**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Opinion on new AW

Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Posts: 981 ★★
edited September 2017 in General Discussion

Opinion on new AW 80 votes

Like it already
0%
Dont like it already
13%
SMiller80Junaid95Darcilis_solidsnakewSWeaponXIronworks26Nomarigerolkolomvoswhaler213buttersRee 11 votes
Its an improvment
2%
AxeCopFireGigabyteNC 2 votes
Hate it
51%
Etaki_LirakoiVoluntarisNevvBWolfeMcord11758VavasourRandomlyGeneratedDrakon56JaffacakedMegaSkater67Noob_2yrsHarcourtmazeDarkstar4387RockandrollinaDADDIS0NSpity68SighsohardYellsomeLosspiksweetleafsixx66 41 votes
Lets give it a while longer before we decide
12%
GroundedWisdomVdh2008Ghost998HazerfaceDave_the_destroyerBrandoniusThe_flash007ThemanofjZerovSystem1035 10 votes
Lets go back to the way it was
20%
NMEONESCaptain_KandicehurricantmutamattTBJ1118SmokinSurferMana_PotWrongJac094Pow3rKatKrazy_Duff331haunted_memoryNOOOOOOOOPEEEEEStingerbkSignalrunnersAntonioTheCool 16 votes

Comments

• TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    Hate it
    Improvement in some places but the points awarded are quite BS
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    Hate it
    It is so bad I don't think it can be fixed outside of scrapping the entire map and starting over
  • Lets give it a while longer before we decide
    Mcord11758 wrote: »
    It is so bad I don't think it can be fixed outside of scrapping the entire map and starting over

Your in jail, so you cant vote

;)
    Hate it

;)

Ur planning to become He Who Shall Not Be Named v2 or what?
  • JdubJdub Posts: 12
    Lol aw is a joke fix the whole not placing defenders or make it to we're each empty node is worth an attack point easy fix.
  • Hate it
    #KabamKilledAW

so stupid the game never was, i guess.
  • Hate it
    Winning a war without placing defenders is ridiculous. You have yet again dismissed the efforts of all of us who spent hours of grinding to improve good players. Having no penalty for dying in war has not improved the game in any way, shape, or form. You can basically buy a win with minimal effort or skill. I'm disappointed yet again with the direction you have chosen and question why many of us long time and loyal players still play the game.

n29jg8d5ft5b.png
  • Katy_CandyKaty_Candy Posts: 175
    Hate it
    The spreads sheet at the end is the only positive thing from this new AW. Map is too long and takes too much energy.
    Seeing the class is ok. I can take it or leave it.
    What really bothers me is Kabam gives zero thought to the players when they implement things like this. If this was beta tested then we wouldn't have people exploring it on the second day.

It took only 1 war for people to figure how to exploit it. Think about that.
  • Hate it
    The most i hate is waste so much energy for empty node and teleport. And then... No defender point...

;)

Ur planning to become He Who Shall Not Be Named v2 or what?

I dont know who that is mate? And because you cant name him you cant tell me?
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    Hate it
    poop
    So I think most people like it then?
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Hate it
    defense placement issues need to be fixed asap
    skirmish rewards encourage officers to put their less effective champs as minis
    energy for portals should be removed
    Hate it

Heh its more of a hate-love relationship with mostly hate

And if you do not know He Who Shall Not Be Named then I cant help it, calling other people out is against forum rules and I already am at the third strike

Heh its more of a hate-love relationship with mostly hate

And if you do not know He Who Shall Not Be Named then I cant help it, calling other people out is against forum rules and I already am at the third strike

PM me please mate, im intrigued?
  • YellsomeYellsome Posts: 485
    Hate it

what is jail thingy on their avatar?What does it mean/
    Hate it
    Yellsome wrote: »

what is jail thingy on their avatar?What does it mean/

They are on parole for breaking forum rules
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    Hate it
    Hate it, the old system even as flawed as it was , was still leagues better than this new one. The point system is bonkers it awards you for attacking and placing diverse defenses but not defensive kills which doesn't make sense to me.

Alliances can easily win the war without placing anyone on defense cause of said point system and the fact that they can just crush yours to rack up kills but you can't because there's no one to kill.

I've never really been fond of portals in general and I hate the fact that kabam forced so many on us and made them cost us energy which makes it a boring slog to traverse especially when it's just you by yourself on certain paths.

The map is to spread out and porrly designed, they changed the nodes and made them easier for people to just kill your defense, they made some champions less useful because of said reason, changed the tier system, took out some or all hidden information depending on your tier which just takes all strangey out of placing.

If they found a middle ground between this map and the old one, readded defensive kills, penalized alliances for placing 0 defenders, made less portals and made them cost zero point, add another defender and attacker slot, adjust the layout then maybe just maybe they can save alliance war.

This implementation is just not fun, it does not work, the point system is just downright terrible, the portal system is terrible and shouldn't cost us any energy in war and makes traveling boring, rewards alliances for placing no one on defense, and since this new war came out I've noticed a steep drop in particpation in my alliance and heard about others as well.

If your goal was to kill the game then you may succeed, if your goal was to make a fun map with a rewarding point system then you failed badly considering all the issues that have planned the launch and our reactions to it all.

Maybe you take time to listen to us, and improve the war , and the game to win back our fatith in you because as it stands now a lot us think you just don't care anymore.

Edit

Maybe you are listening but we'll see what adjustments you're going to make to the mode and point system