**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is it time to get rid of diversity?

I know you had good intentions Kabam --maybe anyways--.
But really, diversity has become nothing but a bad joke at this point.
Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if only EVERY champ would perform at around same rate as a defender in AW. Unfortunately you all created a platform that empower or actually OVERPOWERS only a handful of champs. For years now, we have invested our efforts,resources, and money ranking up these champs in the hopes of one day dominating this aspect of the game.
But now you are almost literally rendering those champs useless.

Maybe the "new boosted" nodes will help, maybe not. But in its current form, you are only rewarding higher IP as opposed to true diversity and forcing people to rank up champs that will serve to no purpose other than inflating a "tiebreaking" stat line. That's what you stated your intended purpose for diversity was right? guess what, at 50 points it will still be more than just a tiebreaker.

Really, the more I think about it the more frustrated I feel about your approach. For the last few weeks you've been all too happy with turning us into your "free beta testers". We've been paying for pots, and revives. We've been ranking up champs that otherwise would had stayed at 3-30 in the hopes it would make the war experience a little more enjoyable.
But we haven't gotten anything in return, and that's alright, it was really fine until the point I thought you were really making an effort.

You all have demonstrated me that you don't care about your loyal paying customers. We've been dancing at the beat of your drum. You say "jump" we simply answered "how high!"
You revamped the entire AW system, and we just went along with it. You used the entire community as your beta testers, because ONCE MORE you delivered a faulty and unfinished product.
Then you went into switching the way diversity points are scored. From BG, to whole alliance, back to BG, from 150 points to less points to what now if this doesn't work?
You flip, you flap, you zig, you zag, in what seems a road to nowhere. You are making us feel --yet again-- that you have no idea what you're doing simply hoping one of these little fixes makes the issue go away.

How about let us heal, and revive and all that for free in aw UNTIL YOU GET THIS THING FINE TUNED AND FIXED ONCE AND FOR ALL? don't you think the least we deserve is something that at least resembles a fully working, and functional product?
THAT, would be a start.
And if you really are serious about keeping this "diversity" theme going, then the first thing you would look at is to revamp at least a couple of dozen champs and turn them into at least half as good defenders as the "usual suspects".
Perhaps if the She-hulks, the colossus, the joe fix it, and the carnage of the world were half decent defenders you wouldn't have this mess in your hands.

I hope you all think about this and make it right by your loyal customer base.

Comments

• MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★
    Leave it to Kabam to turn people against diversity...
  • Yes or give us rank down tickets.
  • roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 347 ★★★
    Just bring back defender kills and all of the community outrage will go away. Why is this do hard.
  • Diversity is a good idea on the merits.. but like most things they do.. implemented horribly. Diversity should be encouraged, not forced (IE a bonus reward at the end of the war rather than effecting the outcome)... What they should have done is let defender kills remain... the fact that even have weeks of backlash.. they won't.. means they are either severely stubborn as a company.. or their data is telling them pot / revive use has gone up and that's all the matters.
  • unknownunknown Posts: 378
    Everyone should stop spending period, until the whole game is fixed.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    I'm not totally opposed to diversity, just the full bg requirement. If it was a Max of 2k points for diversity, say 40 unique champs per bg, that would be fine. I just hate the fact that I have spent resources on ranking up certain champs that I can't use as we are forced to only let 1 member per bg use their top defensive guy while if someone else has that champ it can't be used.

Let's face it, who uses a 4/55 Juggs on attack ? Who uses a 4/55 Spidey ? These champs are great defenders but offensively there are better options. Then you have the occasional time when someone leaves the alliance or goes on a vacation and can't join, so 9 others are forced to sit out a war or just accept a loss.

This will all fall on deaf ears of course, and someone will come along and say how great this new system is without any objective feedback. But who knows, as many times kabam has changed stances and **** up releases maybe we will get a bug that doesn't even count diversity next update
  • UC439UC439 Posts: 261
    diversity is fine. but defender kills must come back. no need of defender rating.
  • TigerphilTigerphil Posts: 18
    Kabam keeps saying no rank downs. Well it’s really up to the community. They didn’t give us rank downs out of any sort of kindness. They were given because the community came together and said enough is enough and hit them in the purse. If you want rank downs again get on the horn and talk with your alliance leaders and bring back #boycottkabam
  • StingerbkStingerbk Posts: 160 ★★
    Tigerphil wrote: »
    Kabam keeps saying no rank downs. Well it’s really up to the community. They didn’t give us rank downs out of any sort of kindness. They were given because the community came together and said enough is enough and hit them in the purse. If you want rank downs again get on the horn and talk with your alliance leaders and bring back #boycottkabam

Wouldn't be shocked if that happens, am already holding onto my wallet and so are my alliance mates, we just need to get an organized boycott going and get those very SMART people at kabam( sacarsm) to listen up.