**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Abyss help!

benhunchobenhuncho Posts: 13
edited January 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Howdy! No, don't shiver at the title (though it is quite scary), I'm just here for a little help! Recently, I just pulled Longshot and decided it was about time to think about the abyss. I'm free to play, and have got a good stack of units due to the cyber weekend deals(or lack of!), and would love to be most efficient with them if possible. I am through act 7.1, and have explored the first two quests. I'm about 50% of a mystic catalyst, but after getting Longshot I thought maybe try my luck at the big daddy (you see what I did there?)!

Now I don't have that elusive single armed gladiator, but am a fan of the great Brian Grant and know he took the duo of Sassyq and Sabretooth. I've got an r5 sassy and can rank up my unduped wolverine fiend. Does his dupe make a huge difference? I know the Regen is nice but is it essential in the abyss?

I've heard sym supreme is amazing for the easy path, I don't have him or Doom; but I've heard of a couple summoners having a splendid time with prince charming himself! I've watched some videos of the lucky son a gun against VtD, and see he's got potential. I think he'd work as my mystic, would the big fur ball (Sasquatch) help at all?

For my mystic slayer, I've got options. I have an r1 torch (unduped) who I can take up to r2; I've also got an r4 torch who I can put a science gem in and take up. I've got a sig46 r5 Void (I'm a void enthusiast and consider myself a better Void player than Torch), I know he's the safe choice, who would you guys take, void or 5/6 star torch?

For my fifth slot, I've narrowed it down to three choices. I've got the one eyed bandit who I know does great against Invisible Woman while providing a nice attack boost to my sassy and maybe torch. I've got stealthy at r2, and know he can potentially get some solos. I also can go old reliable with Heimdall, but I'm new to the Abyss so I'll take any advice I can get!!

I've got my roster attached, I'd love any help I can get; I know I've given my thoughts but I've also never stared into this Gwenpool assisted quest, so if you have something radically new to bring to the table, I'd love to hear it!! I've also got my masteries attached, I know I'd like despair at 3/3, and if I use Nick I'd probably want some deep wounds points. I'm at 2/5 mystic dispersion, and can take it up to 3 but I don't think that much MD points help Longshot? I'm not too sure though.

If you guys can drop any bits of wisdom, I'd love to soak it up! If not, that's all right too and I hope you have a great day!

Thanks again

Comments

• MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,108 ★★★★
    You have unit man at rank 15k, you can probably use rhino... Jokes aside, I'm saving up for it too at the mo, have aegon, but also corvus. Given the comments on here previously, at I understand it, corvus is a great collector option. Can saber with sassy do as well?

Because fitting those three in, doesn't leave much more room (void and Heimdall, it maybe torch instead of void as he can do IW too??)... So unless saber is a viable alternative for the collector, you may be in for a rough time.

Nothing those units can't solve though.
  • benhunchobenhuncho Posts: 13

You have unit man at rank 15k, you can probably use rhino... Jokes aside, I'm saving up for it too at the mo, have aegon, but also corvus. Given the comments on here previously, at I understand it, corvus is a great collector option. Can saber with sassy do as well?

Because fitting those three in, doesn't leave much more room (void and Heimdall, it maybe torch instead of void as he can do IW too??)... So unless saber is a viable alternative for the collector, you may be in for a rough time.

Nothing those units can't solve though.

Thanks for the info mate! I'd love to bring Corvus along, I'm not 100% sure on how the skirmish charges work and does corvus' 3 hit combo fit into that? I'm wondering if he can get any solos, yet I know he's one of the top, if not the best, options. I'm not committing to Sabretooth at all, but just wondering where I can get that big damage dealer! Thanks for the response!
    I've watched some videos that don't advise bringing a counter to thing (i.e stealthy), and was thinking brining Nick in for that 5th spot, but is there anyone out there who can help with anything?
  • Mars_UltorMars_Ultor Posts: 159
    I don't know much about Abyss, so take my advice with a grain of salt, but from my limited knowledge...

1. Nick Fury
    2. Void
    3. Human Torch

Those 3 I'm sure about. The next to are purely on my knowledge of the game, and not what I've seen in videos or anything, but these would be my recommendations.

Cull Obsidian
    This is my strongest recommendation. I may not know the abyss, but I do know Cull, and I know that Rout with enough armor breaks deals serious, serious damage, even to much higher level characters. I once ran sector 1 incursions with 3* (Just for kicks) and the 5,000 PI characters that my other guys weren't touching dropped like nothing to my 3*, R1 LV1 Cull Obsidian.

Guillotine 2099
    I don't know much about her fighting style, so this might be a bad shout. But I know she's combo-based to a certain extent, which is perfect for Abyss.

Omega Red
    Seeing as your biggest limitation in the abyss is the enrage meter, with a limited number of hits, having a character that can deal damage without touching the opponent could come in handy.

Cap IW
    Again, I throw him in because he's one of your high-level, really good champs. But I don't know the abyss, so you might wanna check that somewhere...

Gwenpool
    That damage cap on specials could come in handy, but that's the extent of this character's usefulness.

My other advice is to put 4/4 in Block proficiency if you haven't already, and do your best to get assassins.

Again, I don't know much, but I do know this. 15,000 unit will take you far in life.
  • YTBigSYTBigS Posts: 43

I don't know much about Abyss, so take my advice with a grain of salt, but from my limited knowledge...

1. Nick Fury
    2. Void
    3. Human Torch

Those 3 I'm sure about. The next to are purely on my knowledge of the game, and not what I've seen in videos or anything, but these would be my recommendations.

Cull Obsidian
    This is my strongest recommendation. I may not know the abyss, but I do know Cull, and I know that Rout with enough armor breaks deals serious, serious damage, even to much higher level characters. I once ran sector 1 incursions with 3* (Just for kicks) and the 5,000 PI characters that my other guys weren't touching dropped like nothing to my 3*, R1 LV1 Cull Obsidian.

Guillotine 2099
    I don't know much about her fighting style, so this might be a bad shout. But I know she's combo-based to a certain extent, which is perfect for Abyss.

Omega Red
    Seeing as your biggest limitation in the abyss is the enrage meter, with a limited number of hits, having a character that can deal damage without touching the opponent could come in handy.

Cap IW
    Again, I throw him in because he's one of your high-level, really good champs. But I don't know the abyss, so you might wanna check that somewhere...

Gwenpool
    That damage cap on specials could come in handy, but that's the extent of this character's usefulness.

My other advice is to put 4/4 in Block proficiency if you haven't already, and do your best to get assassins.

Again, I don't know much, but I do know this. 15,000 unit will take you far in life.

cull wont work cuz of damage cap, guillotine wont work cuz of hit cap, idk about omega, cap iw wont work cuz damage and hit cap, gwenpool idk
    Cheers for the help @YTBigS and @Mars_Ultor ! I'm thinking I'm going to need Corvus to take down the collector, because Sabretooth won't be able to get to his l3 to keep his furies up. So maybe I take out nick and throw in Corvus? I think a Sabretooth/sassy/torch/longshot/corvus team could work, but I could certainly be wrong. I've seen a torch solo vs invisible women, so I think I'm okay without Nick, though he'd be nice. Can Nick work against the collector?