**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Quake learnin.....

SbkruebSbkrueb Posts: 494 ★★★
edited October 2020 in Strategy and Tips
I have a sig 40 R3 5* Quake that I never ranked because Im not very good at Quaking.

I decided to R5 her and learn because....well....Quake.

So my question is, how did you lean to effectively Bake and Shake without eating fists and do you have any advice?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★
    I started out in the ant man variant quest 1. I tried to dex style BB loads over about a week. Then I switched to parry style, which is comparatively way easier. I still do that, trying to learn dex style.
  • Options
    Aziz5253Aziz5253 Posts: 495 ★★★
    I used to duel a 3* quake against a top champ of a top player. Once I was half confident, I brought her to side quests to practice along with my top Champs so I could handle it incase I mess up.

I got the basics from Dorky Dave's videos for quaking, and then learnt about predicting the opponents combo. It's always dangerous when you run into a new champ for the first time, but when you get a hint of what their medium and light attacks look like, it becomes easier.

One tip for a new quaker that I found useful myself: If you're shaking (and I think this only applies to shakers), always end yourself on a dex rather than an evade. It's easier to pick yourself up from that.
    So if you end on a dex, it's usually like this

Evade-Dex
    Evade-Dex-Evade-Dex
    Evade-Dex-Evade-Dex-Evade-Dex

This last one usually gets an empty dex because the combos are of 5 hits usually, but as I said, it's easier to pick yourself up from there.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Practice practice practice, I actually never watched a quake guide, just knew the basics of what you do, played her a ton, I’m not the best Quaker but I can hold my own with her and take aq minis and bosses without being touched fairly consistently with her
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,811 ★★★★★
    Just charge heavy, evade, parry, repeat.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,811 ★★★★★
    FRITO_Man said:

Just charge heavy, evade, parry, repeat.

Ew parrying /s
    He was asking how to Quake and Bake!

Quaking and Shaking is the far superior tactic, however it is harder and I can’t explain how I learned it just one day I did
  • Options
    Both Munash and Dorky Diggety Dave have Quake training videos showing the fingers movements for "Quake & Bake" and "Quake & Shake" fighting styles (Munash's is a little more detailed, and the one that helped me the most). They should both come up if you do a search for "mcoc quake" on YouTube. Good luck!
  • Options
    LOThunderLOThunder Posts: 219 ★★

Both Munash and Dorky Diggety Dave have Quake training videos showing the fingers movements for "Quake & Bake" and "Quake & Shake" fighting styles (Munash's is a little more detailed, and the one that helped me the most). They should both come up if you do a search for "mcoc quake" on YouTube. Good luck!

Munash even has heavy only videos.
    I've tried it once, worked for one combo, then got some closed fists to the face next time.
    Haven't tried it again, I barely have practice time now of recent.
  • Options
    Caino1023Caino1023 Posts: 309 ★★
    Sbkrueb said:

I have a sig 40 R3 5* Quake that I never ranked because Im not very good at Quaking.

I decided to R5 her and learn because....well....Quake.

So my question is, how did you lean to effectively Bake and Shake without eating fists and do you have any advice?

practice on the goldpool if you have the sig - no energy cost and he'll regen.

Check out dorky dave's lesson on youtube for quake and shake vs. quake and bake. Make sure you're lifting your left thumb completely before you hit your heavy again each time.
  • Options
    Xva23Xva23 Posts: 500 ★★★
    Keep a count of the number of hits, and keep fighting different champions to learn their sequences, so you'll know how their 4th light, 5th light or last medium will look. Always remove your right thumb from heavy before you dash back, never release the heavy