**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Bug with Apoc and Prof X EQ timer

Prior to the end of “last months” there was a bug on my event quest timer that said I had 24hrs remaining the event proceeded to end 12 minutes later, I have filed a ticket and this is apparently being seriously looked into, but in numerous ticket responses I have received they said “compensation for this is not within the customer service scope” and I have repeatedly asked to be put in contact with whomever scope it falls under and my question for this contact Info or direction has been repeatedly ignored until the ticket is closed, so I bring my question to the masses, can you get me in contact with the department whose scope this does fall under? As someone who follows the rules I don’t feel I should be penalized for something that so clearly isn’t my fault .
I eagerly await the information ai have repeatedly requested all the while filling the out questionnaires to help them find the issue but having my questions repeatedly ignored .

Looking forward to receiving a response and the contact info I have requested

-NOTKabam D9

Comments

• Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Prior to the end of “last months” there was a bug on my event quest timer that said I had 24hrs remaining the event proceeded to end 12 minutes later, I have filed a ticket and this is apparently being seriously looked into, but in numerous ticket responses I have received they said “compensation for this is not within the customer service scope” and I have repeatedly asked to be put in contact with whomever scope it falls under and my question for this contact Info or direction has been repeatedly ignored until the ticket is closed, so I bring my question to the masses, can you get me in contact with the department whose scope this does fall under? As someone who follows the rules I don’t feel I should be penalized for something that so clearly isn’t my fault .
    I eagerly await the information ai have repeatedly requested all the while filling the out questionnaires to help them find the issue but having my questions repeatedly ignored .

Looking forward to receiving a response and the contact info I have requested

-NOTKabam D9

except it is your fault, at least partially, even in the event that their timer was bugged, all event quests end at the exact same time on the exact same day. of the week, so you should have reasonably known when the quest would end. The admins will not comment on account issues though, they will just point you to support.
  • Options
    Then why even bother having a timer if it’s not right ? I don’t follow that logic if I’m going off a timer that was put there for the sole purpose of telling people the event is going to end , in that cause they should just put Maybe in front of it , do away with the timer all together . Or just put the end date.

Tho I suppose it could be my fault to trust that the timer was correct lol my fault for having to much faith in whoever’s job that ilol

And besides the prof x event ended on Wednesday the 7th, so the Rc GR event should end on the 7th this coming month correct ? Well it doesn’t
  • Options

Then why even bother having a timer if it’s not right ? I don’t follow that logic if I’m going off a timer that was put there for the sole purpose of telling people the event is going to end , in that cause they should just put Maybe in front of it , do away with the timer all together . Or just put the end date.

Tho I suppose it could be my fault to trust that the timer was correct lol my fault for having to much faith in whoever’s job that ilol

And besides the prof x event ended on Wednesday the 7th, so the Rc GR event should end on the 7th this coming month correct ? Well it doesn’t

The timer is a representation of the time left, however we know bugs happen, we also know when the quest ends, on the day it ends. It ends at the same time every month.

Also I never stated it ends on the same DATE, I said it ends at the same TIME on the same DAY (of the week).

You had MORE than 1 month to do the quest, you chose not to. they dont know if that is because of a timer bug, or you could not do it, so you waited it out then realized there was a bug in the timer.

This is the same argument people have when they get service shut off, well you didnt send me a notice. It does not change that it is due.
  • Options
    districtN9NEdistrictN9NE Posts: 10
    edited October 2020
    Again if everyone is supposed to just know when the event ends why put a timer anyway?

I didn’t choose not to do it I had two fights and a path left with what I presumed to be 24hrs left..which I suppose expecting Kabam to put the correct timer is just to much to ask given the current state of the game.

And had I known I had less time then the timer indicated I would have adjusted accordingly.

But if everyone is supposed to just know when the event ends they should do away with the timer all together right? Everyone should just know

Or they should at very least let everyone know the timer isn’t accurate and the event could end at any time regardless of what the timer says. You won’t convince me that I should have known the timer was wrong tho, I do appreciate the effort and you taking the time to reply to my post, which at this point is more then Kabam has done, tho I suppose that’s another thing I should have just “known”.

Thanks again have a wonderful day and stay safe.
  • Options

Again if everyone is supposed to just know when the event ends why put a timer anyway?

