**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Apple - Pros? Cons?

GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
So, I was given an iPad that needs repaired. The condition was if I fixed it, I could have it. Pretty fair. I just dropped it off and I won't say how much it's costing me, but it's more than I paid for my Samsung and half the value of the iPad. Lol.
My question is for those that have played on both platforms. What are the benefits besides Load Times? What are the Pros and Cons of Apple? I'm not considering a Legends Run anytime soon, but I'm more or less wondering if there is a large difference between the two. I won't ask if it's worth it because I think the repair is worth it anyway. I want both devices. Any feedback on the difference would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    I'm not sure what the load time is on iPad, I guess it depends on what model you have. But I know for legend run right now the iPhone 7 is the go to. If you have an android you will never get the legend badge cause the load time is horrendous.
  • Options
    Flazinator wrote: »
    I'm not sure what the load time is on iPad, I guess it depends on what model you have. But I know for legend run right now the iPhone 7 is the go to. If you have an android you will never get the legend badge cause the load time is horrendous.

Yeah, it's pretty much a given that Apple is ideal for Legends Runs. I'm just wondering about overall gameplay.
  • Options
    JuggerneyksJuggerneyks Posts: 275 ★★
    edited September 2017
    Lets put it this way, Mcoc would still run better on an iphone 2 then on the latest andriod phone. If mcoc is your jam, then Apple is the only way to go.

I use both an ipad and a samsung phone, and trust me the load times alone are enough to make these devices incomparable. I've played on both devices at the same time and i can have the game loaded up and get into a fight on apple before my game is even finished booting to main screen on andriod.

Also, i notice infinite more instances of lag/studdering on andriod vs apple.

Maybe my phone could be getting old (S6) but im not the 1st person to describe these problems.
  • Options
    Lets put it this way, Mcoc would still run better on an iphone 2 then on the latest andriod phone. If mcoc is your jam, then Apple is the only way to go.

Okay. So it's better. I'm still keeping both devices, as far as I know. Some of my Apps are Android-only, and I want both. Thanks for replying.
  • Options
    @GroundedWisdom edited my post to add a bit more info
  • Options
    @GroundedWisdom edited my post to add a bit more info

Okay. Perfect. Thanks for the info. My real question is the mechanics, and that tells me a bit more.
  • Options
    besides the frame rate drops/loading, the game mechanics virtually runs the same, problem is those frame drops can really cost you at key moments in a fight.
  • Options
    Turns out it doesn't matter much anyway. It's a Gen 1 iPad Mini. It's no longer officially supported. It will play, but it's pretty choppy. Smh. Should have looked into that before I dropped money on it. Lol.
  • Options
    Doesn't matter anyway. I have options. I could keep it as a spare, or sell it and invest in a newer Model. The information is still helpful. I mean, it will play. Just choppy. I could always get another Model. Had to be repaired either way. Man, the devices I've tried for this game alone. Lol. It's quite extensive.
  • Options
    SpiritSpirit Posts: 222
    @GroundedWisdom Hahahahahaha good joke!! Best of luck trying to find cons in playing the game on iOs compared to android. (since there are only pros :DB) )