**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

15.0 Alliance Wars Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    HeywoodHeywood Posts: 49
    edited September 2017

Edit - My bad. Got me too... lol
  • Options
    hurricanthurricant Posts: 515 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    I hope there is an update today before the new wars tomorrow so people can prepare
  • Options
    R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    FAL7EN wrote: »
    hurricant wrote: »
    FAL7EN wrote: »
    Heywood wrote: »
    fmbw4x1t7dgd.png

Awesome. 1.5 mil higher rated alliance. We play better and will lose because they ranked up bad champs.

Fix the damn game.

Adapt lol

If we place our highest ranked unique defenders, and face an alliance with 1 million rating above us, how can we adapt? wtf are you even talking about
    Calm down big man lol I see someone needs a break from the game.

Guess you don't remember when Adora told the community to "Adapt" when they made a change to the game.

LOL, unfortunately we can't fully adapt when they tell us more changes are coming.
  • Options
    JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Huluhula wrote: »
    JRock808 wrote: »
    The real ,problem is that Kabam will take the fastest, easiest, cheapest way out. Sorry to bring it up again, but look at MD and dexterity. It takes more than a few minutes to fix this obviously broken mechanic so they just rebuild war to try and lessen the impact? A bit like killing the patient to cure the disease.

Expecting complicated scoring systems that really don't help their content creation isn't in the cards. Even returning defensive kills isn't going to solve the awful map design, time commitment and truly uninspired nodes.

Makes me sad that they deleted your post because you spoke your mind

Thanks, it makes me sad as well. I even got a warning for my trouble of sincerely looking for excitement and fun again. The mods here are so biased it's not even a joke,

• Options
    Sigh.
    Any info coming out about war today? Glad my post was noticed enough to be deleted but still haven't seen anything from mods.
  • Options
    hurricanthurricant Posts: 515 ★★★
    Another loss how great. Wow this war system is so terrible and poorly thought out
  • Options
    HeywoodHeywood Posts: 49
    edited September 2017
    He wasn't wrong @Kabam Miike

The scoring for attacker kills was adjusted within a couple days to fix the exploit, yet it is taking weeks to fix war so it is not a contest of defender rating? The communication here is just horrible so far. What is the plan? Are we getting defender kills back?

We will be patient if we know the direction this is heading.
    If your goal if a second prestige war, that is fine. I will quit playing the game since I am not interested in that.

Just communicate with your player base so we know where this is heading.

• Options
    JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    edited September 2017
    If your paycheck was a dollar and your employer said they were "investigating it" would you just sit around for a month with no word?

If you bought a car and it only went up to 60 MPH and the manufacturer said they were "looking into it:" and went silent for weeks, would you be happy driving it?

if you went to a movie and people talked the entire time, threw popcorn at the screen and called your date funny names and the manager said they are "monitoring the data" before making any changes to your experience, but please keep coming back in the mean time, would you?

it's essentially what you are asking your players to do.

All that 12.0 transparency went right out a transparent window when the whales started spending again I guess.
  • Options
    Hey Everybody,

We've just posted another update on what you can expect in our next series of Alliance Wars when you start Matchmaking again tomorrow.

We've made a number of changes this time, including the reduction of points received for Defender Diversity to match its new role as existing per Battlegroup, and revamping a number of nodes to put more of an emphasis on the importance of choosing the right Defender for the right job.

Take a look at the changes in this post here: http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/142371/#Comment_142371

• Options
    QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    so now defender rating is going to determine the win
  • Options
    Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    So now it seems like diversity doesn’t really matter at all again lol. And the node changes aren’t really that significant.
  • Options
    VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    still no defender kill points ... :(

so at tier 1 it'll still be forced diversity (poop defenders), 100% clears, and result in highest defender rating wins - skill still removed from "war"

BORING

#BringBackDefenderKillPoints
  • Options
    DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    So glad i spent hours going through my battlegroups rosters and creating defender lists for diversity for it to now be negligible.

My stupidity i suppose.
  • Options
    The only fix will be defender kills being brought back ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ until then, AW will suck
  • Options
    xdethsquadxxdethsquadx Posts: 50
    We still have no recognition if the terrible brutality upon our efforts via diversity. We should all get RANK DOWN TICKETS. We all wasted our resources on champs you designed ONLY FOR DEFENSE and now they cant be used. You fundanentally alteted the value of our champions and now please let us redo some champs to actually make this fun again.
  • Options
    NMEONESNMEONES Posts: 260 ★★
    When are you guys going to get the effin hint man? Just add back defender kills.
  • Options
    TwuntTwunt Posts: 149
    The end all summary of this will be that you are making Defender rating and Diversity the two tie breakers. Doesn’t matter how you allocate the points. If both teams explore 100%, no skill required. The one with the higher Defender rating (now you lowered diversity points) will win. How can you have two variables to determine winners? That’s a sloppy formula.
  • Options
    OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Posts: 387 ★★
    I agree, bring back defender kills
  • Options
    Cael_EnixCael_Enix Posts: 27
    edited September 2017
    So Mike let’s be real, when will we see the rankdown tickets for the New AW strategy you are wanting US as the community to embark on?

Up until now everyone has ranked one of 6-8 champs specifically for War Defense. Now you are wanting a great diversity but want us to have to pay to rankup new champs while the old ones are basically penalized for being used?
  • Options
    Quick questions:

What tiers are "hard, challenger, expert, etc."? I think just referring it to the tier numbers just makes it so much easier...

Are the bold items on the chart what was changed? Just want to clarify that...

Wasn't the points scored for defender kills also lowered? Wouldn't lowering defender diversity points create the same issue you had before with a loop hole being for teams not to place defenders at all?
  • Options
    OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Posts: 387 ★★
    Might just move down to a map 3 alliance then. They could probably use some of my r5's or my r4 5stars lol. T5 basics coming out soon and will be chasing them just like we have the t4c and never caught up. Will definitely never catch up to winning whole t5 basics now. Whole game is starting to be a let down. :-(
  • Options
    VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    so Diversity Parade "war" continues to be, check with opponent alliance to see who has the higher defender rating... annnnddd, winner decided.

this is so terribly sad .... please bring back real alliance war with skill (defender kill points)
This discussion has been closed.