**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Archangel awakened or not has no significant change

IryseIryse Posts: 463 ★★★
edited December 2020 in Strategy and Tips
The only difference I saw in awakening is ability reduction percentage, apart from it there is no other benefit or awakening him. Maybe he’s ok without awakening.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
    Seriously?
  • Options
    Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    “Yeah imo AAs sig is pretty useless. It’s only silly AAR and passive heal block.”
  • Options
    JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    Iryse said:

The only difference I saw in awakening is ability reduction percentage, apart from it there is no other benefit or awakening him. Maybe he’s ok without awakening.

The ability accuracy reduction is so strong that on its own, it would already be worthy of a generic awakening gem. But on top of that, he gets some of the best heal block in the game, where do you not see the benefit and significance of it?
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020

The Heal Block is passive so you don't have to worry about tenacity. The AAR bypasses so many things. For one, he bypasses the root node in this side quest, and the double dash back node in 6.1.1 (can't remember the name). He's definitely much better with it

He does? LOL just explored that quest the hard way with him rank four and on the bench. 😐
  • Options
    Batman_bruce31Batman_bruce31 Posts: 210 ★★
    Seriously....I used my generic this month on him...
  • Options
    JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,391 ★★★★

The Heal Block is passive so you don't have to worry about tenacity. The AAR bypasses so many things. For one, he bypasses the root node in this side quest, and the double dash back node in 6.1.1 (can't remember the name). He's definitely much better with it

It bypasses the node !? How? Does this mean if I have 3 neurotoxins. Root just won’t work?
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    JessieS said:

It bypasses the node !? How? Does this mean if I have 3 neurotoxins. Root just won’t work?
    Yes, exactly that
  • Options
    LyingninjaLyingninja Posts: 182
    Lol
  • Options
    DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    I think OP doesn't know what AAR is.
  • Options
    Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    Hahahaaa good joke.
  • Options
    Everyone, maybe i didnt understand what acutally he does completely. Look i just awakened him and played a couple of rol tests. Its a good thing you all speak of his abilities more clearly than Kabam does in their brief explanation, and thats a reason I believe forum posts to be a better way of understanding things.

Everyone who’s being salty here, please you dont need to be.

Thanks
  • Options
    DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    Iryse said:

Everyone, maybe i didnt understand what acutally he does completely. Look i just awakened him and played a couple of rol tests. Its a good thing you all speak of his abilities more clearly than Kabam does in their brief explanation, and thats a reason I believe forum posts to be a better way of understanding things.

Thanks

If you don't know something simply ask. That title triggered a lot of people.
  • Options
    Djin said:

Iryse said:

Thanks

If you don't know something simply ask. That title triggered a lot of people.
    Thats why I mentioned the keyword “maybe” before writing he’s ok without awakening. I didnt say I guarantee or I am sure. I just mentioned my doubt, sad no one read this in the way it was mentioned.
  • Options

Hahahaaa good joke.

once you see @Fluffy_paws comment on an archangel thread you know he's right so thanks to you @Fluffy_paws I don't need to argue lol
  • Options
    SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
    Iryse said:

Your fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuny :D
  • Options
    GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★
    AAR is one of the best abilities in the game lets u bypass nodes and champions like Electros damage reflect
  • Options
    Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    @Iryse if you're genuinely curious and wanna learn imma leave this here
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/233058/archangel-my-rambling-write-up-on-my-favourite-champion

The sig ability value is incorrect and it's not everything, I've discovered more things since but it might help