**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Parry or dexerity?

I have enough for one but not the other, which one is better for a beginner

Comments

• Vis123456789Vis123456789 Posts: 69
    Parry but as u go on u should have both.
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Get dexterity first. It you can’t dodge ranged specials you’ll take way too much chip damage. Parry is more a luxury than dexterity is imo. You can play well without parry but you definitely need to get both, just go for dex first.
  • italian_treeitalian_tree Posts: 79
    dexterity
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Get dexterity first. It you can’t dodge ranged specials you’ll take way too much chip damage. Parry is more a luxury than dexterity is imo. You can play well without parry but you definitely need to get both, just go for dex first.

Pretty much the best answer you can get. Dexterity first.
  • Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    Parry
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,363 ★★★★★
    Depends on your long term goals:

Parry is much easier, and gives you faster rewards from day 1.

Dexterity is harder to get the benefits from, and you'll get punched in the face a lot in the beginning. But long term, you can become a better, more versatile player, and clear harder content.

I went with parry (before there was such a thing as 'stun immune'; and it took me far; but believe me: learning not to parry (to get the benefits from dexterity) is really hard.

If you go with dexterity, there are good videos on YouTube to teach you about it. Anyone have a training video for this guy? Paste it below.
  • FivesFives Posts: 118 ★★
    Honestly, the big thing is just picking one; neither one is far and away better than the other. I would honestly just eenie-meenie-minie-moe on this, then work towards getting the other one as soon as possible.
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    Dexterity.

It isnt near as bugged as parry.
  • Vision_41Vision_41 Posts: 721
    Parry, because stunning your opponent while blocking is better.
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Vision_41 wrote: »

How is that better than completely avoiding damage from the most basic specials like iron man? Parry is great but you can’t use it if chip damage from specials has killed you. And the sooner you start to learn the timing for each character the better. New champs are constantly being added so it will take a while to catch up and avoid taking unnecessary damage.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Vision_41 wrote: »

How is that better than completely avoiding damage from the most basic specials like iron man? Parry is great but you can’t use it if chip damage from specials has killed you. And the sooner you start to learn the timing for each character the better. New champs are constantly being added so it will take a while to catch up and avoid taking unnecessary damage.

A LOT of new specials are melee as well as ranged,

Dexterity isn’t perfect especially with certain ranged attacks (Spider-Man)

And parry is much easier to learn as a beginner as it’s much more straight forward and easier to use. Dexterity is very important but to start I’d say Parry!
  • KenshioKenshio Posts: 162
    what are you talking about ?
    just play one more day and get both !