**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Stuck at Cavalier

So today I completed Act7 Chapter 1 and yet again i couldn't form a single T5CC. I've explored the variants, I've explored every cavalier event and side quest since they came out and I've been doing Map7 with epic mods to get the T5CC shards. Also i bought the July 4th offers as a Cavalier and the Cyber Weekend that offered me T5CC. My only option is to either go on a path of the Abyss or to explore Act6 or Act7. Why just why? I believe this is a common problem and I would like a solution that wouldn't cause me to waste a lot of time just to catch up with the new progression level

Comments

• Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Bugz said:

So today I completed Act7 Chapter 1 and yet again i couldn't form a single T5CC. I've explored the variants, I've explored every cavalier event and side quest since they came out and I've been doing Map7 with epic mods to get the T5CC shards. Also i bought the July 4th offers as a Cavalier and the Cyber Weekend that offered me T5CC. My only option is to either go on a path of the Abyss or to explore Act6 or Act7. Why just why? I believe this is a common problem and I would like a solution that wouldn't cause me to waste a lot of time just to catch up with the new progression level

Why just why do you have to progress for the next progression title, I just have no clue.
  • Options

Lormif said:

Bugz said:

Why just why do you have to progress for the next progression title, I just have no clue.
    because Thronebreaker is insanely better than Cav. Cav is getting absolutely shafted, and Thronebreaker has great deals and rewards
    that has no bearing on the matter. Cav was insanely better than the uncollected and no one had an issue, by cause they were cav, now that they are not thronebreaker, and are unable to actually progress for the progression title, they have an issue with it.

The issue here is that cavs want the best rewards, but dont want to work towards getting the best rewards. Getting cav was too easy to be honest.
  • Options
    MeebletonMeebleton Posts: 552 ★★★
    That really sucks, but you must be close to at least 1 T5B unless RNG has been absolutely awful.
    I'd recommend exploring 7. 1, if you've done all that you should be able to handle it without using a lot of resources. Hopefully that should get you to Thronebreaker.
  • Options
    BugzBugz Posts: 5
    Lormif said:

Bugz said:

Well cause of rewards basically. I've probably achieved the same or even more than some of thronebreakers and I'm getting huge difference of rewards just cause of that. Cause this progression level requirements are actually luck based and not skill based unless you do a path of the Abyss
  • Options
    Lormif said:

Bugz said:

Do you really not understand why someone would want to progress up the ranks or are you just playing the fool to antagonise people?
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    Bugz said:

You know most of the TB's out there have done Abyss. I'd say a really good majority of them had Act 6 100% and at least a path of abyss done if not 100%. How long have you been doing map 7?
  • Options
    Blaker78 said:

i think the issue is that people are frustrated with the rng aspect of getting the title. They have progressed through the content but are stuck on a rankup.

Yep! I'm not the one that can make the sacrifice of ranking up a bad champion just to get the new level. I'm actually the one looking for a T5cc just so I can rank up someone.
  • Options
    Deadpool87Deadpool87 Posts: 573 ★★★
    Meebleton said:

That really sucks, but you must be close to at least 1 T5B unless RNG has been absolutely awful.
    I'd recommend exploring 7. 1, if you've done all that you should be able to handle it without using a lot of resources. Hopefully that should get you to Thronebreaker.

Yea, but what if his one T5CC he forms is the least desired one to him. What if he forms a Cosmic one and his only Cosmic 6*s are Groot, King Groot and Superior Iron Man?
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    Blaker78 said:

i think the issue is that people are frustrated with the rng aspect of getting the title. They have progressed through the content but are stuck on a rankup.

The idea it’s an rng title is a total myth. You get 4 full t5c currently from content (3 in abyss, 1 in act 6). You also get an abyss nexus, as well as a generic. It is impossible, and i have NEVER seen someone who has actually done the in game content be unable to get TB due to bad “rng”. Don’t believe in myths people!
  • Options

Bugz said:

You know most of the TB's out there have done Abyss. I'd say a really good majority of them had Act 6 100% and at least a path of abyss done if not 100%. How long have you been doing map 7?
    For a couple of months now. I know that are a lot of TB's have 100% explored everything but why would they actually tell us to rank up a champion to get the progression level? The correct way of doing this would actually be doing a path of Abyss and not forcing people to rank up.
  • Options

Meebleton said:

Yea, but what if his one T5CC he forms is the least desired one to him. What if he forms a Cosmic one and his only Cosmic 6*s are Groot, King Groot and Superior Iron Man?
    That's very possible, but there is a 25% selector in there so you at least have some control over what you get. I wasn't saying he's guaranteed to get what he wanted just offering advice on what I thought was the best way to go about getting Thronebreaker.
  • Options
    Meebleton said:

