**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Mystic Advice Needed

sdexcsdexc Posts: 140
edited November 2020 in General Discussion
I have a 2016 mystic rank up gem 3->4. Was gunna use it on Voodoo but pulled Doom recently. Im gunna be taking Doom to R5 asap. Now that I have doom is it still worth taking Voodoo to R4 or should i save it for when one of the trashy mystics gets buffed? (i.e loki, jugg, iron fist, Jane foster, guillotine)

Comments

• OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    I'd say sit on it, I've got one ear marked for SW. She's not quite the meta anymore but still would be a fun rank up
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Voodoo is quite worth r5 still nowadays, for sure r4 him with the gem, only 2015/6 Id rank over him is Magik if you don't have her already ranked.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    I'd hold it since you have doom now, but there aren't a lot of options for the 2016 gem either so he's a great candidate. Mine went to Magik as she was the only option. Don't regret it, but if you have choices and time, don't rush it. Now, if you are still in need of clearing variant 5, then yeah, use it and he'll put in work which will get you more rankup material. He's solid, so there should be no regret using that gem in him if you need more mystic power in your roster.

I also have a regular mystic gem waiting for voodoo right now (got him last month and he's r3). But, I got 5* doom a week later and 6* doom a week after I took that one to R5 (he's my 2nd r2 6* now too). Do I want to take voodoo up, yes! Is there a rush though, no, not for me anymore (Claire went to R5 3 weeks before doom and magic was my first r5 since she was the only candidate about 6 months ago). He'll probably still get it, but holding it for now, just in case someone newer comes along (I actually gave one to Man-Thing first, just because he's a bit different and can be an annoying aw defender too). Mystic was my most lacking class forever and then it was a flood all at once. I had 5 mystic gems from variants,which pissed me off for the longest time, but panned out in the long run. Now I can kinda sit back and see if someone newer can put it to better use.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    sdexc said:

I have a 2016 mystic rank up gem 3->4. Was gunna use it on Voodoo but pulled Doom recently. Im gunna be taking Doom to R5 asap. Now that I have doom is it still worth taking Voodoo to R4 or should i save it for when one of the trashy mystics gets buffed? (i.e loki, jugg, iron fist, Jane foster, guillotine)

Voodoo has the Regen which is nice and he does a better job of converting Buffs into damage (as long as you can Poison them). If you grind Arena, the answer is rank him. You will get more value by having a higher ranked character for Arena than sitting on the Gem for an extended period of time.
  • VeeTeeTeeVeeTeeTee Posts: 72
    I'd r4 Voodoo immediately. Great utility, great survivability... Great for questing, act 5/6 option for many fights, great for alliance quest
  • gforcefangforcefan Posts: 381 ★★★
    Use it Voodoo.
  • IRQIRQ Posts: 301 ★★
    sdexc said:

no doubt hes good but does he do anything better than doom?

Absolutely wrecks everything that starts with or quickly gains a large number of buffs due to sp1. Particularly good at melting Venom down.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    I’d say it depends on if you like voodoo. If you were going to rank him because you liked him, do it. If you were going to rank him solely to fill a roster hole, save the gem.
  • LandsLands Posts: 40
    Very solid yes on voodoo
  • HassamaMamaHassamaMama Posts: 113
    sdexc said:

K00shMaan said:

sdexc said:

Voodoo has the Regen which is nice and he does a better job of converting Buffs into damage (as long as you can Poison them). If you grind Arena, the answer is rank him. You will get more value by having a higher ranked character for Arena than sitting on the Gem for an extended period of time.
    i dont do arena
    i forgot to mention i dont run mystic dispersion which isn something voodoo needs
    I say use the rank up gem on him - it's a year specific, so you wouldn't be able to use it on Doom (if that's what you were thinking). You really won't regret it. Also, Voodoo becomes even more of a beast with Mystic Dispersion because whenever he uses a special to get rid of/convert the Loa buffs he places, he gains power back because he's technically nullifying them!