**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Platpool synergies adjustment

SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★
First off, let us take a quick look at the synergies available to each Deadpool character (via auntm.ai, if you have not checked it out, it is by far the most helpful website to use with this game, other than maybe Youtube and forums).

Here we can see how ridiculous it is that Platinumpool has literally NO SYNERGIES that benefit other champs. The deadpools have long been trophy champs or only used for their synergies, but Platinumpool actually has a decent set of abilities, great PI, and the potential to be a useful champion, and useful synergies is what could put him over the edge.

Let me just throw this out there. Regular Deadpool has literally 19 different synergies that help out other champions as well as himself, AND HE IS LITERALLY ONLY AVAILABLE AS UP TO A 4 STAR CHARACTER?! This makes him impossible to use in Act 6, and extremely low powered in end game content. Not to say that we should all get a free one to compensate, or that he should necessarily be released as a higher tier champion now, but it seems a bit (and by a bit I highly underplay the importance) ridiculous that this new 5 star deadpool-based champion be introduced with exactly 0 even weak synergies with other players. I get that as the game progresses, he could be added in to some, but I think it is a bit ridiculous that he is not even included in the other synergies that are built for his character (which is Deadpool, not even a specific version just any iteration, even including Goldpool, who is not a comics based character and does not have incredibly meaningful relationships with any other characters, similar to Platinumpool). First, we have "Team Deadpool Awesome-Force" which gives "Deadpool champions" -20% bleed damage. Ooooh scary, that would make him way too OP. It literally says in the description that it applies to "Deadpool champions" which includes Gwenpool and Venompool, but not, for some reason, the Platinum version of Deadpool. Color me confused. Next, we have "restoration kit" which I remember a lot of players whining that he was not included in previously, but I honestly just do not understand why he would not be included, other than that it is too difficult to code in to a pre-existing synergy (though I somehow doubt that is the reason). This synergy allows the purification of 1 bleed, poison, or shock debuff and converts it to 10% healing, which is extremely useful for players who use suicides and commonly run a team with Nick Fury anyways. This synergy does not specifically apply to "deadpool" champs, nor does it include Venompool or Gwenpool, but it does include Deadpool, Deadpool (X-force), AND Goldpool.

I am not trying to complain that he should have more (I'm just gonna leave that typed in to emphasize my point as I read back through, but let me officially correct that word to ANY) synergies that do not just benefit himself, as I have seen numerous summoners do on forums without really providing any proof or reasoning and logic to their cases, but I thought this was a case where I actually backed up a reasonable argument. If anyone wants to refute this, please feel free. That is what this forum is about. If anyone from Kabam wants to explain their reasoning, I assume there is some, and I am genuinely really curious why these decisions were made and if anything could possibly change about him in the future. Thanks for listening to such a long post.

Live long, and happy Summoning,
Squirrelguy

Comments

• Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    Yes. My sig 40 platpool needs synergies
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    @Crcrcrc how do you have a sig 40 platpool?
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★
    Will3808 said:

sig stones, insane luck
  • Options
    SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    I would liked to have seen a synergy with Goldpool at least, some sort of ‘precious metals’ synergy just for folk who managed to get both (which by total coincidence includes me). Would have been a nice touch.
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★

OG Deadpool has so many synergies because he’s been in the game for so long

the real problem is why are you using auntmai in light mode

Better than retro mode lol. My eyes start bleeding if I have it on for too long.
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★

Will3808 said:

sig stones, insane luck
    Generic ag for the win!😂
  • Options

OG Deadpool has so many synergies because he’s been in the game for so long

the real problem is why are you using auntmai in light mode

I definitely get that, but I still wish he would be added to the generic every-other-Deadpool synergies, not expecting too many.
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    I wish he was in the Nick fury synergy. 😕
  • Options
    Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    He has a synergy with "None", quit being so greedy.
  • Options

I 1000% forgot this existed. The only buff he needs