UPDATE: A new Hotfix (v32.2.3) is now being released to address this issue. Please keep an eye on your App Store for this update to address the below issue.

We are currently experiencing an Error when Summoners view a Champion’s Synergies while in the Champion Selection screen in Arenas and Duels. We are aware of this issue and are working on a Hotfix to address it. In the meantime, please avoid using the synergy menu to prevent this error and crash. We apologize for this inconvenience. Updates will be posted here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/293506/error-when-looking-at-synergies-from-champion-selection-screen

Mephisto Nerf.. give me back my awakening gem

13

Comments

  • Drummer16Drummer16 Posts: 324 ★★
    roy505 wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike can you please give a comment on this.. your silence is not helping here
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    roy505 wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike can you please give a comment on this.. your silence is not helping here

    You can't call out/tag mods to a thread. So you can stop with that too

    didn't know that..

    Yes, for the love of god, let them figure out this damn "special attacks dont fire" before AQ day 4 starts.

    Sorry to hear about your mistake man, that really sucks. That's like 100$ you flushed down the drain.

  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    It wasn't a typo, unless it said Max Modified Health.

    It says Max Health. That could be either Max Base Health, or Max Modified Health.

    However, they can't simply put Max Base Health, because his regen working off Modified in Master mode is absolutely intended.

    But AW has been established to work off of base health when dealing with regen, even when including %-based regen, such as Willpower.

    An assumption was made that turned out to be wrong, and the situation has been muddied because on top of it, Kabam let a bug go live.
  • roy505roy505 Posts: 90
    edited October 2017
    dkatryl wrote: »
    It wasn't a typo, unless it said Max Modified Health.

    It says Max Health. That could be either Max Base Health, or Max Modified Health.

    However, they can't simply put Max Base Health, because his regen working off Modified in Master mode is absolutely intended.

    But AW has been established to work off of base health when dealing with regen, even when including %-based regen, such as Willpower.

    An assumption was made that turned out to be wrong, and the situation has been muddied because on top of it, Kabam let a bug go live.

    I used my awakening gem after reading about his regen in war.. there by making sure that his regen was affected by AW node it the fwar that happened before.... plus he was defined in a way that means regen will be affected by the nodes in war.. how is it my mistake in assuming that this was what kabam intended.... the champ was performing according to the way he was defined..
  • HeywoodHeywood Posts: 49
    Run477 wrote: »
    This guy should get back his awakening gem. This is ready bad on kabam’s part. The people on here stating otherwise makes no sense. He was supposed to assume that kabam had a typo in the abilities of a champ they put out? Cmon.

    No, Kabam changed regen to be of base health not modified boosted health. It has been like that for a long time and there was literally no reason to believe that changed because it showed a % sign.

    We had the debate about willpower back then as well. Willpower is a % off base health and not modified by war nodes.

    Sucks, but OP should have waited to get clarification before assuming that one character would be absurdly OP.

  • So you admit you use items because someone told you that happened, and you didn't even come to the forums to see all the complains about his regen being bug?

    You did a bet, you lost. Thats your problem
  • MadMarksMadMarks Posts: 155
    Using the same argument, why does magik's limbo scale with attack when it is a flat value on her sig ability? There is no rhyme or reason why kabam does what they do. wait it is all about the $$$$
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    not reading this entire thread but if the argument is that it says it's a % of his health, it's moot since willpower is also a % based healing that is based off a champions base health.

    healing for AW has always been this way since the change, mephisto was clearly a bug. it sucks but to some degree you should have known better. the next question is how should he have known? the answer is that it's been stated that all healing will be based off base health for aw long ago.
  • Sam6167Sam6167 Posts: 16
    That's BS. I got him as 4* and used awakening gem and took him to 5/50 for that same reason.
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    MadMarks wrote: »
    Using the same argument, why does magik's limbo scale with attack when it is a flat value on her sig ability? There is no rhyme or reason why kabam does what they do. wait it is all about the $$$$

    because attack and regeneration are two different functions. it's explicitly stated that regeneration will be done on base health, there was no mention of attack being scaled or limbo or anything.
  • Qwerty wrote: »
    MadMarks wrote: »
    Using the same argument, why does magik's limbo scale with attack when it is a flat value on her sig ability? There is no rhyme or reason why kabam does what they do. wait it is all about the $$$$

    because attack and regeneration are two different functions. it's explicitly stated that regeneration will be done on base health, there was no mention of attack being scaled or limbo or anything.

    But what about the health magik gets back after taking damage during limbo? Shouldn’t that be base health %?

  • bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 544 ★★★
    bdubbs2736 wrote: »
    Qwerty wrote: »
    MadMarks wrote: »
    Using the same argument, why does magik's limbo scale with attack when it is a flat value on her sig ability? There is no rhyme or reason why kabam does what they do. wait it is all about the $$$$

    because attack and regeneration are two different functions. it's explicitly stated that regeneration will be done on base health, there was no mention of attack being scaled or limbo or anything.

    But what about the health magik gets back after taking damage during limbo? Shouldn’t that be base health %?

    That is not regen in the same sense that wolverine or x-23 or sw or mephisto or ultron regen
  • ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    So u wanted a immortal champ in this game which can't be killed because u have him??!!! How pathetic u guys are. Later when u will fight him, then u will again complain, u can't kill him. He is already overpowered as defender. what's the point taking free massive damage without getting hits??? Magic, iceman, electro has lots of counter now except dormammu. But this guy has almost zero counter except iceman. Also iceman can't get his real damage against mephisto! Aura of incineration pure money grab as it doesn't help in offence for little damage. But in boosted node this damage become huge which can kill u within a moment though it's not percentage damage it's flat rate.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 29,287 ★★★★★
    It wasn't a nerf. It was a fix.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,358 ★★★
    bdawg923 wrote: »
    bdubbs2736 wrote: »
    Qwerty wrote: »
    MadMarks wrote: »
    Using the same argument, why does magik's limbo scale with attack when it is a flat value on her sig ability? There is no rhyme or reason why kabam does what they do. wait it is all about the $$$$

    because attack and regeneration are two different functions. it's explicitly stated that regeneration will be done on base health, there was no mention of attack being scaled or limbo or anything.

    But what about the health magik gets back after taking damage during limbo? Shouldn’t that be base health %?

    That is not regen in the same sense that wolverine or x-23 or sw or mephisto or ultron regen

    I honestly don’t know this answer so I’m curious. Has anyone checked to see if he recovery nodes in war have any effect on the amount of health magik gets back. It shouldn’t—bc it’s replacing health lost. However, heal block champs prevent her from recovering that health (which I always thought was slightly dubious given what her entering limbo was supposed to mean and bc as you point out it’s not regen, but whatever). If you have checked, please let me know.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,358 ★★★
    It wasn't a nerf. It was a fix.

    Well, you can take that nugget of wisdom and just be done with it. Semantics are what rule the day. Don’t you see? Thor and switch weren’t nerfed, they were “fixed.” Nothing to see here. Move along.
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    To be clear, it's got nothing to do with flat vs percentage values. They represent the same thing. If max health was 1000 and they said 100 per tick instead of 10%, it's the same thing. Let's throw in the word "base" and make it max base health and now you get the true picture. They made regen apply to max base health months ago.

    The other reason why champs also got scaled back was diminishing returns.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,358 ★★★
    Imran wrote: »
    So u wanted a immortal champ in this game which can't be killed because u have him??!!! How pathetic u guys are. Later when u will fight him, then u will again complain, u can't kill him. He is already overpowered as defender. what's the point taking free massive damage without getting hits??? Magic, iceman, electro has lots of counter now except dormammu. But this guy has almost zero counter except iceman. Also iceman can't get his real damage against mephisto! Aura of incineration pure money grab as it doesn't help in offence for little damage. But in boosted node this damage become huge which can kill u within a moment though it's not percentage damage it's flat rate.

    I think you are missing the point. He is saying that he used what is one of the rarest items in the game based on kabam’s representations. And now that kabam has changed its representations, he would like back the item that he used in reliance of those representstions. I actually think this is a fairly cut and dry issue here and you guys are all attacking this guy for, as best as I can tell, no reason other than to be rude.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 29,287 ★★★★★
    Run477 wrote: »
    It wasn't a nerf. It was a fix.

    Well, you can take that nugget of wisdom and just be done with it. Semantics are what rule the day. Don’t you see? Thor and switch weren’t nerfed, they were “fixed.” Nothing to see here. Move along.

    Those were nerfs. No Champ operates with Regen that high. We all spotted it. It's supposed to function off of Base Health. When it doesn't operate as intended, then it is a bug. When they change the way existing Champs operate fundamentally, it's a nerf.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,119 ★★★★
    roy505 wrote: »
    I had pulled a 5 star mephisto and after going through his abilities, saw that his regen was 10% per charge.. like how regen was defined in the olden days.. plus he was tagged as a total AWD hero too.. so with this definition he was supposed to get regen based on the node he was put in war. that is a god tier definition and I used my 5 star mystic awakening gem i got from LoL on him. Now kabam has come up today with a statement saying that it was an error and they are going to change the regen back to flat value. Which means his value as an AWD has been lost to a great extent. How is this fair.. I dont want any compensation or has never cried for one, not even the resources i used to rank him up to rank 3, but I really need that 5 star awakening gem back as those are super rare to come by.. Help me guys..

