**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kabam, can you tell us what you're doing to the AI please?

Comments

• 2nd_slingshot2nd_slingshot Posts: 233
    DD2 wrote: »
    Explain this one Kabam. Two L1 specials. One is slower and has a small range, the other is faster and it lunges much more.

This is pretty tame compared to other times where the AI dives at you from way across the screen and catches you with specials and heavies and lunging attacks when they shouldn't. This is costing us a ton of units. Explain what's going on here.

7zkboqvxeett.gif

Its a mater of distance between you and the AI when the special is launched. you were closer to the opponent in the first special, your distance was a bit bigger when the second was launched. The AI will always try to connect the special even with a longer distance. It is very noticeable with star lord l1, even if you were at the other end of the screen and he lauched from the other end if your block is down he would connect . but if you were closer and you evaded the attack, the kick would only get to the point where you evaded and not a specific distance. Thats what i've noticed.
  • RaaRaa Posts: 309 ★★
    Explain this one Kabam. Two L1 specials. One is slower and has a small range, the other is faster and it lunges much more.

This is pretty tame compared to other times where the AI dives at you from way across the screen and catches you with specials and heavies and lunging attacks when they shouldn't. This is costing us a ton of units. Explain what's going on here.

7zkboqvxeett.gif

Finally, I've had this Bs happen to me with hyperion and some symbioids, now i just evade as far as i can bcuz of this BS.
  • DD2DD2 Posts: 309 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    I just had the AI do a heavy attack from way across the screen and catch me with it when normally would NEVER have this much range.

The AI does their heavy, I am a great distance away, I evade at the right time, and it's almost like it's programmed to get a hold of me no matter what and hit me with it.

Just died in 5.3. This is so unacceptable. We're wasting tons of units for nothing.

An answer would be appreciated.
  • Sky_kittySky_kitty Posts: 245
    Map5 mini boss mordo. Guy in my ally did parry with drax and got degeneration from astral and it didn't happened only once... that is a big issue
    edited September 2017
    JUST had the AI punch my face in and KO me because of split second lag RIGHT as I was about to evade.

Trust me Kabam, I think I know what evading is at this point. My skills are fine.

Split second lag and long choppy lag happens on a regular basis. Give us a fair game for crying out loud.
  • DD2 wrote: »

7zkboqvxeett.gif

The Animations for Special Attacks scale depending on the distance the enemy is placed at the time of activation. This is done because it looks very weird to have a long reaching attack used when the enemy is only a couple feet away. It's actually really evident with Champions like Psylocke.

If you want to see the true length of any special attack, use it when your enemy is all the way across the screen (You probably won't hit them).

So there is nothing wrong in this GIF that I can tell.
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    I don't see any odd AI behaviour, neither in game nor in the videos posted on this thread.

Is the AI supposed to break your block?

cbvygwbmpswc.gif

This is not supposed to happen. Assuming that you didn't remove the block, he should not have been able to make that hit. This could be a number of different things, like an input issue and is not likely an AI issue. Either way, I'm taking your GIF to the team.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    Hit us back while we're right in the middle of hitting THEM with our two hit specials (we hit them, they get stunned, they wake up from being stunned and hit us back. how is this possible??)

I had this problem in the current AW. I wonder if it's because opponent's Limber has max. points.

• UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    edited September 2017
    I've seen a lot of my champs whiffing their attacks while in the middle of a 5 hit combo.(basically MLLLM) seen it a while ago when I was using my 5* magik against a King groot in 5.3.
    Mister @Kabam Miike, has there been any other mentions of this whiffing aswell? It's been happening more for me lately.
  • PhantomPhantom Posts: 228
    I don't see any odd AI behaviour, neither in game nor in the videos posted on this thread.

cbvygwbmpswc.gif

This is not supposed to happen. Assuming that you didn't remove the block, he should not have been able to make that hit. This could be a number of different things, like an input issue and is not likely an AI issue. Either way, I'm taking your GIF to the team.