Meebleton said:

That's very possible, but there is a 25% selector in there so you at least have some control over what you get. I wasn't saying he's guaranteed to get what he wanted just offering advice on what I thought was the best way to go about getting Thronebreaker.
    Yeah i believe that is the best way to secure a T5CC plus the one that I actually want.
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★

because Thronebreaker is insanely better than Cav. Cav is getting absolutely shafted, and Thronebreaker has great deals and rewards

Getting thronebreaker is also insanely harder than getting Cav. Makes sense why the rewards are so good
  • Options
    Bugz said:

Lormif said:

Bugz said:

Well cause of rewards basically. I've probably achieved the same or even more than some of thronebreakers and I'm getting huge difference of rewards just cause of that. Cause this progression level requirements are actually luck based and not skill based unless you do a path of the Abyss
    the title is only based on luck if you are not the target for it. If you are the target for it then it is not luck.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    Bugz said:

Bugz said:

For a couple of months now. I know that are a lot of TB's have 100% explored everything but why would they actually tell us to rank up a champion to get the progression level? The correct way of doing this would actually be doing a path of Abyss and not forcing people to rank up.
    Well the original target was way into book 2. And now after doing my initial run through book 2, that's not even an accomplishment. The title was going to be given from doing much harder content but since they nerfed story content down to the point where it's not a challenge, they released the title early. The current requirements are stripped down from what it should have been. You'd be even further away if was kept in it's original state. They went to a ranking requirement because the content is too easy.

If you want to be TB, you have to be willing to do EVERYTHING to get there. I got there from my pass through Abyss. I got a mutant T5CC. I wasn't TB when it was released but I had my T5CC way before it was released. I had a few mutants in my roster and chose to rank Magneto. I waited a bit because I was hesitant about ranking someone unduped. I waited a few weeks and then duped Magneto.

The point is, keep doing what you are doing with Map 7 but if you want a faster track, do a path in abyss. More than anything, keep growing your roster.
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Lormif said:

Bugz said:

Because it's clear that being Cavalier has very little benefit in the game for account progression anymore, especially those who have been Cavalier for a long time. Others have already stated that the step up to Thronebreaker is a massive improvement for resources to increase roster strength, but the 2 "main" ways to do this are not fun in the slightest. Abyss is not fun. Act 6 exploration is not fun. We all know that Kabam pushed out this title to squeeze money from Cavliers who wanted more sources of account progression, and to milk the whales that would inevitably reap the benefits of adopting the title early, hence why they launched this title PRIOR to Cyber Weekend, and didn't wait until the release of Act 7.

I have done my fair share of Kabam defending, and the majority of the time it was justified, but this Thronebreaker/Cav disparity is so blindingly obvious and yet no one from Kabam will admit that they did it to squeeze extra money from people, and not because they wanted to actually reward people who have played their game for a considerable amount of time.
    yeah this explains it really well imo. pop off damien
  • Options
    Hoodie25Hoodie25 Posts: 312 ★★★
    I’ll be honest, I don’t think enough people understand how different act 6 is now that the nerfs are in place. Is it still pretty hard in certain areas because of some tricky node combinations? Of course! But in comparison to what it was, exploration is very doable.

I finished my initial act 6 completion run several months ago (although I had already fully explored 6.1) and the attack values were brutal. But not long after the nerfs were in place, I went in for exploration - and I was shocked at how different of an experience it was. You can take so many blocked hits now while still taking minimal damage, and most of the excessively difficult fights have been toned down to more manageable levels - take 6.2.2 Mr. Sinister, for example. On top of that, if you have a magneto, the imiw and darkhawk bosses all of a sudden become some of the easiest fights in the whole act.

So yeah, as of right now, I actually only have two paths left (stupid cosmic and tech gates in 6.2.5) before I’ve fully explored all of act 6 - and I only started on this project a few months ago. Granted, 6.2.5 and 6.2.6 are still very difficult and the class gates are overly restrictive, but other than that I feel like act 6 is well-balanced now. Anyways, all this is to say that an abyss run isn’t your only path to TB like most people seem to think. If you’re willing to grind for a little while and work around a few difficult sections, then act 6 is a viable option.
  • Options
    Hoodie25Hoodie25 Posts: 312 ★★★
    And just to clarify, that isn’t to say that cav players should just suck it up and stop complaining about the reward gap. We got absolutely shafted over cyber weekend and the anniversary calendar just rubs salt in the wound