Options

Huge crystal opening and Rank up decision help!

Ya_Boi_28Ya_Boi_28 Posts: 3,050 ★★★★★
edited August 2020 in Strategy and Tips
https://youtu.be/FDAcAcaHz4U
So I've just completed V5 and I have a lot of gold and a 4-5 gem that I can put to good use. However, the question is who! I only have enough t5b to r5/r2 one champ and use the gem. Who should I do?

As far as content I want to do, I really need someone that can be helpful in Variants and general Questing (Like Cav EQ). Also, Anyone that is good for AW defense would be great (Considering putting torch on the Rage node in war).

Top Roster:

Huge crystal opening and Rank up decision help! 50 votes

R5 Stealthy Only
6%
Thicco_ModeChikelShøcker 3 votes
R5 Blade Only
0%
R2 Torch
32%
BrokenLmaoplayinggameletKDSuperFlash10OGAvengerHedronEdeuinkMasterpuffPlinkoBlizzard28NEIDER11Rap027Hoodie25Rayaan_2000Yodabolt21LBreaker 16 votes
R2 Sunspot
14%
AdvXva23BLACKMILKTEA_88Renaxqqodishika123shield456The_Sentry06 7 votes
R2 Morningstar
0%
R5 Longshot (My Favorite Champ in game)
34%
SnakeEyes69TendersquadNoodes_RoOOtsGamesbond90GwenpoolManNothing_hereBonzodavidYa_Boi_28Doctor_Strange19ŘïdđhįmMuffinBrainmanan_44MrGreekLawnchairCowabungaBruhツ 17 votes
R5 GROOT (I won't do this btw)
10%
TheKillerSporkSpideyFunkolowlevelplayerJohnyBoyCrcrcrc 5 votes
R5/R2 Multiple Champs (Pls Specify)
2%
Erocks 1 vote
Lemme see the rest of your roster
2%
Joshua_Eivers 1 vote
Other
0%
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    ErocksErocks Posts: 294 ★★
    For now, R5 Stealthy and R2 Torch. Your 6* luck is insane.
  • Options
    Noodes_Noodes_ Posts: 113
    R5 Longshot (My Favorite Champ in game)
    Rank up champs that you like
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,827 ★★★★★
    R5 GROOT (I won't do this btw)
    you do you like most? Rank them up.

After Groot
  • Options
    ErocksErocks Posts: 294 ★★

you do you like most? Rank them up.

After Groot

I am GROOT
  • Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    R2 Torch
    Yo your 6 star luck is MENTAL! I’m out here pulling Black Panthers and Rocket Raccoons while you’re out here with yo Sunspot and Torch. Also, great video, I’ll make sure to sub!
  • Options
    R2 Torch
    I would either go Torch or Longshot. But if I were you, I would go Longshot. He’s your favorite champion, he’s soooo good, and this game is about having fun. Anyways, Torch at 6* r1 is still gonna be super powerful for all sorts of mystic and regen matchups.
  • Options
    R2 Torch
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

Yo your 6 star luck is MENTAL! I’m out here pulling Black Panthers and Rocket Raccoons while you’re out here with yo Sunspot and Torch. Also, great video, I’ll make sure to sub!

Thanks for the kind words! I really appreciate it! Hopefully your luck can turn around!

As far as who to rank, it's so hard to decide between Torch, Longshot and Stealthy! However, I think I know what I'm going to do now.

After looking over Torch's abilities, I have decided that I'm going to rank him up first. He counters miss, has heal block, and can handle mystics very nicely. All of this is very helpful for Act 6, Questing, and AW!

My second rank up is going to be Longshot. I love Longshot and I feel like he's become kinda underrated. His extreme burst damage on his L2 overshadows his great burst damage on his L1 as well as his great interaction with power gain effects. I'll need more t2a to do this but I feel like I'm confident in my decision to take him up over Sym Supreme.