Thank you. Can you find some of the others threads similar to this? There's a lot of proof out there. I am glad that you picked this one up, though.
  • Try turning off Notifications
    Had regular user input issues (champs attacking on own, blocks not registering, double left swipes only doing single evades) until I turned of Notifications in Settings. Still get champs attacking on their own (Kabam should ban/remove Auto Fight since that's when it started and not just for me) but don't get the number of failed blocks like I did. It's like the screen could not distinguish between my game movements and input to the banner. Plus the banners blocked the health meters so it was difficult to confirm how much life my champ or opponent had sometimes
    PS. Despite their protests, I still believe Auto Fight interferes with user experience input even in areas it's not available but that's a different rant
  • KinggyyKinggyy Posts: 37
    Acanthus wrote: »

cbvygwbmpswc.gif

He didn't, your ultron autoevaded and lost it

Watch when Ultron is against the truck. Broken block.

He even got a parry in and broke his block, unless that was a debuff/stun immune node
    edited September 2017
    How about all the other bugs and AI tricks we've mentioned?

30 seconds ago I was playing Hood in 5.3. As soon as I evaded his s1 and went for the counter he IMMEDIATELY, with lightning quick recovery blasted me with another s1 (it's a power reserve node). Don't tell me this is "normal" because I evaded 5 or 6 of his s1 using the exact same timing under the exact same situation in the same fight and all of a sudden he has a ZERO recovery period and blast me with an attack.

The AI has instant recovery from their heavy attacks and specials now. It's ridiculous.

And of course it cost me the fight and more units.
    The shenanigans just never end, do they? Here's the LATEST nonsense that I have to deal with.

Notice the split second lag and pause that prevents me from evading right before I get punched and KO'd. Since 12.0 these little mini-lags have cost us dearly at the worst possible times when we want to evade attacks or parry. And it happens all the time in all aspects of the game.

It's gotten really terrible the last 3 or 4 months, and we've been given a new giant 3-8 second lag that I'll post eventually if I can record it.

Give us a clean game please! You know how many units I've blown on these shenanigans?

wfx1lwimzyq5.gif
    edited September 2017
    The fun never stops, does it?! Lag, right before I need to evade.

I know what evading is. When it lags like that, I CAN'T DO ANYTHING.

lqltqqbtwlwm.gif
    The Animations for Special Attacks scale depending on the distance the enemy is placed at the time of activation. This is done because it looks very weird to have a long reaching attack used when the enemy is only a couple feet away. It's actually really evident with Champions like Psylocke.

If you want to see the true length of any special attack, use it when your enemy is all the way across the screen (You probably won't hit them).

So there is nothing wrong in this GIF that I can tell.[/color]

I honestly don't remember this happening pre-12.0. AI never used to suddenly get right up in your face like this.
  • Try turning off Notifications
    Had regular user input issues (champs attacking on own, blocks not registering, double left swipes only doing single evades) until I turned of Notifications in Settings. Still get champs attacking on their own (Kabam should ban/remove Auto Fight since that's when it started and not just for me) but don't get the number of failed blocks like I did. It's like the screen could not distinguish between my game movements and input to the banner. Plus the banners blocked the health meters so it was difficult to confirm how much life my champ or opponent had sometimes
    PS. Despite their protests, I still believe Auto Fight interferes with user experience input even in areas it's not available but that's a different rant

Ever since 13.0 I think, my game experience changed so that any background task that takes foreground for even an instant causes game lag, and it has gotten mostly worse over time. It used to be I could switch apps out and back to the game but now that is a pretty much guaranteed way to induce lag for a period of time. Pop up notifications almost all of the time generate lag for at least a couple of seconds.

Very recently my iPad specifically started getting extremely jumpy. I'm seeing the glitch motion thing that some players are attributing to autoplay and I have seen an exponential increase in random lag. At this point I would consider MCOC unplayable on my iPad for any content that requires solid gameplay.

Since 12 I've been commenting on my suspicion that the newer engine they swapped to in order to fix certain timing issues is not playing well with background tasks at least on iOS. I believe those issues are getting progressively worse based on my experience.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,403 ★★★
    This is costing us a ton of units. Explain what's going on here.

7zkboqvxeett.gif

I think you just explained it.
    ^Miike, the above s1 reach difference never used to happen. You can say it's the animation, but functionally it was never like this. When was this new "animation" brought in?
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    I've been noticing to more and more, mostly in aq and aw. The enemy seems to have supernatural recovery ability. I've hit them with power attacks then go to hit my special only to have them somehow readjust before they fall then block it, they still block to many combos into specials for my liking.

I've had them parry me almost every hit in the span of 30 seconds, occasionally they block or evade just about everything you throw at them.

