**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Omega Red

So, Omega Red. He had been a top mutant and one of the top champions overall for a while now. However, it didn't come out of the box. He needed to be duped/awakened, brought to 200 sig and have suicide masteries (at least the Double Edge) turned on. This setup takes a long time and is very expensive. What I'm getting at is that really making him the beast he is not at all easy and quite an investment of time/money.

Now to the current state of Omega Red.

1) For more than a month his Death Field, which is his main weapon, had been broken. Damage starts at around 7 spores and it is scaled down until reaching 10 spores, when the damage starts to be what it is supposed to be. The damage should start at the first spore and rise as the number of spores rises. Kabam acknowledged this bug, but in no rush to fix it.

2) Gene splicing in AQ rendered him almost useless with suicides. Why? Because suicides make him bleed from the start of the fight, both healing him (through WP) and applying death spores on the opponent. With Gene Splicing this bleed is severely reduced in time for the first fight and completely non-existent in next 3. Basically, this means that suicide masteries for him are now punished, as he can turn on death first only on SP2, punishable by recoil.

So, the way I see it, from top champion in whom I invested quite a lot of time and money, he became much less useful in general and almost useless in AQ.

I really hope to see @Kabam Miike addressing this. I think not fixing such a critical bug (#1) for months and implicitly killing his interaction with suicides is just not acceptable. Gene splicing should really be a pre-flight ability, that players can turn on when needed, not a way to discourage usage of suicide masteries on one of top champs in the game.

Comments

• Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    You're doing a wrong decision. This isn't something else problem, the nodes are fine
  • Options
    miracle_mufflermiracle_muffler Posts: 153 ★★

You're doing a wrong decision. This isn't something else problem, the nodes are fine

Sorry, what? What nodes?
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    Gene Splicing here. is not really a valid argument here. I mean, he still works perfectly well in every other game mode. It's just one node he isnt't great for. The death field I can see as being a problem but Kabam have said they are trying to fix it with the next update and weren't able to do it in this update.
  • Options

Gene Splicing here. is not really a valid argument here. I mean, he still works perfectly well in every other game mode. It's just one node he isnt' t great for. The death field I can see as being a problem but Kabam have said they are trying to fix it with the next update and weren't able to do it in this update.

As I wrote, he became much less useful in general and almost useless in AQ. Former because of the bug and latter because of the bug and gene splicing.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    gene splicing isn’t a valid argument.

He’s still a beast for everything else. He isn’t going to lose all of his value because you can’t use him for this season of aq
  • Options
    I personally use him all the time on AQ. No suicides at all, not even on bleed nodes if needed.
    He still does the work perfectly fine.
  • Options

Gene Splicing here. is not really a valid argument here. I mean, he still works perfectly well in every other game mode. It's just one node he isnt' t great for. The death field I can see as being a problem but Kabam have said they are trying to fix it with the next update and weren't able to do it in this update.

As I wrote, he became much less useful in general and almost useless in AQ. Former because of the bug and latter because of the bug and gene splicing.
    My point was Gene Splicing is just another node that kinda counters Omega. Just like some nodes hamper Quake and Ghost, this node affects Omega. Even without deathfield, his normal degen from 10 death spores is still very good so, it's not like he is borderline useless.
  • Options

I personally use him all the time on AQ. No suicides at all, not even on bleed nodes if needed.

Obviously, if you don't use suicides, it doesn't matter if gene splicing is there or not. Suicides combined with high signature supposed to quickly melt your opponent. That is what makes him so good and that is the reason people invest in him. Yes, you can do things differently and have none of the feats I described enabled, but then it is not the same champ.
  • Options
    FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★
    He only shrugs off the bleed from gene splicing in the first fight then he is 100% resistant for the following 3 fights. This gives you even more healing as he'll take no bleed damage but still have his death field active.
  • Options

My point was Gene Splicing is just another node that kinda counters Omega. Just like some nodes hamper Quake and Ghost, this node affects Omega. Even without deathfield, his normal degen from 10 death spores is still very good so, it's not like he is borderline useless.
    It is a global node. If it was a local node, fine, just do the fight with some other champ. Quake and Ghost do not require the kind of investment Omega requires, so it is not really a fare comparison.
  • Options

It is a global node. If it was a local node, fine, just do the fight with some other champ. Quake and Ghost do not require the kind of investment Omega requires, so it is not really a fare comparison.
    Quake and Ghost both need a much higher skill level to get the performance you expect and Ghost also thrives with Suicides and her sig.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Frosty said:

He only shrugs off the bleed from gene splicing in the first fight then he is 100% resistant for the following 3 fights. This gives you even more healing as he'll take no bleed damage but still have his death field active.

