Options

Extending the Beginner and Intermediate bracket

So I spent a few bucks on the very first day I downloaded this game and as I am now approaching the end of my 2nd month I have spent something like $80.00. I am not a blubbery whale by that standard but I do not mind the occassional spending as long as I feel I can catch up and be competitive. With the introduction of 6 stars looming it is looking like an impossible and daunting task to ever catch up to the players that have played this game for more than a year.

Don't make the same mistake as comics and stagnate with just the old players and whales. Try to also cater to us new players who are casual spenders. We do not mind spending occassionally and doing the grind as long as we enjoy the game and feel we have a chance at catching up and being more competitive. We pay (every now and then) and we grind and that's okay, but asking everyone new to spend hundreds of dollars just to catch up is just greedy and myopic. Cater to the casual spenders too. The game loop is flexible and can allow to cater to different spenders but you are too focused on the whales most of the time.

One suggestion I have is extending the early player brackets to a 3rd month. I hope I can still benefit from this but given corporate proceedings I doubt it. :-(

Anyway, in the long run this may even make you more money as you tap more to the new eager players who want to catch up and all the other casual spenders still playing. While a 3rd month will not even help us halfway to where other veteran players are, it may be enough to keep us eager and casually spending to try and catch up once we move to the veteran bracket.

If you do earn thousands more from this suggestion I expect consultancy bonus LoL.

Overall though, thanks and great job! This is why it is okay for me to spend sometimes btw, because it is also a way to show appreciation to a well made game.

P.S.
You need to add a way to indicate when players go to different brackets by the way. I think you need to inform new players clearly that the first months are a chance to catch up to veteran players while they can. Took some time for me to realize and even more time to figure out how to tell if I am still not veteran bracket. But I still don't know for sure when I will be moving to the veteran's bracket!

Comments

• Options
    MyTaffyMyTaffy Posts: 144
    When I started to play, I did not even know the bracket existed and so what? I am still enjoying the game.