**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

lifecycle creates stun immune?

DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★
edited October 2020 in General Discussion
just doing Uncollected difficulty and fighting Gwenpool at chapter 2 quest 1. i know how to defeat lifecycle. it's just that when lifecycle have reached it's final duration when doing enough heavy, the lifecycle change it's icon color from blue to purple? i do understand it becomes immune to damage debuff, but parry isn't an damage debuff right? it just doesn't damage :S

and no, i can't make a video with my crappy iphone 6 just lagging every time i do something in the game so that combining with recording will just shut the game down and kick me out.

Comments

• Options
    EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    It’s the defensive ability accuracy reduction from gwenpool. She reduces your ability by about 2% for each hit on her combo. So, you cannot parry stun her when she has over 50 combo,
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Daddrieda said:

just doing Uncollected difficulty and fighting Gwenpool at chapter 2 quest 1. i know how to defeat lifecycle. it's just that when lifecycle have reached it's final duration when doing enough heavy, the lifecycle change it's icon color from blue to purple? i do understand it becomes immune to damage debuff, but parry isn't an damage debuff right? it just doesn't damage :S

and no, i can't make a video with my crappy iphone 6 just lagging every time i do something in the game so that combining with recording will just shut the game down and kick me out.

As Gwenpools combo meter rises, she gets AAR. At 50 combo she won't get parried ever. She gains a combo every few seconds, and has combo shield.
  • Options
    thank you for hinting the core problem. much appreciated.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,778 ★★★★★
    Best bet is to use an sp3 that stuns her and then hit her once.
  • Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,059 ★★★★

Archangel's ability accuracy cannot be reduced by his opponent's abilities, so he doesn't have this issue.

He still gets affected by "Glancing" though. C
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Archangel's ability accuracy cannot be reduced by his opponent's abilities, so he doesn't have this issue.

Shifting immunity: *exists*
    This gwenpool: *Has it*
  • Options
    awesome1werawesome1wer Posts: 101
    how do you beat life cycle cause i'm almost at that chapter
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

That’s not really a problem, the bleed vulnerability helps make up for but most import for some people is to be able to reliably knock her down after a parry stun so that they can knock her out afterwards.
  • Options

Kill_Grey said:

That’s not really a problem, the bleed vulnerability helps make up for but most import for some people is to be able to reliably knock her down after a parry stun so that they can knock her out afterwards.
    I see what you mean now. But in somewhere like cavalier difficulty with her kinda healthpool, you're probably better off using Void.
  • Options
    DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    Chikel said:

Because Glancing and AAR immunity is bugged.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

I see what you mean now. But in somewhere like cavalier difficulty with her kinda healthpool, you're probably better off using Void.
    Damn it hurts to read what I wrote. Lol
  • Options
    Djin said:

Chikel said:

While we still wait patiently for a fix...

Would have probably done micro reflect ant-man in act 6 by now 🙄
  • Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,059 ★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Djin said:

Chikel said:

We've been patiently waiting for a fix for 2 years now. At this point, I've given up
  • Options
    Chikel said:

Kill_Grey said:

Djin said:

Chikel said:

We've been patiently waiting for a fix for 2 years now. At this point, I've given up
    Lol, I'm fairly sure it was working correctly until just before the apocalypse update.

Or at least, I thought so...
  • Options
    But then we all know that Gwenpool is “immortal” because of her signature helps her to only takes 1% of the damage. So the sp3 could work with some damage over time effect before lifecycle is working hard to restore itself to its glory.
  • Options
    Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 849 ★★★★
    Venom worked a treat. Unblockable specials so when she’s low enough, bait her heavy and counter with your own and then into sp1 or 2- whichever one you have ready to go.
  • Options
    IWCIWC Posts: 104 ★★
    I used Void for that fight.

You can only do so once you have FOV/2 petrify on. Then just hit any special, her shield will go off, she can’t heal and after that the debuff damage will take care of her.

Note that cause of the node, she will gain a Fury with a debuff, but it’s minimal additional damage.