I didn’t choose not to do it I had two fights and a path left with what I presumed to be 24hrs left..which I suppose expecting Kabam to put the correct timer is just to much to ask given the current state of the game.

And had I known I had less time then the timer indicated I would have adjusted accordingly.

But if everyone is supposed to just know when the event ends they should do away with the timer all together right? Everyone should just know

You are refusing to take your share of the responsibility. The timer is there as a guide, as I already stated, but you cannot always trust it, and you should have known. That is partial not all responsibility. Also you had a month, you did not do it in that month, that was a choice. I understand personal responsibility is hard, but have some.
  • Options
    districtN9NEdistrictN9NE Posts: 10
    edited October 2020
    Can you point me towards anything from Kabam saying that the timer is a guide and not a absolute? In which case I will gladly take fault for that.

And not being able to trust it, you seem to be speaking from sort of experience I hope, has this happened to you where the timer hasn’t lined up in the past?

Yeah I don’t seem to recall making a choice for a false timer, tho I could have missed it in a in game mail I suppose those things tend to run together sometimes
  • Options

Can you point me towards anything from Kabam saying that the timer is a guide and not a absolute? In which case I will gladly take fault for that.

And not being able to trust it, you seem to be speaking from sort of experience I hope, has this happened to you where the timer hasn’t lined up in the past?

Yeah I don’t seem to recall making a choice for a false timer, tho I could have missed it in a in game mail I suppose those things tend to run together sometimes

It just happened this week when the timer for this months events kicked in hours early, which is why there is so much fuss about potential banning and why the monster crystal has not been released. Own your responsibility in the matter. You had a month, you decided to wait until the last hours to complete it. That is on you.
  • Options
    No Kabam literature referring to it as a guide or telling us not to consider it accurate?

I wonder if the event kicking in early had something to do with my timer issue, I will say this tho that timer has been true to its time every other eq I have done over the years so if something has worked 100% of the time why would I assume this time would be different

I fully own up to trusting the timer, it wasn’t like I put it off just because, Dr’s appointments life and such, but even then I put myself in position what I thought was to have one path left and 24hrs to complete it, which I don’t consider the last
    Minute the last day maybe but 24hrs and 1 path? Now had I had chapters left to complete you might be into something with the last minute thing And as I’ve said had I known or suspected that time timer was inaccurate or as you put it a “guide” I would use it as such.

Tho maybe when someone from Kabam scopes this maybe they could give a official ruling on the whole “guide” thing that would be interesting

I appreciate your contributions to the community and responding to my message and I honestly hope you are never effected by a bug and may your timer guide stay true.

• Options

No Kabam literature referring to it as a guide or telling us not to consider it accurate?

I wonder if the event kicking in early had something to do with my timer issue, I will say this tho that timer has been true to its time every other eq I have done over the years so if something has worked 100% of the time why would I assume this time would be different

I fully own up to trusting the timer, it wasn’t like I put it off just because, Dr’s appointments life and such, but even then I put myself in position what I thought was to have one path left and 24hrs to complete it, which I don’t consider the last
    Minute the last day maybe but 24hrs and 1 path? Now had I had chapters left to complete you might be into something with the last minute thing And as I’ve said had I known or suspected that time timer was inaccurate or as you put it a “guide” I would use it as such.

Tho maybe when someone from Kabam scopes this maybe they could give a official ruling on the whole “guide” thing that would be interesting

I appreciate your contributions to the community and responding to my message and I honestly hope you are never effected by a bug and may your timer guide stay true.

As my college programing professors told me, computers are out to get you, dont wait till the last second to do something, because if you the system will contrive to stop you with bugs, and if you cannot turn it in because of an error with the software then it is considered late, because if you did it early then you would not have ran into that bug. And if you did there would have been time to fix it.

Event quests always end at 10am PST on the day it ends, which is on Wednesdays. Good luck, but like I said the moderators here will not help with account issues, that is solely in the realm of customer support.
  • Options
    Yeah I can hope maybe someone will see it by accident even. Lol

I have learned my lesson tho don’t trust Kabam and their timers lol.

Tho I will say the response I got it is a real issue and it happened and wasn’t supposed too lol

Have a great day tho, be safe out there.