Options

Solution to mastery switching?

I am sure that this has been discussed 1,000,000 times already but I have a possible solution to mastery setups.

1. Default setup works how it is currently for all champs... unless

2. Each champ has there own mastery icon in info screen hit that and set it up and it’s locked for that champ.

Simple clean everyone wins.
Kabam still gets our units because we will mastery up all our top champs for defense and attack. We win because no more swapping back and forth or dealing with subpar mastery setups.

Bleeders get their deep wounds
Tech can have there power control
Mystics get md
Suicide champs can have that etc...
Win win win

~Lacusta

Comments

• Options
    LacustaLacusta Posts: 15
    It still let’s you customize your champs. And yes we would be spending lots of units to customize. And. Yes if you want to change the default setup you would be spending same as before. It’s not a perfect solution but it makes sense with where we are at in this game currently.
  • Options
    spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    I’ve thought about individual mastery setups for a long time, I think it’s an idea summoners would love, kabam not so much. There’s a reason they haven’t given us any additional mastery points in years, they clearly see that as tipping the scale. Individual masteries would do that and then some.

• Options
    Well if you have the time and money you already have access to this... so it’s really just greatly reducing the time and money so that everyone gets to play the mastery game and helps level the playing field.
  • Options
    SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Sounds good but its horrible.

A better solution would be to have 3-4 preset mastery pages that can be swapped between with 1 click. And no more unit cost for reusing them.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,639 ★★★★★
    Seraphion said:

A better solution would be to have 3-4 preset mastery pages that can be swapped between with 1 click. And no more unit cost for reusing them.

I'd be in favor of this if it weren't for War. I feel like if you want defenders without suicides and attackers with suicides it should cost you something. If they remove the cost but defensive and offensive masteries were always the same I'd be good.
  • Options
    SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★

Seraphion said:

I'd be in favor of this if it weren't for War. I feel like if you want defenders without suicides and attackers with suicides it should cost you something. If they remove the cost but defensive and offensive masteries were always the same I'd be good.
    I mean in higher tiers they swap them back and forth for war anway.

And I dont think you should have to pay 120 units x 12 (= 1.440) per season if you want to run suicides. There is more content than war.

I understand that you dont want to make war harder than it is and I 100% agree with it. So how about one default Mastery page every defender champ has?
    Nothing special but the normal mastery.
    Parry Cruelty Precision etc

No Limber MD Assassin etc.

That would make war a bit easier and everyone would have the same advantage.
  • Options
    Chawi79Chawi79 Posts: 27
    I would really not mind the unit cost for swapping, it's my choice to want to change them for a fight in AW or for a path in story content.

What I do mind, is the tidious task of it. So if I can just have a number of presets, I would be happy dappy.
  • Options
    18sae5618sae56 Posts: 127
    They need to just make it a +/- for each mastery so you don't have to clear the whole branch and add them all up again just to turn off dex or suicides.
  • Options
    HULK_BREAKHULK_BREAK Posts: 374
    18sae56 said:

They need to just make it a +/- for each mastery so you don't have to clear the whole branch and add them all up again just to turn off dex or suicides.

They can't for at least 2 reasons
    1 because some mastery require a minimum of 15 points to activate,
    2 with a reset you spend more units to rebuild.

It is already good that they have limited the reset to a single one and for free, before the reset was global and also cost units.

If they don't insert presets, they could at least improve the system to redo the setting very uncomfortable when you have to reach 5 on a mastery.

They could put a box like the store with - N +
  • Options
    HavanaknightHavanaknight Posts: 453 ★★★
    There could still be a way for kabam to profit off this concept while still benefiting us. Having multiple sets ups shouldn’t be the default. Maybe you can unlock an additional mastery setup for, say, 1000 units. Want a third one? 2000 units. And once unlocked you can decide what champs go in which setup.
  • Options
    Mastr0fCerberusMastr0fCerberus Posts: 27

18sae56 said:

They can't for at least 2 reasons
    1 because some mastery require a minimum of 15 points to activate,
    2 with a reset you spend more units to rebuild.

It is already good that they have limited the reset to a single one and for free, before the reset was global and also cost units.

If they don't insert presets, they could at least improve the system to redo the setting very uncomfortable when you have to reach 5 on a mastery.

They could put a box like the store with - N +
    You can get around the first 1 by just making it that if removing a point will put you at 14 and there's something else requiring at least 15 it won't work. And then you can say that removing points also costs units. It would make it easier to move stuff around and we'd still be spending units to do it, just not quite so many as the current setup (it would be so much easier if, for example, the only thing I wanted to do was switch MD to Deep Wounds, it costs me to remove MD, and it costs to add Deep Wounds, but at least then I don't have to redo an entire tab)
  • Options
    LordTenzenLordTenzen Posts: 136
    I think you should be ale to store 3 different mastery setups. You would still need to pay, but at least you could conveniently switch over for different game modes.
  • Options
    TipoTipo Posts: 113
    They claim this is coming but I’ve given up hope.
    The time they used for aw/aq attackers/defenders tabs could’ve easily been spent on the pre set masteries.
    The fact they moved forward with 1 over the other pretty much sealed it for me. It’s useless.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Just remove the unit cost of resetting masteries or allow us to take away individual points rather than resetting the whole page
  • Options
    Reason for doing this rather than just three pages is it gives everyone a way to customize individual champs without breaking the game
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    What about having three mastery setups and being able to assign champs to one of the three?