Options

AW: is it any more difficult??

I'm not a cynic by nature, and it's important that I point that out before stating what I've observed so far in this week's AW:

It wasn't even over a week ago when Miike indicated that getting full completion in AW would be a "rare event". That left a small glimmer of hope in me that AW would not be the garbage that it has since become. However, I am here to report that having gone through almost a full AW since the "update", I see very little, if any difference. Looking at the "chart" Miike posted about the changes (e.g., defender node goes from +75% ISO-infused to +100% ISO-infused, etc.), I can't help but truly wonder what the devs were thinking by increasing attack and health by a mere 25%, and then proclaiming that would someone make AW full completion a "rare event". In essence, that means you simply have to get one or two more 5-hit combos on a defender to kill them.. I struggle to see how that all of a sudden fundamentally makes complete clearing "rare"..??

I hate to sound like a broken record, but with so many changes (not to even mention all the numerous bugs, glitches and node screw-ups), I struggle with understanding how the "old" AW was fundamentally broken? The peculiar thing about it being 'broken' is that the message was coming from Kabam, not the players. I base this observation on the quantitative fact that if you search the forums for "AW" posts that describe frustration or errors/bugs prior to the major overhaul of AW, and compare that with a similar search *AFTER* the overhaul of AW, it is overwhelming..! The quantity of posts expressing frustration and disappointment *AFTER* the overhaul is alarming..!

I can tell you this, if Blizzard ran this game, this would have NEVER happened..

Comments

• Options
    GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    They changed the nodes? Huh. Didn't even notice.
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,113 ★★★★★
    Grimmbear wrote: »
    They changed the nodes? Huh. Didn't even notice.
    Lol same I didn't notice till I read this post and I was just on AW

• Options
    Renegade_DoggyRenegade_Doggy Posts: 358 ★★
    edited October 2017
    People don't like change in nature.
    They gave us this change without any testing, so in essence, we have become the beta testers.

They are now learning, once again, why releasing something to the public without testing does not go well. Will they actually stop doing so in the future? Likely not. It is their single biggest flaw as a company.

To get this back on topic, yes, this AW has alot of complaints. Is it harder than previous? No way. But it got them out of a pigeon hole the prior system created - defenders are not a select few champions. Sure, in this new system, it makes defenses pretty pointless, but at least your "stellar defense" isn't defined solely by how many nightcrawlers and team mystics every team brings. It also indirectly dealt with the "Every defender has 5/5 MD" complaint.
  • Options
    axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    The alliance we just faced didn't diversify at all; nightcrawlers, bpcw, mordo...etc everywhere. It was still simple. I'm fine with not diversifying - it's war, you put up your best defense (the best defenders we grinded and paid to rank up). The lack of defender kills is still the worst aspect of this new aw, right next to the ease of the map.
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    It's almost as if the dev team neither plays nor understands the game they develop.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    The new nodes were added? I didn’t notice anything different
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    The new nodes were added. War still sucks..lol
  • Options
    Wil6541Wil6541 Posts: 273
    New nodes still 100 to 100 and defender rating is only way to win now what a crappy setup. New war is just terrible. Too easy and winner decided as soon as champs are placed.
  • Options
    CaptainEpiqCaptainEpiq Posts: 25
    Yup, so far alliances are still getting 95%+ completion.. It's unfortunate Kabam can't foresee this like their 'customers' can... :/
  • Options
    Imac7065Imac7065 Posts: 365
    just my experience... my war both sides completed 100% with more than 5 hours to spare and although my ally had 20% more defender kills.. we lost on diversity.. Thanks kabam!
  • Options
    SvainSvain Posts: 453 ★★
    Huh, I honestly didn't even know the node changes went into effect. Seriously.
  • Options
    Neither did I. I was under the belief they did, based on Kabam posts. I certainly hope that they have not gone live yet, because there is literally no difference between the defender nodes now and a week ago.
  • Options
    The only thing aw is now a days is boring.
  • Options
    Meh.. I tend to think of it as a necessary evil..
  • Options
    KocheeseKocheese Posts: 391 ★★
    Diversity is was actually needed, and it's a simple fix to bring back defender kills. Don't understand why not. But it's pretty easy just like before. No deaths occur until minis. And we are in tier 1. And the map is pretty mundane and just boring. Game is really boring ATM. Just hope things get fixed before it's too late.
  • Options
    Aw is terrible now . Add it to list of garbage this game has become. What a joke, why would they bring back defender kill pts, it means less cash for kabam, lost 2 of 3 aw on d rating pts. 25 more d kills and still lose, its a money grab, unfortunately alot of people are still buying aw wins. Thats all kabam cares about. Cash. Smh
  • Options
    Wil6541Wil6541 Posts: 273
    New nodes did nothing for sure still 100 to 100. Just squeaked a win thanks to defense rating. If kills counted we would have won by a mile. So kabam gets what they want. People trying to buy a win some succeed some fail and they have no clue until war is over. You gotta feel bad for mass item use for impossible win.
  • Options
    KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    We've moved away from diversity and placed our best defenders and have just decided to let it ride out. We have won both wars (2 BG's) 100% to 75-83%. We are facing super easy fights while watching our opponents all spread out then 3 or 4 of them get ko'd in the middle sections before taking the nodes that link the middle mini. This is with about 68 diversity to 95-100 diversity. The other guys could have won easily if they had spent, that would have been fine, we didn't need to and won. This has made war fun again, we know going in we are at a disadvantage and are just there to play and not spend on war. There's no stress and watching the other team struggle has made it fun again.

I think with everyone trying to hit 50 per bg diversity it has made the fights much easier. When guys are loosing 2/3 of their health per fight and seeing how much they are going to have to spend to win, they are just giving up. The rewards aren't worth the money when you can buy deals cheaper.
  • Options
    A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    Nope. It's even more boring
  • Options
    ProtisakProtisak Posts: 66
    edited October 2017
    I like the direction but the execution is lacking. I like the points added for diversity. It makes the game less predictable and i am hoping they are basing this move on the future of the game where we will have better defensive heroes to choose from like morningstar and mephisto. Both have strong defensive abilities. The nodes are fine, no matter what they do people will 100% especially in the higher tiers. We occasionally 100% the old maps and could have done it many more times but the wars didnt call for it. What is lacking is the penalty for being bad. There is no longer a penalty for sucking so most fights are decided out the gate. If an alliance dies 10 times more than you completing the map it doesnt count for anything. The only reason maps werent 100 % all the time with the old map is people managed deaths too. You stopped when it started to hurt your alliance. Kabam listen to the comminty and please re instate a value for defender kills. Only then will this thing work as intended
  • Options
    Bottom line: Kabam is a business offering services. And as such, we are consumers with plenty of choices. Personally, I'm at the point come November, if aw isn't fixed, I'll simply jump ship.

I would be cheating myself if I stuck around fpr more of this.