**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Red guardian fans

GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
Hey guys, I just got a 5 stars guardian and I recall there was a lot of hype abot him when was released but now I don't think anybody mention him.

I think i'll r5 him since I have resources but what do you guys think of him, there must be some kind of expert on using him so I hear your opinions.

Comments

• Options
    spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    There’s no one better in the right matchups and he's a good overall champ too. I don’t use mine a ton because I’ve got a lot of options, but he’s solid across the board. A bit limited by stun immunity if you’re needing to use the heavy/refresh technique but still usable in near every matchup (I guess buffed up wouldn’t work for him).
  • Options
    AngryYoshiAngryYoshi Posts: 136
    I love mine. Pulled him about 3 weeks ago. I watched lagacys video on him and Since I’ve been saving science resources I awoke and max sig him after watching it. Solid damage and I bring him almost every quest. Fact he doesn’t generate buffs is a unique ability and hasn’t really been to much of a downside. His sp2 with 15 stacks does some solid damage. My rotation is sp1, then heavy to refresh debuffs and sp2. For longer fights I do sp1,sp3,sp2 and heavy inbetween to keep debuffs refreshed. But I’m highly enjoying my red guardian. Solid damage and utility. Do not regret r5 sig 200 at all.
    I’m no expert by any means with him but he’s pretty simple to use. Hope you enjoy him!! Awesome pull!
  • Options
    He is in fact still an amazing champ. I think the main reason people stopped talking about him is that almost NOBODY has him at all. Hes pretty high up there on my wishlist. I'm jealous.
  • Options
    Really good to know, I'm hoping I get a science awakening gem then. Thanks so much for the feedback.

Also, I just realized that no buffs means no buffet node so that's awesome.
  • Options
    AngryYoshiAngryYoshi Posts: 136
    @Gildenlow he’s perfect for buffet, spite, dorm or any mystic dispersion champ. Or any node that punishes you for having a buff.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    i use mine quite often ... not taking debuffs is so clutch ... he hits harder than people give him credit for too. and not to mention being able to block unblockable has come in handy a few times for me.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    I’m at 100k shards now, Ive been hoarding just for when he gets added to the basic pool so I can hit those dual crystals
  • Options
    I have been using him and he is actually pretty good, damage is good and nice sustanibility since perfect block available.

I think the most amazing thing is slow debuff that can last forever and no buff whatsoever, I'm an end game player but dormmamu still terrifies me.