I am not going to use my 4-5 gem at the moment. Stealthy and Blade are great champs, but they both have their downsides. Stealthy has amazing damage and easy access to slow. However, I really don't like using glass cannons.
    Blade is a great champ, but the reason I really like him is because of his big AAR against villains. However, he needs 2 additional synergy champs to do that. I don't like champs like that. I also don't have Deep Wounds (That's a me problem) and I don't necessarily need a skill bleed champ atm.
    I'll be holding the gem in case I pull NF and I'll make my decision later.
    Thanks! I also have a ton of rank up choices atm and one of the contenders is Torch. I am debating between Torch, Hype, and Corvus to r5. Since I don't run suicides, I'm thinking #1 Hype #2 Torch #3 Corvus. Thanks to the 7 hour free crystals, I got the 2k glory 4 whopping times! All I need is T2As right now and I'm sure I can get them from the glory store and from the Omega Boss Rushes. I'll be taking up Hype and Torch in the next month (my 5th and 6th r5s) and Corvus probably in September. Gold and catalysts are not an issue, iso is. It used to be the opposite lol.

As for your case, I think either choice is good. And you're doing both, so that's what matters. 1st or 2nd, 2nd or 1st, it doesn't really matter. You'll be ranking both up. Torch is an absolutely phenomenal champion, I bring him into any quests with mystics, energy champs, regen, miss mechanic, or DOT. He's got so much utility and he's so fun to play. As for Longshot, I do agree. He's become quite underrated. Many people sleep on him. But he's amazing and his sp2 can hit like a truck in the right matchups. It's always good to have a strong mystic at r5. Just as a PSA from right now, in your video you said that you need a counter for 6.2.2 Sinister and when you get that counter, from looking at your roster, I think you'll be fine for all of the rest of the fights in 6.2 (Void for 6.2.5 Mordo). You're gonna need that Sym Supreme for the 6.2.6 Champion fight so badly tho. Sym Supreme makes it soooo easy. Since the Champion gains so many buffs, it's sp3 sp2 sp2 sp3 sp2 sp2 sp3 again and again with Sym Supreme and you only need 3/5 points in mystic dispersion. I think I did the entire Champion fight in 1 revive (messed up once at 40%). I quit out of the fight at 10% and finished with Cap IW. He was fully healthy so it was super easy. I blocked 3 sp1's, launched my sp2, and won the match. Sym Supreme can do the last 10% pretty easily as well but I just wanted to finish it quick and open up my 6 star crystal (I got Sabretooth which was awesome because that incentivized me to r5 my Omega Red). You're also gonna need Sym Supreme for the 6.3.1 Medusa. It's a do you bleed medusa meaning she takes 100% less damage from everything but bleed but she also takes 200% more bleed damage which is just a Sym Supreme party because you can nullify her furies to gain power then spam specials and bleed her to death. It's a pretty long fight because only bleeds can do damage but he's one of the best options for that fight, if not the best. After you get past Sinister, you're gonna practically need Sym Supreme at r4 for The Champion and Medusa. But that's the thing, you only need him at r4. I would also stick on a 10% boost or something to make him a bit stronger cuz those are some chunky fights. As long as you can r4 Sym Supreme, you'll be good for those fights. That's the farthest I've gotten in story content so far. I tried beating Nick Fury with a r4 Omega Red but I couldn't do it because he wasn't r5 and I wasn't playing too well. I'll be going in relatively soon (attack values nerfed which is awesome) to actually do it this time with my r5 OR with the Sabretooth and Colossus synergy. I'm going full on. After that, I don't what my future in Act 6 is. I think I have counters to the big bosses coming up but I have to rank up some of them.

As for your skill 4-5 gem, I think you're making the right choice in not taking Blade to r5. He's a great champion, but for him to be worth r5, he needs to have both Stark Spidey and GR on the same team. Now Sparky is a great champion but he's a glass cannon and you said you don't really like glass cannons. The attack values in Act 6 will kill him so quickly. As for Ghost Rider, he's just not good enough in Act 6 when there's mystic champs like Doom, Sym Supreme, BWCV, Longshot, and Sorc Supreme who can do things much better and faster than him. I personally would r5 Stealth Spidey at some point in the future because of his great damage and utility, but if you don't like him cuz he's a glass cannon, don't do it. I as well am not too much a fan of glass cannons. I like champs with enough block proficiency and health to survive. Wait for Nick Fury imo. That gem will be waiting for you to rank him up when you do get him in the future.

