Options

Question for devs: Gifting and people that scam other players for Greater gifting crystals

I wonder what should be done with people in global that lie to other people in order to get greater gifting crystals. I even have proof of someone lying to me (combination of support ticket and screenshot), however I am not even certain if I am allowed to call the person out on scamming even with proof. What can I do and what should I do?

My personal preference would go out to avoiding all of this and just make a trading option for gifting with lock in trade mechanics, so this simply cannot happen anymore (it is of course more work for the devs and that is why I am wondering if there are other solutions)

Comments

• Options
    Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 865 ★★★★
    Just report scammers to support or something. That's probably the best option.
  • Options
    There is no such option as far as I have discovered in the game, only if player is still in friendlist or has posted in global would this option be available to me.
  • Options
    Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 865 ★★★★
    You can just take a screenshot and send it via a ticket to support. Unless I'm misunderstanding your question.
  • Options
    I can and already did, but there is no subject that allows you to report a player, all you can do is confirm that you sent it to that person and make a screenshot of a person claiming not to have received the greater gifting crystal. In this regard there is nothing that can be done as far as I know.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,047 ★★★★★
    Never trade with someone you don’t know, and if you do make em send first. Good life lesson beyond mcoc!
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,942 ★★★★★
    Scammers are doing nothing against the TOS. Don’t trust people on global.
  • Options
    They are not required to sent something back, however if they make a promise to do so in return then in normal legal grounds they would be. However inside a game this gets a bit trickier. Do the devs really want to encourage a player base that lies and get rewarded for it? Or prevent this by at least creating tools that make the gifting a more pleasant experience. Gifting must remain an option, but a trading option with lock in mechanics would go a long way.

• Options
    The advise not to trust people in global is a bit sad, because it illustrates my point perfectly of a growing player base that is lying and gets rewarded for it. Is this really the direction you want to go? And will this be good for the longevity of the game?
  • Options
    Destroyer123Destroyer123 Posts: 368 ★★
    edited December 2020

They are not required to sent something back, however if they make a promise to do so in return then in normal legal grounds they would be. However inside a game this gets a bit trickier. Do the devs really want to encourage a player base that lies and get rewarded for it? Or prevent this by at least creating tools that make the gifting a more pleasant experience. Gifting must remain an option, but a trading option with lock in mechanics would go a long way.

A promise in a game chat has legit zero legal bearing at all so no.

Just don’t trade with randoms on global and this issue resolved itself
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,942 ★★★★★

The advise not to trust people in global is a bit sad, because it illustrates my point perfectly of a growing player base that is lying and gets rewarded for it. Is this really the direction you want to go? And will this be good for the longevity of the game?

Really? No mater where you go, people will lie for free stuff. That won’t change anytime soon. Never trust strangers.
  • Options
    The behavior of others is amplified by the expectations of yourself, be careful not to color a world too bleak to live in or in this case play in (not just related to the game).
  • Options
    That is a matter of opinion Snizzbar, but yes it is a perspective that is valid to have. I personally do not agree with it due to the consequence of the perspective that you have.
  • Options
    If you are walking down the steeet and some random dude comes up to you like hey man let’s trade (insert random object here) would you trust that? Global is no different
  • Options
    Simple solution : Trade only with alliance mates and friends whom you know through discord or any other chat
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    1: If you want "trade", deal with someone you know for long time, like your partner, friends playing MCOC in real life or long-term alliance mates, not from someone in global chats.

2: Forum can't help you to resolve potential scam issue. The best way is to screenshot what you did and file a support ticket at Kabam website. See if the support staff can help you to revert back the GGCs you sent and the pull that potential scammer did.

3: I sent out 12 GGCs without even informing the recipients. Some are current and ex-alliance mates. All ex-alliance mates reverted but some current alliance mates didn't. But a gift is a gift. That's what gift are for, not a trade.
  • Options
    HI_guys said:

Crcrcrc said:

Scammers are doing nothing against the TOS. Don’t trust people on global.

They're exploiting a game feature
    The game feature is gifting the entire event is based on trades (not gifts ) so really everyone is exploiting the feature but hey
  • Options
    Normax_XNormax_X Posts: 540 ★★★
    i said it 100 times and ill say it again, if people who got scammed for the third year, thats on u lol
    when will people learn to not trade with random people on global chat smh
  • Options
    Since a lot of the comments show that I am being unclear. This is not just a question of preventing scamming, but a question of where we wan to go as a community of gamers. To make it easier to treat each other with respect and trust. Enabling the player base by introducing for example a trading system.

The current situation requires me to already irl people I can trust/alliance members etc.
    However not everyone will have alliance members/people who also play this game or set up sub accounts (because that really takes a lot of time)

To make the incentive to spend on Christmas better, because people can rely on their gift being returned or knowing that its a gift and not a mandatory return from an alliance member. You won't have to feel bad because there was that one alliance member that you could not return a gift to them. I think it will be healthier as a community.

Tldr:
    think a bit broader than just the personal perspective and instead about the community