Options

6.2.6 Champion

So this is not that type of "nerf champion boss" discussion
I was with she hulk against 6.2.6 champion boss, for the first phases i used hood and doc voodoo to take him down to last 10%, ofc i didnt make it to take him down with those and then i used my she hulk, what i found interesting is that even that the champion had slow debuff on him he still was activating unstoppable showing the unstoppable buff icon under his health bar, but i could still hit him cose of the slow debuff i gues... When slow debuff finished his unstoppable buff was again in play and i got wrecked...
My question is: Can he actually activate unstoppable even if the slow debuff is on? Was that meant to work that way?

Comments

• Options
    ZverceZverce Posts: 76
    edited June 2020

As far as I understand it going off of the in-game descriptions, slow provides 100% aar for unstoppable and evade abilities.

The champion boss however has an additional 25(?)% buff-ability-accuracy.

Now, what I believe happens is that his additional ability accuracy allows him to still trigger his unstoppable buff, but the functionality of the buff itself is still fully subject to the 100% aar provided by slow.

Aar can be really weird in this game. The triggering of effects and their specific functionality can be affected by aar on an individual basis. Think about magik's limbo.

It appears to consist of 3 parts, the limbo itself, the damage and the healing. I've seen limbo trigger without damage or healing, I've seen it trigger with damage but no healing, I've seen it trigger without damage but with healing and I've seen it not trigger at all.

Does that mean his ability against contests greatest fighters is against all my champs? Or just those who are on the list?

And you are right for the Limbo, it is most noticable when playing with blade...
  • Options

Zverce said:

As far as I understand it going off of the in-game descriptions, slow provides 100% aar for unstoppable and evade abilities.

Now, what I believe happens is that his additional ability accuracy allows him to still trigger his unstoppable buff, but the functionality of the buff itself is still fully subject to the 100% aar provided by slow.

Aar can be really weird in this game. The triggering of effects and their specific functionality can be affected by aar on an individual basis. Think about magik's limbo.

It appears to consist of 3 parts, the limbo itself, the damage and the healing. I've seen limbo trigger without damage or healing, I've seen it trigger with damage but no healing, I've seen it trigger without damage but with healing and I've seen it not trigger at all.

Does that mean his ability against contests greatest fighters is against all my champs? Or just those who are on the list?

And you are right for the Limbo, it is most noticable when playing with blade...
    Just against those on the list as far as I know
    Well as far as i can tell she hulk is not on that list, which means he shouldnt have any aditional AA
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Lyra if anyone can answer this would be nice...
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    One of the nodes gives increased ability accuracy which can stop slow to work against the unstoppable. Depends what links you had up
  • Options

One of the nodes gives increased ability accuracy which can stop slow to work against the unstoppable. Depends what links you had up

It is different node actualy, all abilities trigger 20% more often, no ability accuracy included there
  • Options

Zverce said:

Zverce said:

Just against those on the list as far as I know
    Well as far as i can tell she hulk is not on that list, which means he shouldnt have any aditional AA
    The unstoppable was showing, but not actually working judging from what you were saying. I've had this in AQ where I'd have 3 unstoppables stacked from the node and throwing specials, but I could still hit without fear of getting smacked, as long as that slow was up. Always took it as a visual bug personally since it was just overriding the node, instead of nullifying.

I haven't used she hulk against champion, and wont be fighting him again until after the rework personally.
    Well, thats the exact case what you said up there, but if your slow debuff ends before the unstoppable buff you'll get wrecked
  • Options
    TheHeroDeservedTheHeroDeserved Posts: 743 ★★★
    edited June 2020
  • Options
    Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    I think that is an intended interaction, his fury/unstoppable effects have 125% ability accuracy and she hulk only reduces it by 100%