**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How is power technician node supposed to work?

I have been having mixed successes with this node. My question is the interaction between well-timed block with armor up and the fury gain.

I have tried warlock, guillotine 2099 and guardian. On parry I would power drain most of the time (but for some reason sometimes it fails). But even if the "power drain" text pops up, I do not always get a fury. It appears that it is much harder to get the fury at the beginning of the fight (maybe 1 in 3 or 4 furies) but as the fight goes on I may be getting them a lot faster. But this is not consistent in all fights, and some fights I get them right away on the initial parry and keep ramping up quickly. I am not fighting any champs with ability accuracy reduction as far as I can tell. e.g. Luke Cage in this month's 1.1.

On the other hand, other types of power drain seem to always work. e.g. Guillotine 2099 sp1, Guardian 4th light attack, etc. Red Skull also seems to reliability gain 2 furies every time I parry probably because of power technician and his normal drain.

Is this a bug or is there some explanation to this?

Comments

• CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,939 ★★★★★
    You get the furies every time you power drain them below a power threshold. So, drain from sp3 to 2, 2 to 1, 1 to 0. It doesn't give it on all drains.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    With the improved version, as long as you have an armor up effect and you power drain the opponent (doesn’t need to go below any bars of power), you’ll get a passive fury.

Try out IMIW and watch his furies stack after you sp1 using MLLLL.
  • Realm_Of_RahRealm_Of_Rah Posts: 430 ★★★
    You dont need an armor up buff, just a tech champion that can power drain. Even works with the Cap IW tech synergy.
  • GrimXYZGrimXYZ Posts: 100
    I am well aware how else it can work with power drain even if there is no armor up. As I said I can use guillotine 2099 sp1 and Guardian MLLLL, as well as red skull parry to gain furies.

My question is specifically about how the power drain from armor up parry interact with gaining furies. The description says armor up parries will drain power, which should lead to fury gain. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. That is my question.
    There is no need to worry about draining past a bar of power starting this month.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    GrimXYZ said:

I am well aware how else it can work with power drain even if there is no armor up. As I said I can use guillotine 2099 sp1 and Guardian MLLLL, as well as red skull parry to gain furies.

My question is specifically about how the power drain from armor up parry interact with gaining furies. The description says armor up parries will drain power, which should lead to fury gain. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. That is my question.

do you have stupefy?
    I assume you mean pacify? I don't see why stupefy would do anything by extending stun duration.

I have 2/3 Pacify. But this is supposed to reduce enemy ability accuracy...is power technician an enemy ability? It's not my ability?
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    Nodes are always enemy abilitys. The same thing is happening with Seeing Red
    Voltolos said:

Nodes are always enemy abilitys. The same thing is happening with Seeing Red

I guess that explains it...but it sucks.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    To benefit from most cav EQ nodes, you have to remove pacify. As for power technician, it works anytime you power control your opponent. Use your Guilly 99 and put on both her lifesteal and power burn prefight, and watch your opponent melt and your health shoot up.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    GrimXYZ said:

I assume you mean pacify? I don't see why stupefy would do anything by extending stun duration.

I have 2/3 Pacify. But this is supposed to reduce enemy ability accuracy...is power technician an enemy ability? It's not my ability?

sorry I did mean pacify