And also, you can do the Abyss rn... You have Aegon (path clearer), Human Torch (mystic and regen killer), Sym Supreme (He's #2 to Doom in the mystic class for the Abyss. In fact, he's better than Doom for the easy path), and Void (2nd choice to HT). Just keep in mind that Brian Grant did a completion run of the Abyss with Sabretooth, Sasquatch, Void, Killmonger, and Corvus. Your team as it is rn is way better than that. With enough units, I mean... you could do it... You have the holy grail... Aegon. Just something to keep in mind for the future...

Wow, this was long. I hope you find this helpful.
  • Options
    R2 Torch
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

Ya_Boi_28 said:

Thanks for the kind words! I really appreciate it! Hopefully your luck can turn around!

As far as who to rank, it's so hard to decide between Torch, Longshot and Stealthy! However, I think I know what I'm going to do now.

After looking over Torch's abilities, I have decided that I'm going to rank him up first. He counters miss, has heal block, and can handle mystics very nicely. All of this is very helpful for Act 6, Questing, and AW!

My second rank up is going to be Longshot. I love Longshot and I feel like he's become kinda underrated. His extreme burst damage on his L2 overshadows his great burst damage on his L1 as well as his great interaction with power gain effects. I'll need more t2a to do this but I feel like I'm confident in my decision to take him up over Sym Supreme.

I am not going to use my 4-5 gem at the moment. Stealthy and Blade are great champs, but they both have their downsides. Stealthy has amazing damage and easy access to slow. However, I really don't like using glass cannons.
    Blade is a great champ, but the reason I really like him is because of his big AAR against villains. However, he needs 2 additional synergy champs to do that. I don't like champs like that. I also don't have Deep Wounds (That's a me problem) and I don't necessarily need a skill bleed champ atm.
    I'll be holding the gem in case I pull NF and I'll make my decision later.
    Thanks! I also have a ton of rank up choices atm and one of the contenders is Torch. I am debating between Torch, Hype, and Corvus to r5. Since I don't run suicides, I'm thinking #1 Hype #2 Torch #3 Corvus. Thanks to the 7 hour free crystals, I got the 2k glory 4 whopping times! All I need is T2As right now and I'm sure I can get them from the glory store and from the Omega Boss Rushes. I'll be taking up Hype and Torch in the next month (my 5th and 6th r5s) and Corvus probably in September. Gold and catalysts are not an issue, iso is. It used to be the opposite lol.

As for your case, I think either choice is good. And you're doing both, so that's what matters. 1st or 2nd, 2nd or 1st, it doesn't really matter. You'll be ranking both up. Torch is an absolutely phenomenal champion, I bring him into any quests with mystics, energy champs, regen, miss mechanic, or DOT. He's got so much utility and he's so fun to play. As for Longshot, I do agree. He's become quite underrated. Many people sleep on him. But he's amazing and his sp2 can hit like a truck in the right matchups. It's always good to have a strong mystic at r5. Just as a PSA from right now, in your video you said that you need a counter for 6.2.2 Sinister and when you get that counter, from looking at your roster, I think you'll be fine for all of the rest of the fights in 6.2 (Void for 6.2.5 Mordo). You're gonna need that Sym Supreme for the 6.2.6 Champion fight so badly tho. Sym Supreme makes it soooo easy. Since the Champion gains so many buffs, it's sp3 sp2 sp2 sp3 sp2 sp2 sp3 again and again with Sym Supreme and you only need 3/5 points in mystic dispersion. I think I did the entire Champion fight in 1 revive (messed up once at 40%). I quit out of the fight at 10% and finished with Cap IW. He was fully healthy so it was super easy. I blocked 3 sp1's, launched my sp2, and won the match. Sym Supreme can do the last 10% pretty easily as well but I just wanted to finish it quick and open up my 6 star crystal (I got Sabretooth which was awesome because that incentivized me to r5 my Omega Red). You're also gonna need Sym Supreme for the 6.3.1 Medusa. It's a do you bleed medusa meaning she takes 100% less damage from everything but bleed but she also takes 200% more bleed damage which is just a Sym Supreme party because you can nullify her furies to gain power then spam specials and bleed her to death. It's a pretty long fight because only bleeds can do damage but he's one of the best options for that fight, if not the best. After you get past Sinister, you're gonna practically need Sym Supreme at r4 for The Champion and Medusa. But that's the thing, you only need him at r4. I would also stick on a 10% boost or something to make him a bit stronger cuz those are some chunky fights. As long as you can r4 Sym Supreme, you'll be good for those fights. That's the farthest I've gotten in story content so far. I tried beating Nick Fury with a r4 Omega Red but I couldn't do it because he wasn't r5 and I wasn't playing too well. I'll be going in relatively soon (attack values nerfed which is awesome) to actually do it this time with my r5 OR with the Sabretooth and Colossus synergy. I'm going full on. After that, I don't what my future in Act 6 is. I think I have counters to the big bosses coming up but I have to rank up some of them.