I don't think you have any experience with this global boost.
  • Options
    Kill_Grey said:

Frosty said:

Go read the node again. I also use Omega in AQ and he keeps the bleed on after the first fight until the cross fight expires
  • Options

Quake and Ghost both need a much higher skill level to get the performance you expect and Ghost also thrives with Suicides and her sig.
    Of course, but my point is that out of the box both Ghost and Quake are much better champs than Omega and they require only skill to be top champs in the game, unlike Omega, who requires a heavy investment (very expensive masteries and 200 sig which takes forever unless you buy various offers).
  • Options
    gp87gp87 Posts: 325 ★★★
    Global node is not a problem. Some champs help them some champs not.

The real problem is death field bug. It must be fixed. Its a bug problem & nodes are part of the game.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Frosty said:

Kill_Grey said:

Frosty said:

Go read the node again. I also use Omega in AQ and he keeps the bleed on after the first fight until the cross fight expires
    It doesn't work like that for me. For most of the fights, the bleed disappears almost immediately on my mutants, so idk what you're talking about.
  • Options

Obviously, if you don't use suicides, it doesn't matter if gene splicing is there or not. Suicides combined with high signature supposed to quickly melt your opponent. That is what makes him so good and that is the reason people invest in him. Yes, you can do things differently and have none of the feats I described enabled, but then it is not the same champ.
    Is what I've been trying to say. That is not the node problem, or the game problem at all.
    You made the decision to use suicide masteries, nothing is forcing you. You can always opt to not use them at all
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Kill_Grey said:

Frosty said:

Kill_Grey said:

Frosty said:

It doesn't work like that for me. For most of the fights, the bleed disappears almost immediately on my mutants, so idk what you're talking about.
    My first fight the bleed disappeared quickly after that it stayed on as it usually does for the next 3 fights except this time there was no bleed damage
  • Options

Is what I've been trying to say. That is not the node problem, or the game problem at all.
    You made the decision to use suicide masteries, nothing is forcing you. You can always opt to not use them at all
    Nothing is forcing me to use Omega, do AQ or play this game, for that matter. I do, however, expect an investment, like bringing Omega to full potential, to be rewarding at least the same way it was when it was reached. Currently it is not, both because of the bug, which is not debatable, and gene splicing, which, IMHO, should have been optional rather than enforced, being a beneficial node, officially, rather than punishing.
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Better than bleed immune AW season. A champion doesn’t work for some content. Cool okay. I think Kabam should remove the hit limit on Abyss since my r5 G2099 can hardly get ramped to anything before she loses.

Just because the bleed immunity benefits some people doesn’t mean it has to for everyone. Sure it sucks you can’t use OR in AQ for a while, but he still kicks butt almost everywhere else. Diverse rosters as the key.
  • Options

Better than bleed immune AW season. A champion doesn’t work for some content. Cool okay. I think Kabam should remove the hit limit on Abyss since my r5 G2099 can hardly get ramped to anything before she loses.

Just because the bleed immunity benefits some people doesn’t mean it has to for everyone. Sure it sucks you can’t use OR in AQ for a while, but he still kicks butt almost everywhere else. Diverse rosters as the key.

Yeah, except everywhere else health and revive potions are relatively cheap and easy to harvest. In AQ/AW price of healing or reviving your champs is very high and Omega is one of the few top champs you can start a fight with 350hp from L1 revive and heal to a reasonable value, IF suicide masteries are working as expected. My AQ team is Mags, Omega and Corvus exactly because they all heal from suicides.
  • Options
    MeebletonMeebleton Posts: 552 ★★★
    Omega is still one of the best champs in the game even without suicides
  • Options
    JonnySnowJonnySnow Posts: 117
    I can agree with what your saying to certain extents but honestly I feel like this is a bit dramatic.

I 100% agree that Gene Splicing hinders him quite a bit compared to before it was a thing. I could finish an entire AQ with 100% health and only use OR. Now its more difficult. But like said by a few above, that's only one aspect of the game.

He is still a top tier champ everywhere else. As for the bug issues I feel it doesn't really sacrifice THAT much damage but it's still a pain that he isn't working correctly so I understand. Should Kabam prioritize it better.. sure. Are they slammed with other issues from giving us free stuff.. yes.

Like i said I agree with what you're saying but I also believe it's a little dramatic.