**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Magneto Noob Question

I ranked up 4* Red Magneto to counter the Stryfe boss in the Cav EQ. He’s working great but I’m still not used to him. I find that sometimes Mags loses some of his prowess charges before I throw a special. When I read the description it seems that the charges are indefinite and I don’t see any reason for him losing them. What am I missing? Does it have something to do with Stryfe or the node? Or do I just not understand how magneto’s prowess works? Thanks for your input, Magneto veterans.

Comments

• Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Zan0 said:

No Magneto veteran but the prowess he gets which are permanent are the ones which he gets by actually landing his heavies. When charging block for a while, he has a chance to double his prowess. The prowess generated by those can expire.

Not a chance to double. It's guaranteed
    Oh ok then.
  • Options
    NumanNuman Posts: 276 ★★
    He has 2 kinds of prowess
    1 he gets by knocking opponent down(big juicy prowess) against non metal 5 is the limit and metal no limit
    2 he gets by holding block and duplicating existing ones, these expire but you can refresh them periodically by charging heavy long enough
  • Options
    PastorAmericaPastorAmerica Posts: 458 ★★★
    Numan said:

1 he gets by knocking opponent down(big juicy prowess) against non metal 5 is the limit and metal no limit
    2 he gets by holding block and duplicating existing ones, these expire but you can refresh them periodically by charging heavy long enough

Thanks! That helps. Do the two types of prowess display as different icons? Or are they just all lumped together into the same icon? How can you keep track of which are the ones from the knockdowns and which are the ones from the heavy charge?

• Options
    TheMimicTheMimic Posts: 12
    They're lumped together into the same icon but you'll know when they expire because of the timer around them. Once they expire the indefinite prowess are still there until you use a special
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,724 ★★★★

I ranked up 4* Red Magneto to counter the Stryfe boss in the Cav EQ. He’s working great but I’m still not used to him. I find that sometimes Mags loses some of his prowess charges before I throw a special. When I read the description it seems that the charges are indefinite and I don’t see any reason for him losing them. What am I missing? Does it have something to do with Stryfe or the node? Or do I just not understand how magneto’s prowess works? Thanks for your input, Magneto veterans.

In my experience, if I'm building up to sp3 and some of them drop off early, then i just hold off on firing the sp3. It doesn't take long to get back to 30-40 prowess & then fire it off.
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Zan0 said:

Numan said:

Pretty sure the limit is 99 indefinite prowess and 40 temporary on top. So 139 in total
    You can only get 30 temporary. So the max is 129 against metal champs and 35 against nonmetal.
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★

Numan said:

Thanks! That helps. Do the two types of prowess display as different icons? Or are they just all lumped together into the same icon? How can you keep track of which are the ones from the knockdowns and which are the ones from the heavy charge?

They’re displayed as the same icon. The trick to knowing when they’ll expire is when you charge heavy while at max temporary prowess (30) all of the timers get reset to full. So you won’t see any added but you’ll see the timer increase. This makes it so that you have more time at higher prowess to throw a special. If the new timer is about to expire, you charge another heavy to stop it from doing so.
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    Zan0 said:

No Magneto veteran but the prowess he gets which are permanent are the ones which he gets by actually landing his heavies. When charging block for a while, he has a chance to double his prowess. The prowess generated by those can expire.

Not a chance to double. It's guaranteed
    Like kabam, you may say it's 420% chance
  • Options
    Dark_NinjasDark_Ninjas Posts: 14

Numan said:

Just do parry, MLH until 2 bars of power, and then parry M hold heavy till an sp3. You should get around 40 prowness which is enough for a 5 star, and is a significant chunk for a 4 star.

For a 4 star you might have to have maybe 40-45 prowess to get the juicy damage