Options

Aegon worth waiting for? (Usage outside of Labyrinth)

GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
edited September 2020 in Strategy and Tips
Hi,
Ever since the dual crystals I have been opening skill and mutant to get Aegon. I have an awekening gem and rougly 124 sig stones with his name on it.
But I am wondering if it is truly worth it for me. And I thought I might get some help from the community with certain viewpoints.
I mostly want Aegon for Labyrinth, where I still need to do an initial clear for and later on abyss. But there are also other champs I would like to get.
Labyrinth and Abyss are not pieces of content I think I will enjoy but I still want to do an initial clear.
My current options for labyrinth are a 5/65 ghost with full synergies or a 5/65 sabretooth, with omega, sasquatch and magneto synergie (magneto will go to r5 soon for tech/metal enemies)

I also still need to explore act 6. But I do not own a 5* wasp to bring for synergie.
My current attackers are: Corvus, Omega, Sabretooth, Nick Fury, Ghost (once I have the synergie), Warlock, Domino (full trinity), Nebula, Cap IW, BWCV, Doom 6*
I run full suicides and am currently also leveling up Magneto Red and Captain Marvel Movie.

The only reason I am opening skill/mutant is aegon. I like colossus but feel he doesn`t work with my masteries.
My other option is opening science/mystic because I still want Wasp and Quake. But would also like Gulk and Torch.

The big question is do I wait for Aegon to go to the next crystal. Or is Aegon only worth it for labyrinth/Abyss with my current team. Or are there paths in act 6 that will become immensely easier if I have him?

Sorry for the long post, hope you guys can give me some insight on which of the 2 crystals is worth it more. And if Aegon is worth waiting for if you are not really interested in Labyrinth (and also have 2 pretty good alternatives)

Comments

• Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    Yeah he’s really useful in act 6 but maybe you don’t need him with those other champs.
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,942 ★★★★★
    He is an immensely useful champ for all long content. I think he is worth the wait
  • Options
    manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    who ever you can get first nick and aegon
  • Options
    Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 981 ★★★★
    Aegon is MVP FOR LOL AND AOL.

Aegon was my MVP for the Omega Boss Rush. He finished up the Doom Boss in 20 hits lol

Aegon is useful too for AQ map5 bosses HT and Mr. F

Aegon has his usage in Act 6 as well.

Aegon has occasional use in Aw.
  • Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,350 ★★★★
    Ægon will get more and more important. He‘s awesome for long Incursion Runs (with enemies at 150k and more/new Sector 8). He might be useful for new Cavalier stuff, too.
  • Options
    PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    edited September 2020
    I’ve just explored 6.1 and now I’m working on 6.2. I’m using Aegon with suicides. Any suggestion that Aegon is only good for LOL/Abyss is just plain wrong. His main utility for me is he shrugs all debuffs and hits HARD.

I run him with Proxima and Corvus most of the time in act 6, plus 2 others depending on the path.
  • Options
    Thank you all for your replies. I will keep opening mutant/skill crystals and will move on to science/mystic after I`ve pulled Aegon.
  • Options
    QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Aegon was my act 6 mvp. Especially in the later chapters, I've only done a completion run but I don't think I'd of been able to do that without him. Once you get him to over 100 hits fights become a lot easier. In 6.4 with suicides he was averaging 30-40 hit fights on paths.
  • Options
    RoKoPlayzzzRoKoPlayzzz Posts: 242
    SELL ÆGON. I'm joking, he is an amazing character so I would recommend waiting for him.
  • Options
    Qfury said:

Aegon was my act 6 mvp. Especially in the later chapters, I've only done a completion run but I don't think I'd of been able to do that without him. Once you get him to over 100 hits fights become a lot easier. In 6.4 with suicides he was averaging 30-40 hit fights on paths.

That is very promising. It was Corvus for me with completion. But he needed to be boosted up to the max and with 200% power boost aswell. 30-40 hits seems awesome.