it's a push as to which timer allows more participation. All we are left with is 1/2 hour timers allow more flexibility and more options for the alliance.
    It's not helpful for everyone and it has consequences. I'm not going to continue explaining it because you're only focusing on one side of it.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Hey @LeNoirFaineant glad to see we’re still at it!