**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

An alternative to rank-down tickets

Comments

• MCCXVI wrote: »
    Qwerty wrote: »
    MCCXVI wrote: »
    This is very sad to see - the selfishness of some people - so what if I rank down a champion - it makes me happy - so what - if you do not want to rank down, then that's fine - but there are many people who want to - do people ranking down their champions actually hurt you - if somebody's happiness causes you sadness and grief, then I feel really sorry for you - God bless.

you don't think it's selfish to screw with the prestige game and screw over the other alliances/players who earned more rank up materials for their champs to get where they are?

I have been playing this game since the beginning - I no longer partake in Alliance affairs for more than a year now - I have spent thousands of dollars on this game and continue to spend - it is my only vice in life and my wife absolutely hates me for it - so do my children - I play this game for fun - Prestige, AQ, and AW have no meaning for me - I just want to adjust my roster - for example, to rank down a 4* R5 Magik to R3 a 5* Guillotine - what is so wrong with this - T4CCs are like gold dust to me - I do not believe I am hurting anyone - I just want to play the game and continue to have fun with it - is this too much to ask?

In a single player game, no. In a multiplayer game, yes. In a multiplayer game, you forfeit the right to say no one else should care about what you want and what you get at the door. That's basically rule zero about MMOs. At some point, everyone thinks it. You're not alone. But no MMO indulges that idea.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    R4GE wrote: »
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    It's basically the same thing as rank down tickets

Maybe the OP is onto something. Anyone notice the thread was actually approved by a mod? lol

Yep, because he is not asking for RDT He is trying to come up with a compromise for those that just did things like grind and spend a lot of time of resources on champs like Dormammu for the sole purpose of using them in AW defense.

Those that have the smaller rosters are the ones hurt the most by the change. I'm fortunate enough, and have played long enough, this has had no real impact on me but this is very discouraging to newer players.

When part of the argument for the change to AW and eliminating defender kills was to as @Kabam Miike, put it "make players not feel like they are helping the other alliance" then this suggestion makes a lot of sense because right now players ARE helping the other alliance by not having a lot unique champions and they have already spent their resources based on ranking for the old system which was just thrown out on them out of nowhere.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    The way some of you argue, I get the feeling that you assume people are asking for the amount they gave out after 12.0, witch is silly. IMO, they should 100% issue either 5 generic tickets on 6 class specific tickets to allow people to readjust their defense. That wouldn't break the game or destroy prestige like some are trying yo argue.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    edited September 2017
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    It's basically the same thing as rank down tickets

Maybe the OP is onto something. Anyone notice the thread was actually approved by a mod? lol

Yep, because he is not asking for RDT He is trying to come up with a compromise for those that just did things like grind and spend a lot of time of resources on champs like Dormammu for the sole purpose of using them in AW defense.

Those that have the smaller rosters are the ones hurt the most by the change. I'm fortunate enough, and have played long enough, this has had no real impact on me but this is very discouraging to newer players.

When part of the argument for the change to AW and eliminating defender kills was to as @Kabam Miike, put it "make players not feel like they are helping the other alliance" then this suggestion makes a lot of sense because right now players ARE helping the other alliance by not having a lot unique champions and they have already spent their resources based on ranking for the old system which was just thrown out on them out of nowhere.

I had to edit this whole thing because I thought you quoted a different comment I made.

The OP did ask for RDT's. Just RDT's with a minor change

Smaller rosters weren't hit as hard as those with much larger rosters who used way more resources for r5 4*s and r4 5*s. I don't understand that argument.