    @Kabam Miike

    I would have to agree that you should get it back. As others have said.. open a support ticket is probably the only thing you can do.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,358 ★★★
    Run477 wrote: »
    It wasn't a nerf. It was a fix.

    Well, you can take that nugget of wisdom and just be done with it. Semantics are what rule the day. Don’t you see? Thor and switch weren’t nerfed, they were “fixed.” Nothing to see here. Move along.

    Those were nerfs. No Champ operates with Regen that high. We all spotted it. It's supposed to function off of Base Health. When it doesn't operate as intended, then it is a bug. When they change the way existing Champs operate fundamentally, it's a nerf.

    Was maephisto operating with regen that high?
  • You made a mistake. Deal with it.
    He was obviously bug, and it didn't even passed 1 week since he was released
  • abn86abn86 Posts: 107
    Run477 wrote: »
    Imran wrote: »
    So u wanted a immortal champ in this game which can't be killed because u have him??!!! How pathetic u guys are. Later when u will fight him, then u will again complain, u can't kill him. He is already overpowered as defender. what's the point taking free massive damage without getting hits??? Magic, iceman, electro has lots of counter now except dormammu. But this guy has almost zero counter except iceman. Also iceman can't get his real damage against mephisto! Aura of incineration pure money grab as it doesn't help in offence for little damage. But in boosted node this damage become huge which can kill u within a moment though it's not percentage damage it's flat rate.

    I think you are missing the point. He is saying that he used what is one of the rarest items in the game based on kabam’s representations. And now that kabam has changed its representations, he would like back the item that he used in reliance of those representstions. I actually think this is a fairly cut and dry issue here and you guys are all attacking this guy for, as best as I can tell, no reason other than to be rude.

    To me, that doesn't matter. I feel for OP's situation, but this **** happens all the time. The character didn't change, he was bugged. This is no different, imo, than exploiting a glitch (don't care one bit about exploiters). OP thought that this was going to be super awesome, rack up the kills, hopefully discourage all but the richest to die hopelessly at his new prize. But a part of you HAD to know that going off modified health was a bug, right? You know it wasn't right. You knew that no one else functioned like that. And that's why people are coming at him like that.

    At the end of the day, you thought you found a come up. It wasn't, it was a bug. No harm, no foul, but no gem either. Sometimes you just gotta hold that L. TL;DR sucks for you.
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295
    Disagree with OP... you should have known that it was not based on modified health. They made it so NO CHAMPS regen was based on modified health and you should not have expected Mephisto to be different. This is not Kabam's fault. The default is base health NOT modified health. Does not even have to be written down to "get it". Please, we have bigger, real problems to focus on... bugs, etc.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 29,287 ★★★★★
    Run477 wrote: »
    Run477 wrote: »
    It wasn't a nerf. It was a fix.

    Well, you can take that nugget of wisdom and just be done with it. Semantics are what rule the day. Don’t you see? Thor and switch weren’t nerfed, they were “fixed.” Nothing to see here. Move along.

    Those were nerfs. No Champ operates with Regen that high. We all spotted it. It's supposed to function off of Base Health. When it doesn't operate as intended, then it is a bug. When they change the way existing Champs operate fundamentally, it's a nerf.

    Was maephisto operating with regen that high?

    Did you see him function in War?
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,358 ★★★
    Run477 wrote: »
    Run477 wrote: »
    It wasn't a nerf. It was a fix.

    Well, you can take that nugget of wisdom and just be done with it. Semantics are what rule the day. Don’t you see? Thor and switch weren’t nerfed, they were “fixed.” Nothing to see here. Move along.

    Those were nerfs. No Champ operates with Regen that high. We all spotted it. It's supposed to function off of Base Health. When it doesn't operate as intended, then it is a bug. When they change the way existing Champs operate fundamentally, it's a nerf.

    Was maephisto operating with regen that high?

    Did you see him function in War?

    I’m asking you because you are taking the position that no champ operates this way. I am asking you whether you know if he was or was not operating that way.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 29,287 ★★★★★
    Run477 wrote: »
    Run477 wrote: »
    Run477 wrote: »
    It wasn't a nerf. It was a fix.

