**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Allow Class cat trade ins...

So as I’m sure your aware of Kabam, there’s a significant % of the community that doesn’t even use class catalyst crystals anymore. Plenty of class cats rot in the stash weekly. With the addition of 5* champs, you have made T4 basics and T1 alphas a massive bottle neck in the game.

One way to alleviate this problem would be to allow us to trade in T4 class catalysts for T4 basics. It can even be an even swap. Make it happen Kabam.

Comments

• Completely agreed. Make it happen. I would like to see a 2 t4basic for 1 t4c trade.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    At least T4 basics have an easy path to build up. The T1 alpha bottle neck is stupid. It can never be all things in moderation with Kabam. They used to be so plentiful we would sell them constantly. Now it's the slow crawl after you rank a 5*.
  • AyyyyLmaooooAyyyyLmaoooo Posts: 42
    edited October 2017
    A trade mechanism? Soon enough you'll have people wanting such a mechanism for other resources.

While I do agree on the bottleneck on T1 and T4Bs, there isn't a 'significant' percentage of players suffering from an bloated stash of T4Cs as OP has exaggerated. Only 300 alliances are consistently collecting these, a lot less probably have such a stash. Why should such a trade option benefit only the elite? It only serves to further widen the gap between those at the top and those wanting to catch up...

Instead, the Game Team should look to open up more avenues for these resources to be collected in near future. More of their quantity increased in monthly quests? 3- day events might be a viable option too since those rewards have been largely unchanged. It does freshen things up a little. Hopefully these suggestions are considered.
  • TellthemIAMTellthemIAM Posts: 169
    Vanquish wrote: »
    Completely agreed. Make it happen. I would like to see a 2 t4basic for 1 t4c trade.

It would be nice for lower tier players such as myself to also have the option to trade basics for t4cc crystals. 2 to 1 seems reasonable to me

• furymachine84furymachine84 Posts: 80
    They do it for health potions. Personally, I think t4b daily quest should award far more than it does. And there should be a t4c daily quest. And they need to award more in event, story, from aq awards. And I'd love to see more 4* awakening stones/crystals in the game. I'm pretty sure master mode awarded them a long time ago.
  • BluntMacheteBluntMachete Posts: 134
    Completely agreed. Make it happen. I would like to see a 2 t4basic for 1 t4c trade.

It would be nice for lower tier players such as myself to also have the option to trade basics for t4cc crystals. 2 to 1 seems reasonable to me
    I'd keep your basics...
  • KrazewulfosKrazewulfos Posts: 165
    significant percent? try maybe the top 10%. MAYBE top 15%. but the rest of us are starved for T4CC, and can still earn T4B, at a not so bad rate. (for us, anyways).
  • significant percent? try maybe the top 10%. MAYBE top 15%. but the rest of us are starved for T4CC, and can still earn T4B, at a not so bad rate. (for us, anyways).

I reckon it's wayyyyy less than that. Shared the numbers in my post. It's definitely under 10%, heck it's under 5%. It's not as if people aren't saving for new 5*s and 6*s when rosters expand.

Also checked OP's tag, he's from ISO8A, so yeah, can clearly see where his unique problem of overflowing stock of T4Cs come from. So clearly not a community's 'significant' issue!
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    significant percent? try maybe the top 10%. MAYBE top 15%. but the rest of us are starved for T4CC, and can still earn T4B, at a not so bad rate. (for us, anyways).

I reckon it's wayyyyy less than that. Shared the numbers in my post. It's definitely under 10%, heck it's under 5%. It's not as if people aren't saving for new 5*s and 6*s when rosters expand.

Also checked OP's tag, he's from ISO8A, so yeah, can clearly see where his unique problem of overflowing stock of T4Cs come from. So clearly not a community's 'significant' issue!

Significant doesn't imply a majority, or even a necessarily high percent.. even 5 percent, in this case, is a significant case to have different options for trading t4cc.
  • TellthemIAMTellthemIAM Posts: 169
    Dwark wrote: »

I'd keep your basics...

Wanna trade :)
  • DocJCDocJC Posts: 74
    Why does it matter? There’s an issue. I would say at least the top 100 alliances have this issue. Yea it may not be a huge % of the total population, but it’s a VERY significant issue for that small population.

Just because it’s not a huge % doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be addressed. Why is my issue any less important than yours? We are all just trying to advance in this game, regardless of each persons progression.

• I approve this message
  • Imac7065Imac7065 Posts: 365
    To be fair.. in a "freemium" game the dev's have to make certain things harder to obtain to encourage spending (part of being able to play for free)... people in lower tiers get tons of t1a.. people in upper tiers get more t4c
  • BlezzzzzzzzzBlezzzzzzzzz Posts: 45
    Imac7065 wrote: »
    To be fair.. in a "freemium" game the dev's have to make certain things harder to obtain to encourage spending (part of being able to play for free)... people in lower tiers get tons of t1a.. people in upper tiers get more t4c[/quote

Allowing players to trade existing assets is nothing more that an equal swap between 2 players that would allow for account growth and efficiency.