Your third argument I have no clue what you were getting at
    Herein lies the fundamental problem which I try to avoid going into in-depth for too long, because it generally meets with opposition and personal feelings.
    The changes, in my opinion, were brought about in part because of the same strong sense of preference exhibited here. With so much emphasis on gaining Kills in Defense, it created a value system where the Players valued the same few Champs, and considered the rest useless. With that being the entire focus for Ranking decisions, it created blinders for the actual value of Champs. They are neither actually nor literally useless. The fact that Allies had multiples of these Champs to maximize Defense difficulty is in effect, what led to Diversity. That's not a form of punishment. It's a response to the multiple issues created by that. Not only the system and its homeostasis, or the difficulty and frustration with the same Champs in Defense, but the actual value of other Champs themselves. It became such popular opinion that people quite literally started believing the other 90 some Champs are worthless. That's a direct result of the competitive nature of War that had come. It's not the first time we've seen changes come about because of a similar issue. Quite frankly, we have over 100 Champs, and regardless of popular opinion, they are not useless outside of War. They're simply different from each other. Notwithstanding the similarities some have, as in MM and CM for example, they are intended to be used as much as we can.
    The onus is not on the design that people Ranked multiples of those Champs. Meaning, "Kabam" did not make people Rank the "best" by making the rest "garbage". There have actually been many introductions of things since War has been introduced, and it was a culmination of things. Now, were the Players somehow at fault? No. It's common to try and maximize efficiency in gaming. However, asking for Resources to do the very thing that led to an issue is a bit contradictory. The Champs we Ranked and used up until now are still useful. We may not be able to use them at the same time as others due to Diversity, but use that Champ anywhere else in the game, and they still perform the same as they did, at that Rank. Somewhere along the lines people lost sight of the fact that Ranking everything we can is how we advance, and that's due to such strong emphasis on the old War paradigm, at least in part. Bottom line, it may be strong opinion and it may be popular opinion, but the Champs themselves are not in fact rendered useless. They're just not boosted by War Nodes to get Kills, and thus Points. Which we chose to do. The Champs are still the same. Tickets are for major changes to Champs (nerfs). Not to shift our Roster to constantly have the "best", or to make up for decisions we regret.

Wrong.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I would definitely abuse 5. As would everyone in my alliance. You can’t get everything you want just because you want it. Just save up the resources to rank new champs. That’s what you do in this game
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    The way some of you argue, I get the feeling that you assume people are asking for the amount they gave out after 12.0, witch is silly. IMO, they should 100% issue either 5 generic tickets on 6 class specific tickets to allow people to readjust their defense. That wouldn't break the game or destroy prestige like some are trying yo argue.

Prestige is based on 5 champs so yes 5 would shift prestige alot

So are only a certain number of players allowed to change their prestige with RDTs and the rest could not? Because that's what your argument sounds like.
    No, he’s saying everyone would get to change their stats like prestige by taking advantage of RDTs. Some get to abuse them more than others
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    No, he’s saying everyone would get to change their stats like prestige by taking advantage of RDTs. Some get to abuse them more than others

The last line is wrong and is the whole reason for your selfish argument.
    What do you mean the last line is wrong? I know plenty of end game players who could change their prestige more than any early or mid game player. Those end game players that have plenty of featured 5* will have way better roster than even someone like me who is an end game player but doesn’t have close to the same champs they have.

Selfish would be demanding RDT's given out for uses they were never intended for.
    That’s not a reason for my argument at all. I don’t want to handouts for mistakes I regret making. I chose where to allocate my resources and I’m fine with that. I want more resources to rank more champs.
    Exactly as @R4GE said. If I was being selfish like you are anyone who wants RDTs I would say I want them because I regret ranking up IM to rank 3 because he was my only duped 5*. I don’t regret that even though I have an ultron I want to take up that I didn’t have at the time. I play the game the way it’s intended and just get more resources
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★

No. What he meant was some would be able to abuse them. Not that some are entitled to abuse them.
    edited September 2017
    Also, I’m not just against the end game players being able to abuse them more than players who haven’t been around as long. They have no use for them. They dont have the champs to utilize them. A lot of players trying to catch the top tier seem to want these the most because they want to redo their roster because of regrets. Smart rank ups = no regrets later. Also not my fault or Kabams if your alliance peer pressured you into ranking champs that you wish you didn’t rank or you just didn’t like a champ that had a purpose but now doesn’t. I have plenty of 5/50 champs I used at one point that I don’t now. They served their purpose and now I rank new champs for new content
    What do you mean the last line is wrong? I know plenty of end game players who could change their prestige more than any early or mid game player. Those end game players that have plenty of featured 5* will have way better roster than even someone like me who is an end game player but doesn’t have close to the same champs they have.

In the short term you're right. In the long term, these are just returning resources that you've earned and used on a champ, which can go to those same champs the other guy used them on. You are not forced to use the rank-down materials immediately.