While your controls just stop working properly like, no blocking, no going backwards just getting pumeled which repeats multiple times a fight.

They get to fire off a special two then a special one with full bars, they don't bait as often anymore, and seem more intent of spamming 3rd special.

They change tactics rapidly occasionally, they recover to quick, they respond to quick, gain extra strides, tear through blocks , predict what you're going to do amoung other things.

Even kabam has admitted there's an issue but their " fixes" haven't done anything except make it worse.

It's really annoying, and frustrating especially when you consider all the changes they made to the game in addition to all these problems and more that suck all of the fun out of the game.
  • 0pTimus0pTimus Posts: 113
    OMG uptill now it was players word but now people are actually submitting video evidences, plus iOS 11 can now record videos, kabam is in serious trouble.
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★

lqltqqbtwlwm.gif

Maybe not recording might help with your lag issues :wink:
    Acanthus wrote: »

lqltqqbtwlwm.gif

Maybe not recording might help with your lag issues :wink:

The lags happen with or without recording.
  • HuluhulaHuluhula Posts: 263
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Try turning off Notifications

Ever since 13.0 I think, my game experience changed so that any background task that takes foreground for even an instant causes game lag, and it has gotten mostly worse over time. It used to be I could switch apps out and back to the game but now that is a pretty much guaranteed way to induce lag for a period of time. Pop up notifications almost all of the time generate lag for at least a couple of seconds.

Very recently my iPad specifically started getting extremely jumpy. I'm seeing the glitch motion thing that some players are attributing to autoplay and I have seen an exponential increase in random lag. At this point I would consider MCOC unplayable on my iPad for any content that requires solid gameplay.

Since 12 I've been commenting on my suspicion that the newer engine they swapped to in order to fix certain timing issues is not playing well with background tasks at least on iOS. I believe those issues are getting progressively worse based on my experience.
    It's definitely an issue with IOS devices because I have yet to see anyone with an android device make this complaint and I notced the exact same thing since about 2-3 updates back I can no longer flip in between apps as freely as I used to without the game completely freezing or lagging
    The shenanigans just never end, do they? Here's the LATEST nonsense that I have to deal with.

Notice the split second lag and pause that prevents me from evading right before I get punched and KO'd. Since 12.0 these little mini-lags have cost us dearly at the worst possible times when we want to evade attacks or parry. And it happens all the time in all aspects of the game.

It's gotten really terrible the last 3 or 4 months, and we've been given a new giant 3-8 second lag that I'll post eventually if I can record it.

Give us a clean game please! You know how many units I've blown on these shenanigans?

wfx1lwimzyq5.gif

all I can see is you losing? Nothing wrong at all with the AI, you just lost mate

wfx1lwimzyq5.gif

all I can see is you losing? Nothing wrong at all with the AI, you just lost mate

After I use Vision's L2 you don't notice the giant lag/frame skip that makes me unable to do anything except get hit?
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    For two weeks my characters have been charging heavies mid combo and sometimes when I'm
    Baiting and running towards the opponent with no thumbs anywhere near the screen, this is on top of tHe swipes registering about half the time, rampant lag and blocks just dropping off, 'within the next few updates' is not an acceptable timeframe to bring in this fix, the game is no longer playable at proper levels, only way I'm surviving aq at the moment is that my r5 wolvie is such a good healer
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    @DD2 Yeah... I saw the screen pause for a split second. The one that kills me is the app switching, particularly if I get a battery alert. When you resume the game, it will start and then freeze and you're not sure when it is actually going to resume, in the mean time the AI can launch attacks the moment it starts but you're left tapping the screen wondering whether your block will be up.

The other day I was doing proving grounds for T3B, Voodoo's light attack swiped right through the middle of my opponent, no hit was detected and then they started hitting me. Literally, his staff passed through my opponent. It didn't matter because it was proving grounds, but if that happened to me in AQ or AW.... I would be pissed.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    edited September 2017

wfx1lwimzyq5.gif

After I use Vision's L2 you don't notice the giant lag/frame skip that makes me unable to do anything except get hit?

I unfortunately from experience know exactly what you faced here

Against harder ai at times I am scared to trigger a sp or if they trigger one. That split second drop leaves you completely exposed with no control.and the ai always manages to capitalize on it

I play on android