As for your skill 4-5 gem, I think you're making the right choice in not taking Blade to r5. He's a great champion, but for him to be worth r5, he needs to have both Stark Spidey and GR on the same team. Now Sparky is a great champion but he's a glass cannon and you said you don't really like glass cannons. The attack values in Act 6 will kill him so quickly. As for Ghost Rider, he's just not good enough in Act 6 when there's mystic champs like Doom, Sym Supreme, BWCV, Longshot, and Sorc Supreme who can do things much better and faster than him. I personally would r5 Stealth Spidey at some point in the future because of his great damage and utility, but if you don't like him cuz he's a glass cannon, don't do it. I as well am not too much a fan of glass cannons. I like champs with enough block proficiency and health to survive. Wait for Nick Fury imo. That gem will be waiting for you to rank him up when you do get him in the future.

And also, you can do the Abyss rn... You have Aegon (path clearer), Human Torch (mystic and regen killer), Sym Supreme (He's #2 to Doom in the mystic class for the Abyss. In fact, he's better than Doom for the easy path), and Void (2nd choice to HT). Just keep in mind that Brian Grant did a completion run of the Abyss with Sabretooth, Sasquatch, Void, Killmonger, and Corvus. Your team as it is rn is way better than that. With enough units, I mean... you could do it... You have the holy grail... Aegon. Just something to keep in mind for the future...

Wow, this was long. I hope you find this helpful.
    This was very helpful! One Thing I do want to note though is that 6.2 Champion is not a problem at all. Sym would be great for the 100-10% Phase, but Stealthy, Morningstar at 5 Souls and Shulk can handle hem pretty well and Sym would be overkill. I do definitely want Sym at r4 still though.

Also, I am able to do 6.2 Sinster with my current roster. It's just a personal choice not to. I could rank up cap marvel classic or kamala and just unit him down. Or I could go in with shulk and remove all points from the precision mastery. As far as the rest of 6.2 and 6.3, I pretty much have it covered.

As far as abyss... it could be very interesting if I actually did a path. The T5CC wouldn't be helpful and The Collector would be a nightmare. One of these days I'll do it... once I git gud!
    Glad to be able to help bro.

I was too focused talking bout Sym Supreme that I forgot you actually have a ton of counters already ranked up. This fight should be a breeze for ya! 😂

A fully boosted Cap Marvel Classic or Kamala at r3 would prolly be able to take him down with units.

I have 1 of the actual horseman of the abyss (Torch. I also have Void as a secondary option.) and 1 secondary horsemen (Sym Supreme). I also have Corvus for the Collector fight. I'm waiting for Aegon, Doom, and Nick Fury (less needed). Mainly Aegon. But idk if I could sit through the abyss. It's just so long lol. Maybe some day.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,853 ★★★★★
    Congrats on the torch, the reaction was priceless. Definitely r2 torch. As for the rest i’ll comment below.

Stealthy - very good champ, but ideally requires good intercepting skills, if you parry a lot , I would hold off on this.

Blade - No

You already have Aegon, so unless you pull fury , Id hold off on ranking any skills. Same logic goes for mutant champs since you have colossus maxed.

Rank torch, then hold the rank up resources and either 1) go for cosmic/tech dual crystals (probably your best bet) or 2) mystic/science since it has a ton of great champs. If you go with option 2, I’d hold off on r5ing longshot in case you pull claire/doom/sorcerer