    Well, you can take that nugget of wisdom and just be done with it. Semantics are what rule the day. Don’t you see? Thor and switch weren’t nerfed, they were “fixed.” Nothing to see here. Move along.

    Those were nerfs. No Champ operates with Regen that high. We all spotted it. It's supposed to function off of Base Health. When it doesn't operate as intended, then it is a bug. When they change the way existing Champs operate fundamentally, it's a nerf.

    Was maephisto operating with regen that high?

    Did you see him function in War?

    I’m asking you because you are taking the position that no champ operates this way. I am asking you whether you know if he was or was not operating that way.

    Name a Champ post-12.0 that operates with Regen on a percentage basis that can be multiplied exponentially. It was intended to be off of Base Health. Otherwise it becomes insane given certain Nodes and game modes. It's not a nerf if a new Champ is not performing as intended. It's a bug.
  • I find it really tragic that so many people are attacking the OP. I understand all the points being made here, but why are we being aggressive towards a victim?

    Mephisto's regen was functioning a specific way in AW. The regen behavior in AW lined up with the description in game. Based on this, the OP used a gem.

    What you all are basically saying is that all of us should assume everything good is a bug. And that is just so sad.

    We shouldn't be attacking the OP. These are unacceptable in game issues. And they keep consistently occurring. Why are we okay with this, to the point where we would beat up a victim for not knowing better?

    Let's be better than that.

    Also, I'll be shocked if the arena cutoff is above 16m now, based on this new info
  • bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 544 ★★★
    I find it really tragic that so many people are attacking the OP. I understand all the points being made here, but why are we being aggressive towards a victim?

    Mephisto's regen was functioning a specific way in AW. The regen behavior in AW lined up with the description in game. Based on this, the OP used a gem.

    What you all are basically saying is that all of us should assume everything good is a bug. And that is just so sad.

    We shouldn't be attacking the OP. These are unacceptable in game issues. And they keep consistently occurring. Why are we okay with this, to the point where we would beat up a victim for not knowing better?

    Let's be better than that.

    Also, I'll be shocked if the arena cutoff is above 16m now, based on this new info

    He's not a victim. He made a mistake based off erroneous information, and now he wants a do-over. That's not how it works. It wasn't Kabam's fault he used his gem. Kabam didn't make him use his gem. He should've known better how regen works in AW and then he wouldn't have used his gem because it was clearly a bug from the start.
  • bdawg923bdawg923 Posts: 544 ★★★
    bdawg923 wrote: »
    I find it really tragic that so many people are attacking the OP. I understand all the points being made here, but why are we being aggressive towards a victim?

    Mephisto's regen was functioning a specific way in AW. The regen behavior in AW lined up with the description in game. Based on this, the OP used a gem.

    What you all are basically saying is that all of us should assume everything good is a bug. And that is just so sad.

    We shouldn't be attacking the OP. These are unacceptable in game issues. And they keep consistently occurring. Why are we okay with this, to the point where we would beat up a victim for not knowing better?

    Let's be better than that.

    Also, I'll be shocked if the arena cutoff is above 16m now, based on this new info

    He's not a victim. He made a mistake based off erroneous information, and now he wants a do-over. That's not how it works. It wasn't Kabam's fault he used his gem. Kabam didn't make him use his gem. He should've known better how regen works in AW and then he wouldn't have used his gem because it was clearly a bug from the start.

    Just to clarify, the erroneous information was not from Kabam. They were clear about how regen functions in AW and OP decided to not listen.
  • bdawg923 wrote: »
    I find it really tragic that so many people are attacking the OP. I understand all the points being made here, but why are we being aggressive towards a victim?

    Mephisto's regen was functioning a specific way in AW. The regen behavior in AW lined up with the description in game. Based on this, the OP used a gem.

    What you all are basically saying is that all of us should assume everything good is a bug. And that is just so sad.

    We shouldn't be attacking the OP. These are unacceptable in game issues. And they keep consistently occurring. Why are we okay with this, to the point where we would beat up a victim for not knowing better?

    Let's be better than that.

    Also, I'll be shocked if the arena cutoff is above 16m now, based on this new info

    He's not a victim. He made a mistake based off erroneous information, and now he wants a do-over. That's not how it works. It wasn't Kabam's fault he used his gem. Kabam didn't make him use his gem. He should've known better how regen works in AW and then he wouldn't have used his gem because it was clearly a bug from the start.

    ^^ This is what happened in this case ^^
Sign In or Register to comment.