**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is magneto immune to grandmaster reversed controls phase

As the title says and also please recommend some good counters for grandmaster - I know any champion could work for this fight - but need to know the ones that would make it easier

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

As the title says and also please recommend some good counters for grandmaster - I know any champion could work for this fight - but need to know the ones that would make it easier

No, he is not because it is not a telepathic reverse controls, and Aegon or a high damage champ is the easiest, but only because you can make there be less phases. There is no champion that can bypass the skill effort of the grandmaster easy, you just have to gain the skills yourself.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

No, he is not because it is not a telepathic reverse controls, and Aegon or a high damage champ is the easiest, but only because you can make there be less phases. There is no champion that can bypass the skill effort of the grandmaster easy, you just have to gain the skills yourself.
    I've watched the fight alot of times the only thing that gonna give me troubles is that reversed controls phase, it's the only quest left for me to finish act 6
    There is no one who can bypass it, and if you can do the last phase quick enough you bypass that sometimes, or at least only have to deal with it while he is stunned in the damage phase
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    I think I'm qualified to answer this, as I beat him 5 times on Saturday. For my initial completion months ago, I used Stark Spidey, so I know how much more painful it can be.

Aegon + suicides. I actually did all of act 6 using suicides, except for around 3-5 paths.

For the Grandmaster, I built Aegon up on every single path, so it was a minimum 200 combo going in, usually much higher. (The Lifecycle path was a nightmare for me, don't underestimate Killmonger!)

First phase, I only needed 2 wounded sessions to go to 80%. Second phase, I believe it was 2 wounded sessions again. Aegon breezes through it.

Yes, the inverted controls got me in the final 30% a few times, but honestly I just try to be aware of when it's coming and try not to stress about it. Sometimes it would come just before he was wounded, and I'd be able to switch without getting hit.

The other great thing about Aegon is actually making a mistake. If you get hit, your damage goes completely nuts for about 10 seconds, so it's even easier to burn him down.

TL;DR - use Aegon. If you don't have him, use someone else with a high damage output.

Magneto seems like a bad idea, as his damage is tied to his SP3, and you can't use anything higher than an SP1. Also, his playstyle is based around parry heavy, and you can't parry the Grandmaster for the majority of the fight.
  • Severus35Severus35 Posts: 88
    Mr Sinister actually bypasses the reverse control phase. :)
  • Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Isn’t sinister immune?
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

I've watched the fight alot of times the only thing that gonna give me troubles is that reversed controls phase, it's the only quest left for me to finish act 6
    There is no one who can bypass it, and if you can do the last phase quick enough you bypass that sometimes, or at least only have to deal with it while he is stunned in the damage phase
    Mr. Sinister can bypass it.
  • DarkSoulDLXDarkSoulDLX Posts: 676 ★★★
    So many people want this champion feature it would be nice for him to be fully immune. However, I doubt Kabam will implement it.