**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Awakening Gem Trade-In System

BocksaroxBocksarox Posts: 329 ★★★
Just a suggestion!

What if there was a trade-in system for awakening gems? Like, if you had a class awakening gem you couldn't use, you could trade it for one of a random class. Since I'm suggesting a 1 for 1 trade, maybe the trade-in could have a month long cool down. Maybe you could trade it in for an awakening gem crystal containing all six classes, or maybe a crystal that doesn't contain the class that you traded in?

I see the point of all these changes to eliminate pain points for players. It's painful, especially as awakening gems become more common, to receive the same class over and over.

We already have a trade in for T4CC for a similar reason. It would be nice to see this quality of life change. I don't always buy the Summoner's Sigil, but I may be willing to part with my $10 if a monthly awakening trade in was part of the deal. Maybe every time the Sigil refreshes, the trade-in refreshes?

Comments

• Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Lol this would be interesting I have 4 skill and 3 mutant gems while 0 of any other class, but I doubt it would be implemented and if it was it would be 3 for 1 and I would not trade 3 for a random one
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    I have 2 mystic gems gathering dust(I have Maw and Diablo) and an Aegon waiting to be awakened but I wouldn't trade simply because I'd know my next two pulls would be amazing mystics and I'd regret it and I'd probably not get that skill gem but another cosmic to gather dust again
  • BocksaroxBocksarox Posts: 329 ★★★

Lol this would be interesting I have 4 skill and 3 mutant gems while 0 of any other class, but I doubt it would be implemented and if it was it would be 3 for 1 and I would not trade 3 for a random one

That is why i suggested 1 for 1, with a long cool down and maybe behind the Sigil pay wall.

I have 2 mystic gems gathering dust(I have Maw and Diablo) and an Aegon waiting to be awakened but I wouldn't trade simply because I'd know my next two pulls would be amazing mystics and I'd regret it and I'd probably not get that skill gem but another cosmic to gather dust again

My idea considered that you wouldn't get the gem you wanted right away, but you could always try again after a cool down period.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Bocksarox said:

That is why i suggested 1 for 1, with a long cool down and maybe behind the Sigil pay wall.
    A month is not a long cool-down. Maybe 2-1? Maybe along with 500 units.

The day you have Gems in overflows like Cats that's when you have to ask the question.

I utlise all my Gems and always leave a few spare just incase

I guess you are assuming I don't have gems in overflow. I did have 4 tech gems at one point. I had to use one before it expired. I used it on someone I didn't feel was worthy of my efforts. Glad you've been happy with all your gems, buuuuuuuuddy.
    edited June 2020

Bocksarox said:

I mean, these are becoming more available now, so I don't know that I'd ask for a price THAT steep. I guess, I really feel like 1 for 1, but you can only do it once a month if you have the Sigil, is pretty fair.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Bocksarox said:

Bocksarox said:

I mean, these are becoming more available now, so I don't know that I'd ask for a price THAT steep. I guess, I really feel like 1 for 1, but you can only do it once a month if you have the Sigil is pretty fair.
    That just gives F2P another disadvantage if it's behind a monetary pay-wall. Plus, if they're becoming more available, there's no need for a trading system, since you can get them more frequently, and that means there are more chances to get whatever class you need.
  • manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    thats really cool i like the idea
  • DJMNHDJMNH Posts: 720 ★★★
    Bocksarox said:

Just a suggestion!

What if there was a trade-in system for awakening gems? Like, if you had a class awakening gem you couldn't use, you could trade it for one of a random class. Since I'm suggesting a 1 for 1 trade, maybe the trade-in could have a month long cool down. Maybe you could trade it in for an awakening gem crystal containing all six classes, or maybe a crystal that doesn't contain the class that you traded in?

I see the point of all these changes to eliminate pain points for players. It's painful, especially as awakening gems become more common, to receive the same class over and over.

We already have a trade in for T4CC for a similar reason. It would be nice to see this quality of life change. I don't always buy the Summoner's Sigil, but I may be willing to part with my $10 if a monthly awakening trade in was part of the deal. Maybe every time the Sigil refreshes, the trade-in refreshes?

A great idea , but sadly bro they will never do this...as the big whales spend money to get such gems, so why will they stop their source of income for us common players brother.. 😣
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,833 ★★★★★
    It’s crazy how I was actually thinking of this myself this morning, If 1 is too much maybe we can trade in 2, some people wouldnt even mind trading 3. Alliance mate of mine has six science gems and almost all the top science champs awakened already.

Not to mention, this could stop the RNG complaints on forums ;)
  • LordRaymond3LordRaymond3 Posts: 394 ★★★
    In terms of 5* AGs 4 tech gems and 0 in any other class... I would love this