If your woried about the possibility of lost revenue from a player who arranges a trade of a useless catalyst to create benefit for someone else with a useless catalyst, then you really are new to this “freemium” game. Why would you want to allow a perfectly valuable catalyst go to waist when trading them would be a benefit to everyone involved.

Its very important to teach the concept that one persons trash can be another’s treasure. Today’s world is full of people who want instant gratification and if using your inventory in a more efficient manner hurts Kabams revenue, then its still a lesson worth teaching.

You should be ashamed of yourself for trying to stifle creative suggestions just for the sake of the developers revenue.
  • Me and Ariana concur with DocJC!
  • Imac7065 wrote: »
    To be fair.. in a "freemium" game the dev's have to make certain things harder to obtain to encourage spending (part of being able to play for free)... people in lower tiers get tons of t1a.. people in upper tiers get more t4c[/quote

Allowing players to trade existing assets is nothing more that an equal swap between 2 players that would allow for account growth and efficiency.

If your woried about the possibility of lost revenue from a player who arranges a trade of a useless catalyst to create benefit for someone else with a useless catalyst, then you really are new to this “freemium” game. Why would you want to allow a perfectly valuable catalyst go to waist when trading them would be a benefit to everyone involved.

Its very important to teach the concept that one persons trash can be another’s treasure. Today’s world is full of people who want instant gratification and if using your inventory in a more efficient manner hurts Kabams revenue, then its still a lesson worth teaching.

You should be ashamed of yourself for trying to stifle creative suggestions just for the sake of the developers revenue.
  • i approve that message as well!!
  • BlezzzzzzzzzBlezzzzzzzzz Posts: 45
    Maybe some of the contrarians on this thread don’t recycle their garbage, but the player community will always look for ways to utilize unnecessary assets about to expire. It is impossible to sell a class T4 and it represents a slap in the face to the player community.
  • Bearing in mind in the top 100 alliances in the game that's where progression peaks, why should we be forced to wait and wait and wait and wait to get what we need. There needs to be more diversity in the rewards given as you can do nothing with 1 half, having the rewards we need from content is all we ask
  • StavelotXoteStavelotXote Posts: 231
    I wouldn't mind catalyst splitting as I'm tired of running t3c quests that only give shards
  • Vis123456789Vis123456789 Posts: 69
    Yes I believe that this should happen but let this be realistic. With kabam the exchange rate would be 1 tier 4 class to 1 basic or the other way round u will need 5 tier 4 basics for 1 tier class. That is kabams logic.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    I think you should be able to trade or gift directly to someone using the badge. I orginly be lever when it came out that is what we were going to be able to do. You should be able to trade of gift.
    (Believed)
    You aught to be able to trade anything in your inventory except opened champs.
    Then one guy could specialize in mutants...hard as hell to get that many class cats! He trades his skill to a guy who is all about punisher and blackwidow. Better teams would emerge more interesting team builds...and greater competition. And seriously I doubt it would hurt the bottom line kabam, there are guys out there who would fund the team....
  • VavasourVavasour Posts: 258
    Agree with this suggestion, last month I was forced to level a 5 ⭐️ Ant Man or else all my science T4CC would have expired.
    Too many t4cc at the top and not enough in the middle and bottom. And seriously it was a little fun to collect shards and build special crystals at first but the shard thing is getting so overdone. So hard to be enthusiastic about "shards!" Its like "suprise! Suprise! Once again i get the least number of shards possible for the thing i dont even want shards for! After grinding for 3 days!" only time you do get excited about shards is when they are the last shards you need to complete something. Not enough in quest energy refills, not enough reasonable level revives and restores...it's all got a price...or a Hella lot of shards!
    And in the end it makes the game seem more like work than a game...
  • Vis123456789Vis123456789 Posts: 69
    yes t4ccs are so hard to get. Unless u are in top 300 alliances u get none which is a problem. the only other way is through alliance crystals but i feel it is better to get one from a map 3 crystal in 3 months (season 3 AQ) than getting a 250 tier 4 class catalyst shards per crystal (Season 4)
    That is the history, less and less, smaller and smaller, unless you are among those at the top. From occasional full refills on a quest map to longer maps with only occasional 5 packs. Hardly any but only level 1 or 2 revives and restores, no boosts. Why? Put them in chests, in ambush characters. It has all become a relentless unrewarding job to keep playing, which right now I am not. Nothing can be won complete...relentlessly building's I to get endless shards and pieces and then the fun of the thing is gone...just saying! It has all become dully predictable. I know what I am going to get 99 percent of the time! (Just like you already do!)