5* Awakening Advice

rman1087rman1087 Member Posts: 30
edited November 2020 in Strategy and Tips
Hi All,

I'm looking for some direction on what 5* champion to awaken. The images below show my current 5* champs. BWCV is the only r4 not awaken, and these are some r3's; Aegon, BW Deadly, Cap IW, Cap Marvel Movie, Hyperion, and Sunspot. I do have some other notable 5* that I'm currently ranking up to that r3 status; sabertooth, falcon, gwenpool, venom the duck. The only 5* class I do not have awakened are Skill (have 33 in inventory and Mystic (44 in inventory).

Book wise I'm currently on the road to cavalier with only 6.1 to go and want to really make sure the team I go in with is strong enough. I am one Alpha 2 away from being able to upgrade 2 more r3's to 4's, which would be also great advice if anyone has suggestions.

Sorry for the long message, any and all advice/guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Rman1087

Comments

• rman1087rman1087 Member Posts: 30
    edited November 2020
    @Monke Thank you and I do have 33 skill and 44 mystic in inventory but with the new solo events I tend to get some 5* sigs and use them where necessary at the moment. I do like playing as Cap IW, it would just take some time to build him and Hyperion
  • AquaflashAquaflash Member Posts: 47
    If you’re trying to complete story mode content, I’d go with Hype. As Monke said, he doesn’t need a high sig level.

Hype is someone that seems to get pushed down my list regularly used characters frequently. However, I always come back to him when I start working on act 6 content. He’s also very useful for Cavalier difficulty in EQ once you get their because he can be used for both diss track and buffed up nodes.
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Member Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    Hype is perfect at sig 1. I wouldn't awaken, with a gem, CapIW unless I could take him to high sig
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Member Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Hype is perfect at sig 1. I wouldn't awaken, with a gem, CapIW unless I could take him to high sig

Sig 20 is the sweet spot for hype.
  • rman1087rman1087 Member Posts: 30
    Thank you all for the advice @Monke @Aquaflash @Fluffy_paws @Kill_Grey

One last question... Would you recommend 100% Act 5 before starting 6.1 with the roster of AA, Warlock, Spider Gwen, BWCV and Hyperion or r4 some more 5* champs?
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Member Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    rman1087 said:

One last question... Would you recommend 100% Act 5 before starting 6.1 with the roster of AA, Warlock, Spider Gwen, BWCV and Hyperion or r4 some more 5* champs?

You can get cavalier with that roster if you wanted, but I'd still recommend act 5 100%
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Member Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    rman1087 said:

I'd give it a shot! See how far you can go. If you start to struggle go back to act5.