**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Modok Island - Maintenance terminated in progress run.

@Kabam Miike
@RichTheMan
Case #05508279
I was in the middle of a Modok Island epic run when maintenance occurred and upon logging back in the in-progress run was terminated losing the entry ticket to earn coins. I opened a ticket and only received general response that maintenance happens. I completely understand but this request was not to gain an advantage but be made whole where Kabam had not advised in the in-game maintenance message to complete all in-progress runs prior to. When I inquired back for yes/no answer on being replenished the lost entry ticket, I immediately received reply that the ticket was closed. Given I’m not the only one this occurred to, per Kabam’s initial acknowledgement of my ticket, what is the overall determination of these occurrences for the community?

Comments

• Options
    Andrewl89Andrewl89 Posts: 12
    I’m just pointing out that this is considered a very small ask, that has broader implications on how requests for information from Kabam are handled and how we in the community feel we are serviced. Where there is all this scrutiny at the moment with transparency and communication breakdowns, this is a prime example. Had nothing to do with the need to have maintenance but how Kabam handles unforeseen circumstances as a result and how they respond too.
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    I thought I have seen in-game message for such maintenance, thus I didn’t do any progress run when the maintenance time is coming soon.
  • Options
    Reference said:

I thought I have seen in-game message for such maintenance, thus I didn’t do any progress run when the maintenance time is coming soon.

That is correct and I really appreciate Kabam notifying us of it coming but there is never any suggestion to complete in-progress game content before it activates. AQ and AW don’t reset.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★
    Andrewl89 said:

Reference said:

That is correct and I really appreciate Kabam notifying us of it coming but there is never any suggestion to complete in-progress game content before it activates. AQ and AW don’t reset.
    because they’re expecting you to use common sense
  • Options
    ThehereticTheheretic Posts: 110
    edited June 2020
    I have had that happen to me twice and nothing to do with maintenance, feels like since the maintenance the game is crashing on me. Well, I guess something to do with maintenance now that I think about it.

• Options

Andrewl89 said:

Reference said:

@SpideyFunko but is it really? Help me understand how you come to that conclusion, that based on how the game operates or how we are informed of how it operates?
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    Andrewl89 said:

Andrewl89 said:

Reference said:

@SpideyFunko but is it really? Help me understand how you come to that conclusion, that based on how the game operates or how we are informed of how it operates?
    the game will go down for scheduled maintenance at a certain time. You might not want to start anything because maintenance could kick you out of quests, especially time sensitive side events. Don’t start anything because the game will be down.
  • Options
    Agreed. Lesson learned. Doesn’t change though how a situation like this causes a loss of attempt to max coins for the event. Salt on the wound too in how Kabam deflected in the response:

Kabam: Thank you for taking the time to contact us at Kabam Support, and we hope you’re doing well today.
    As you are likely aware, from time to time every online game does need to come down for maintenance, in order to update portions of the game or to correct any issues within the game. There were some issues recently with The Contest of Champions which forced us to take the servers down for some time. The game needed to come down immediately in order to prevent any potentially larger issues that may have occurred. This is never a decision made lightly- we are aware of the impact that bringing the game servers down can have, and the frustration that it causes everyone. We realize that some players’ time in The Contest is limited, and all players’ time is important.
    We apologize for this affecting you adversely, as it was never our intent to upset anyone with this. We simply wanted to make sure that the game continues to run as best as it can. Keep in mind that all players were affected with the same amount of downtime for this unfortunate emergency maintenance.
    Thank you for your patience during this downtime, and for your help in bringing this to our attention. We are truly sorry for any inconvenience caused by what happened and we are endeavouring to prevent any issues like this from occurring again. That said, we hope that you have a great rest of your day in The Contest!

Me: Thank you for the timely response, but you did not answer my question about replenishing the lost ticket for Modok’s Island as result of the maintenance termination of my in-progress run within epic difficulty. I completely agree on need to bring down the game for needed maintenance, but your in-game message did not include advice to complete any in progress events. Please advise on the answer to my question in order to close this help ticket. Thank you.

Kabam: Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately, this case has been closed.
    If your problem has not been resolved, please submit a new case and we will reply as soon as we can.

Such a blanket response, followed by prompt closure of an unresolved ticket. :(