Options

Not being able to use generic R2 to R3 gems

Hey after this variant I now have some Generic 5* R2 to R3 gems in my overflow and was looking to use them so they don't expire.
But when I try to use them they automatically default to a class gem I have in my inventory.
How wouldI go about using the generic ones instead of the class based ones?

Comments

• Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Yeah, that's the only thing holding me back from going into variant 6. You have to use the class gems, because support probably won't help you.

You could still contact them either way.
  • Options
    HendrossHendross Posts: 944 ★★★
    After exploring variant 6, I have 3 in overflow now. I've contacted support, there's many threads on this known issue.
  • Options
    VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    Whats the problem with using the class gem? You just beat a variant with a gold boost active, you cant not have enough gold to use a rank up gem more than you planned right?
  • Options

Voltolos said:

Whats the problem with using the class gem? You just beat a variant with a gold boost active, you cant not have enough gold to use a rank up gem more than you planned right?

He just said he has generic in overflow and wants to get rid of them first... did you even read the question? He only wants to use the generic so it doesn't go to waste
    Then use it on a different champ?
  • Options
    PHJfinPHJfin Posts: 60
    edited December 2020
    Even though they are generic, they can't be used for everyone. They have year limits, ex. 2017.

Edit : oh, this is different issue. OP issue has been for a long time.
  • Options
    Noob_Master69Noob_Master69 Posts: 677 ★★★★
    Voltolos said:

It's not the gold that's the problem, it's the ISO
  • Options

Voltolos said:

You dont need to level every champ
  • Options
    Voltolos said:

Voltolos said:

You dont need to level every champ
    If I want to use it on a champ that's currently R1 I sure do need to level them up a few times before I can use a gem
  • Options
    WarDynasty_8WarDynasty_8 Posts: 25
    Can someone see the problem I posted today and give me a solution
  • Options
    WarDynasty_8WarDynasty_8 Posts: 25
    My game is not opening
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,576 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    You have to contact Kabams customer svc and tell them who you'd like to use the generic gem on. Best of luck dealing with their "support".
  • Options
    MikeHock said:

You have to contact Kabams customer svc and tell them who you'd like to use the generic gem on. Best of luck dealing with their "support".

Thanks, sent them a message. Hope they can do something
  • Options
    HendrossHendross Posts: 944 ★★★
    Just heard back from support today after 4 days. They are no longer providing gem swapping services.
  • Options
    Hendross said:

Just heard back from support today after 4 days. They are no longer providing gem swapping services.

Yup got the same mail back too.
    Kinda ****
  • Options
    Gaurav363Gaurav363 Posts: 37
    @Noobmaster_69 raise a ticket...kabam will sort it out....samething happened wid me
  • Options
    Gaurav363 said:

@Noobmaster_69 raise a ticket...kabam will sort it out....samething happened wid me

This is the reply I have gotten, seems like they aren't very consistent when it comes to this issue

• Options
    @RichTheMan any chance you can bring light to this situation?