**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Gifting: What happened to it? Also, this maybe a good idea..

Hey Kabam,

So my first question is: why did you guys remove the gifting ability? If I had to make an educated guess, I'm assuming a lot of complaining started taking place when people didn't honor their word that they would repay their debt?

If this is the case, I respect why you guys did it but what if we were given the ability to gift revives every two weeks? I know you guys run the same risk of multiple complaints but at least with revives, it's not large prizes that cost real money. I think as an alliance, we should be able to gift members who are struggling to get past certain content.

If you guys are worried about how many revives members are gifting each other, maybe there can be a limit (like in the AW). Anyway, hopefully you guys consider this as it could be a great asset to help members within our Alliance.

Comments

• Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    Gifting is a Christmas-only thing
  • Options
    ImGodMFImGodMF Posts: 459 ★★★
    Credit card fraud and unit bots make gifting bad
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    Zan0 said:

Crcrcrc said:

That is true now but it wasn't just a couple of years ago
    Yeah I bought a unit pack with a gifting badge way back when. It was handy for alliance stuff and kickstarting my second account (that I have rarely since played lmao)

Edit: they closed it down because there was lots of credit card fraud and refunding after buying and spending units. It was a whole mess that probably doesn’t need to go on for anything longer than a week (so there is one period of time for the team to focus on; not all the time)
  • Options
    Destroyer123Destroyer123 Posts: 368 ★★

Zan0 said:

Crcrcrc said:

That is true now but it wasn't just a couple of years ago
    Yeah I bought a unit pack with a gifting badge way back when. It was handy for alliance stuff and kickstarting my second account (that I have rarely since played lmao)

Edit: they closed it down because there was lots of credit card fraud and refunding after buying and spending units. It was a whole mess that probably doesn’t need to go on for anything longer than a week (so there is one period of time for the team to focus on; not all the time)
    That and an entire black market on revives and stuff was set up.

Ie get units and sell the items for PayPal via line app at a discount to kabam store prices. Gifting was an ugly ugly thing