Fear of someone having a better roster than you is a incredibly selfish reason to oppose something that would help that vast majority of players.

No. What he meant was some would be able to abuse them. Not that some are entitled to abuse them.

That is not even close to what he was saying.
  • andrade5184andrade5184 Posts: 285 ★★

who cares it would all balance out and with talk of 6* champs and the fact that we cant even r5 a 5* this doesnt matter in the grand scheme of things

I
    Fear of someone having a better roster than you is a incredibly selfish reason to oppose something that would help that vast majority of players.

Even I can tell you twisted his words there to fit your agenda. Argue or debate with validity. Don't make things up

who cares it would all balance out and with talk of 6* champs and the fact that we cant even r5 a 5* this doesnt matter in the grand scheme of things
    Now theres an argument I think we could both come to terms on LOL! But thats not for this thread, another time maybe lol
    why do you think this about other people having better rosters than me? I stated people with better rosters can have a better use of RDTs than people with worse rosters. I know there are plenty of people with roster better than me. If I was as selfish as you claim I am then I would be for RDT so I could better my roster. I want to better my roster by earning it. That’s how I enjoy this game. I don’t have a bid ego to think that this issue revolves around my roster. You are assuming things I did not say or just don’t understand my posts.

Selfish would be demanding RDT's given out for uses they were never intended for.

RDTs are for when champs or the content is significantly changed. The changes to AW are well within the vague lines of RDTs.

Miike even said, "Champions that you think right now might be less useful than they were before, might just become your favorites again". That strongly implied that the value/usefulness of champions has changed.
    edited September 2017
    RDTS help some people’s rosters more than others which is exactly why I’m against them. I’m not against it because it helps people. It gives an advantage for players with larger rosters. I’m not against it because it helps the players above me more than me. I’m not against it for the lower tier guys. I’m against it for the sake of this game. It’s not about someone having a better roster than me. I could care less about that. I know I would never have the best roster from Day 1
    edited September 2017
    No @RagamugginGunner . You clearly don’t know what RDTs are for if you think they are for content changes. They were introduced because champs abilities were changed. Kabam gave a way to rank down more than just that champ to players. They were never brought out for content changes and never will be
    RDTS help some people’s rosters more than others which is exactly why I’m against them. I’m not against it because it helps people. It gives an advantage for players with larger rosters. I’m not against it because it helps the players above me more than me. I’m not against it for the lower tier guys. I’m against it for the sake of this game. It’s not about someone having a better roster than me. I could care less about that. I know I would never have the best roster from Day 1

Like I said, fear that RDTs will help someone more than you as your whole basis of opposing them is selfish.
    edited September 2017

RDTs are for when champs or the content is significantly changed. The changes to AW are well within the vague lines of RDTs.

Miike even said, "Champions that you think right now might be less useful than they were before, might just become your favorites again". That strongly implied that the value/usefulness of champions has changed.

No champs were changed. And when RDT's were introduced champs were nerfed and the entire fundamentals of the game were altered. Your comparing the entire game as a whole changing vs AW alone, and AW is still going through changes that none of us no where its gonna end.

As for what Miike said, Im well aware of this since I quote it often. It was not an unknown fact to us or Kabam that diversity was gonna remove who we might use as defenders so its not like he was covering tracks there to suggest mistakes were made on devaluing champs. There intentions were clear to give us a new strategy to remove some known defenders for diversity, as flawed as it was. Our feedback was heard and they made a change to diversity. No need for RDT's there
    Value is relative to a player. RDTs were for actual stat changes on champs. Those 2 define usefulness to a player but only one directly affects the champion itself

Like I said, fear that RDTs will help someone more than you as your whole basis of opposing them is selfish.

I think you're neglecting the fact that we all use them in the same manor
    @RagamugginGunner It’s not all about me. I’m sure your world revolves around you and your roster but mine doesn’t. I fear the advantage I gain over players with worse rosters as well. I don’t want an unfair advantage over someone else. That’s like cheating to me. I don’t want no part of that. You might be fine with it but I’m not. You only take some of my words and use them to help you argument. You think I just fear higher players. I’m a higher player to some and I know I would get more benefit out of RDTs than they would and that’s unfair to me
This discussion has been closed.