**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How to fix the act 6 5/6* only problem.

TP33TP33 Posts: 1,595 ★★★★
I’m going to say something controversial here but I agree with the fundamental idea behind the 5/6* only requirements in act 6, if you’ve only got good 4*s then why would you need 6* shards, T5B or T2A, three of the primary rewards of act 6?

However many situations in act 6 and some champions themselves require synergy partners (the Angela+Heimdall problem comes to mind here).

To keep both of these reasonable why not allow 2/3/4*s as synergy parteners, but once you join the quest they can’t be used in fights, or a node that instantly KOs any Champions under 5*. This means that these synergies are accessible but the champions can’t be used, so you still need 5*s to actually do the fights but not a huge, deep and niche roster.

Comments

• Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    TP33 said:

I’m going to say something controversial here but I agree with the fundamental idea behind the 5/6* only requirements in act 6, if you’ve only got good 4*s then why would you need 6* shards, T5B or T2A, three of the primary rewards of act 6?

However many situations in act 6 and some champions themselves require synergy partners (the Angela+Heimdall problem comes to mind here).

To keep both of these reasonable why not allow 2/3/4*s as synergy parteners, but once you join the quest they can’t be used in fights, or a node that instantly KOs any Champions under 5*. This means that these synergies are accessible but the champions can’t be used, so you still need 5*s to actually do the fights but not a huge, deep and niche roster.

What’s the difference between this and allowing 4*s at all?
    Even a god tier 4* would die in a few blocks against act6 attack values. I personally can’t see any difference between allowing them for synergy reasons and allowing them at all. They will be on both cases, synergy partners, rather than being able to carry their weight.
  • Options
    SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,861 ★★★★
    It is strange solution, so instead of allowing 4*s on your team where they would take up one of your 5 team spots....you are suggesting you get the synergy benefits AND get to bring five 5*/6*s. Your solution involves Kabam adding a new concept that they would have to program into the game AND makes you stronger than you would of been if they just allowed 4*s into Act 6 in the first place. Don't see that happening....
  • Options
    TP33TP33 Posts: 1,595 ★★★★
    Solswerd said:

It is strange solution, so instead of allowing 4*s on your team where they would take up one of your 5 team spots....you are suggesting you get the synergy benefits AND get to bring five 5*/6*s. Your solution involves Kabam adding a new concept that they would have to program into the game AND makes you stronger than you would of been if they just allowed 4*s into Act 6 in the first place. Don't see that happening....

Oh no not at all the synergy partners would still take up a team spot but you’d have the benefit of the synergy
  • Options
    Air98Air98 Posts: 81 ★★
    That's the whole reason they blocked them, to stop people from using synergies...you seriously think it was to stop people from using champs that die from blocking one combo?
  • Options
    SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,861 ★★★★
    TP33 said:

Solswerd said:

Oh no not at all the synergy partners would still take up a team spot but you’d have the benefit of the synergy
    Sorry, I misunderstood what you were proposing
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    This is stupid, dude. Nobody's wanting to bring in 4*s as their main attackers. You're acting like Kabam thinks 4*s would be OP in Act 6 which is the most stupid thing I've ever heard. Kabam knows what they're doing. They're making people need these crazy niche counters which makes them spend more money on crystals and more money on completing other content. They just need to remove the stupid restriction and then people won't have to wait around for certain champions to do content that should be based on skill.
  • Options
    LeovaMLeovaM Posts: 37
    It's strange, that Abyss, which requires Cavalier for completion, allows 4* champions, and Act 6 itself does not